They took everything

Smuglebunny

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All we asked, is that is take less time to get up after a KD.

As in, half a second instead of the forever we had. I think it took longer to stand up than we spent on the ground.

What do they do? Hey let's nerf DPS ops again!

PS: I think the OS nerf was targeted at my sniper, you just got caught in the line of fire. Lol

Edited by Brunner_Venda

As in, half a second instead of the forever we had. I think it took longer to stand up than we spent on the ground.

PS: I think the OS nerf was targeted at my sniper, you just got caught in the line of fire. Lol

I think OS nerf is a precursor to smash nerf and they are reducing AOE damage overall.

Concealment ops are like one of the moles from Whack-A-Mole. You know that mole that was always glitched and stayed up too long so you could just whack (nerf) the crap out of it over and over? But hey the pain is finally ending because this mole won't ever stick his head up again after 2.7.

You know you can activate abilities during the stand up animation right?

Orbital nerf was for snipers using it in PvE, so you can thank them for that. You can also thank the whiners for the knockdown being taken. The roll was OP. It needed a nerf, I agree with that one. Regardless of how much energy it costed, it provided far too much mobility. It was not good for escaping short range to survive, it was good for crossing entire maps quickly. I do not agree with any of the other changes, to compensate for your knockdown being taken, they need to give operatives a buff to stand and fight, maybe a defensive, or maybe instant cast self heals like the sorcs have but only give them to DPS operatives, healing spec cannot get the insta cast self heal. Idk, they need to do something about the operatives ability to survive under focus.

They took:

*The good procs

*30 m electrocute range

*Instant whirlwind

*360 KB

*25 % of armor rating

Welcome to our world.

Yeah, but I have to be honest, even though sorcs are very bad, they still will not be as bad as operatives will be in 2.7 (this speaking as someone who mains a sorc healer and uses both corruption and madness in PvP). In 2.7 sorc healers will be better than op healers for normal wzs and madness sorcs will be a little more viable in ranked (thanks to the change in wrath). Every single tree in the op class will be useless, we won't even be able to go back to our healing tree.

And even though sorc healers suck in ranked PvP, they are still amazing in PvE, op healers will lose their best feature in PvE (being able to keep a tank up until another healer jumps in or another tank taunts the boss off him-despite what people think, this happens A LOT).

They are making this class useless on all fronts, and frankly those of us who spent time gearing up our ops should be very angry.

Yeah, but I have to be honest, even though sorcs are very bad, they still will not be as bad as operatives will be in 2.7 (this speaking as someone who mains a sorc healer and uses both corruption and madness in PvP). In 2.7 sorc healers will be better than op healers for normal wzs and madness sorcs will be a little more viable in ranked (thanks to the change in wrath). Every single tree in the op class will be useless, we won't even be able to go back to our healing tree.

And even though sorc healers suck in ranked PvP, they are still amazing in PvE, op healers will lose their best feature in PvE (being able to keep a tank up until another healer jumps in or another tank taunts the boss off him-despite what people think, this happens A LOT).

They are making this class useless on all fronts, and frankly those of us who spent time gearing up our ops should be very angry.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Shaq-points-laughs-and-leaves-press-conference.gif

Yeah, but I have to be honest, even though sorcs are very bad (no they're not), they still will not be as bad as operatives will be in 2.7 (this speaking as someone who mains a sorc healer and uses both corruption and madness in PvP). In 2.7 sorc healers will be better than op healers for normal wzs (no they won't??) and madness sorcs will be a little more viable in ranked (thanks to the change in wrath)(they're already solid in ranked). Every single tree in the op class will be useless, we won't even be able to go back to our healing tree (ops will still be best healer........)

And even though sorc healers suck in ranked PvP, they are still amazing in PvE, op healers will lose their best feature in PvE (being able to keep a tank up until another healer jumps in or another tank taunts the boss off him-despite what people think, this happens A LOT).(who cares about pve).

/5char

I think it's because they use the GCD as basic global minimum time unit except for insta cast and rare abilities. The knockdown is as short as possible at 1 GCD, which is why I don't understand the constant QQ about it. A 1.5 sec resolve building stun is weak.

I think it's because they use the GCD as basic global minimum time unit except for insta cast and rare abilities. The knockdown is as short as possible at 1 GCD, which is why I don't understand the constant QQ about it. A 1.5 sec resolve building stun is weak.

It's not about the KD being overpowered. It's not. It annoys people. It's being nerfed because a whole lot of people hate being subjected to it. Let me remind folks of what they did in 1.4

Our goal for crowd control in The Old Republic is to provide abilities that allow the player to take control of a fight, turn the tables, and feel great for taking charge. We know that this can be improved, so I want to explain our philosophy and our motivation for change before going into detail on the changes themselves.

Prior to Game Update 1.4, it was simple to control a target from a great distance and do so instantly, often as a surprise opener or from an unseen location off-screen. The way control abilities were designed encouraged this behavior, and the resulting gameplay could be frustrating.

In Game Update 1.4, we’ve made adjustments to the range of control abilities under a new philosophy. We want control to be something more readable, more predictable, and less chaotic in effect. To achieve that, control needs to require a setup, an activation time, or be close range such that the controller must overextend or broadcast their intentions in some way.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120904

And here's interesting tidbit from the same article:

In addition, while Overload and Force Wave make for great escape abilities, they have done so previously at a cost to the overall PvP experience. What we want for these abilities is to create distance between you and your target(s), but what frequently occurs is a bad experience for incidental nearby enemies that aren’t your intended target(s). Jet Boost and Concussion Charge behave similarly, but they are limited to the Mercenary and Commando. Changing them has a less effective impact on the game, and those Advanced Classes play better with a stronger ability on a longer cooldown.

Read that carefully. They never said that Overload and Force Wave were overpowered, just that they create a "bad experience" for other players.

K.O./Jarring Strike is a control that fits squarely in the justification for why these powers were nerfed in 1.4. Not because they were overpowered, but because people didn't like being controlled in that way in PvP. It's that simple. Honestly, reading that article again, I'm surprised it took them this long.

As I've said elsewhere, insta-lift was removed for what I believe to be the same reason. They are toning down AoE and CC in this game in a big way.

As I've said elsewhere, insta-lift was removed for what I believe to be the same reason. They are toning down AoE and CC in this game in a big way.

Based on what you posted as a refresher (thank you), you've given me an idea on how we can have insta-whirlwind/force lift again.

Still have to spec into as before the change; however, this time when it is activated, the caster must remain still as if channeling it for 2 seconds allowing everyone to see who applied it or it will be negated. This means someone could interrupt it other than the target. Effects could be seen from the caster of lightning from the Sorcerer or glowing force weave from the Sage. That still fits well within the confines of their own description for CC.

It's not about the KD being overpowered. It's not. It annoys people. It's being nerfed because a whole lot of people hate being subjected to it. Let me remind folks of what they did in 1.4

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120904

And here's interesting tidbit from the same article:

Read that carefully. They never said that Overload and Force Wave were overpowered, just that they create a "bad experience" for other players.

K.O./Jarring Strike is a control that fits squarely in the justification for why these powers were nerfed in 1.4. Not because they were overpowered, but because people didn't like being controlled in that way in PvP. It's that simple. Honestly, reading that article again, I'm surprised it took them this long.

Since jet boost is EXACTLY THE SAME how does not create the same bad experience? Completely inexplicable nerfs to throw gradually a class to the survivability gutter for 2 years. If anyone understands how limiting 360 knockback to merc/ commando does not create bad experience where by Sorcs does....

But, are back.

Edited by Aetideus

ops will still be best healer........

Yeah, thats right, I forgot they have so many other great heals. There are those super OP HoTs that take 2 GCDs to setup and only heal for 1300 every 3-4 seconds. Yeah, those will be a huge help. And there is also the mighty casted heal, which takes longer to cast than dark infusion, and heals for less than dark infusion. Yup, we will definitely be the best with all those great heals, next time when I'm focused and out of TAs I'll just use one of other super heals, and when it gets interrupted after getting pushed back for 3 seconds, I'll throw on another HoT and wait another 3 seconds for it to heal me for another 1300 ... because no one can do damage for 1300 per GCD, definitely not 2 DPS.

Yup you are right, they will still be the best...

Since jet boost is EXACTLY THE SAME how does not create the same bad experience? Completely inexplicable nerfs to throw gradually a class to the survivability gutter for 2 years. If anyone understands how limiting 360 knockback to merc/ commando does not create bad experience where by Sorcs does....

But, are back.

It's BW. They don't ever know what they are doing.

Yeah, thats right, I forgot they have so many other great heals. There are those super OP HoTs that take 2 GCDs to setup and only heal for 1300 every 3-4 seconds. Yeah, those will be a huge help. And there is also the mighty casted heal, which takes longer to cast than dark infusion, and heals for less than dark infusion. Yup, we will definitely be the best with all those great heals, next time when I'm focused and out of TAs I'll just use one of other super heals, and when it gets interrupted after getting pushed back for 3 seconds, I'll throw on another HoT and wait another 3 seconds for it to heal me for another 1300 ... because no one can do damage for 1300 per GCD, definitely not 2 DPS.

Yup you are right, they will still be the best...

Is this real life?