Can we please get account wide key-bindings?

sixsixtrample

Well if he didn't necro it, people would whine about starting a new thread about an old subject and most likely provide a link to this thread anyway.

Its the catch 22 of forums... you should never necro, but you should never start a new therad on an old subject either...

That's actually not really a case with this forum. I don't remember the last time someone has directed someone to another post, unless it was at most a week old.

But yes, I very much agree with the point of this thread. Keybind saving/loading would be amazing. This also would go nicely with some saving/loading for skill trees and ability bars.

I brought this up at the Chicago Cantina Crawl and the Dev's there agreed that it was something they wanted as it would also make it easier for them during play testing.

I'm not sure if this is still on the table or not as I haven't heard anything more on the subject, but I'd think developers would be more apt to tackle something that makes their own lives better as well as the players.

key-binds and chat colors would be sweet as well as one friends-list for all legacy characters including cross-faction.

Chat colours can be transferred from char to char easily.

They are contained in the same place as the UI if i remember correctly.

Usually under C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

Account-wide? No.

Even though most of my key bindings are standard, I change a few here and there based on how I play a character and I don't want those changes to impact every character I've got.

Import/Export? Yes.

Just like UI customization... it doesn't take any effort when first starting a character to load up one of my preferred layouts and keymaps should work the same way.