Aces?

Argonloris

On ToFN, i'd say for the republic :

Skipper, Cath, Arno, Rhienne, Kiz and Lillaea are names that come to mind. I'm probably missing a lot of good people here, focus me next time you see me if that's the case ;)

For the imperial side it's pretty dead ... I'm sure there's a couple of good players, but everytime i've been facing imps lately, it's been a faceroll :(

Oh yeah, and there's that guy called Scrab too, might have heard of him ?

EDIT : Added Lillaea, definitely :)

Edited by Aeliae

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to have forgotten the bomber pilots.

Like myself.

that's because bomber pilots aren't really notable as being "good" or not. I know a good scout pilot when I see them, a good strike fighter pilot as well, a good gunship pilot is VERY easy to distinguish from a "not so good gunship pilot" (it's their ability to evade and get away from anything as opposed to sitting there sniping when I manage to get into position to kill em) I've not yet identified anything that really sets good bomber pilots apart from mediocre ones.

On Jedi Covenant:

Pub Side:

Udezak

Grunty

Pearl

Micsion'verra - sp?

Arraton

Sound

There are a lot of really decent flyers on the Pub side I have flown with and would be their wingman any time. I could list more but these are the ones I see at the top of the charts when I fly.

Imperial:

Dhatlee

Darkspice

I will need to check more in my memory but there are a number of good Imps that I always feel tested against. Will come back with a few more on this list.

Self promotion on this thread is the one thing that really makes me tend to throw the name out the window. Many of us think we are skilled players, and we all have good days and off days.

In the end it comes down to how things balance out over time. I don't expect to see to many people who pilot the new ships such as bombers on this list for a while. The same thing will apply to what I assume are going to be infiltrators when they are released in 2.7.

Another for Sleeth.

Willie/Evilwillie + Myx'on/Myx'an

Myx'on is always in a Gunship right?

If so I agree. They are one of the few Gunships out there that can still piss me off. They can occasionally sneak in Ion Railgun on me before I even know they are there. Plus the other night I barrel rolled towards them (saw them first for once) and got hit with a fully charged slug mid barrel roll, which I thought was impossible.

Nothing like starting a fight with someone with 0 engine power. I've definitely killed them a few times though.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar

On ToFN, i'd say for the republic :

Skipper, Cath, Arno, Rhienne and Kiz are names that come to mind. I'm probably missing a lot of good people here, focus me next time you see me if that's the case ;)

For the imperial side it's pretty dead ... I'm sure there's a couple of good players, but everytime i've been facing imps lately, it's been a faceroll :(

Oh yeah, and there's that guy called Scrab too, might have heard of him ?

Aww you forgot little old Lillaea, i'm hurt :o

Well, you can add Vanilly for ToFN Imp side :cool:

And Zack, Raphael and so many more for Pubs (including the ones already mentioned)

On Jedi Covenant:

Pub Side:

Udezak

Grunty

Pearl

Micsion'verra - sp?

Arraton

Sound

There are a lot of really decent flyers on the Pub side I have flown with and would be their wingman any time. I could list more but these are the ones I see at the top of the charts when I fly.

Imperial:

Dhatlee

Darkspice

I will need to check more in my memory but there are a number of good Imps that I always feel tested against. Will come back with a few more on this list.

Add levvix to the pub list and I would also add to the imp side players: Ceylon, Kazden, Graendahl, Jaheesh and Heidyn.

Edited by Akarobi

I will say this, it's interesting how many supposed "aces" exist on harbinger that I've never even seen in any of the matches I've played on either side. People cry about the queues, but we're apparently getting enough players queuing up for a great number of matches at any given point in time.

I will say this, it's interesting how many supposed "aces" exist on harbinger that I've never even seen in any of the matches I've played on either side. People cry about the queues, but we're apparently getting enough players queuing up for a great number of matches at any given point in time.

Don't know what your que times on Harbinger but mine run about 30 seconds when grouped and maybe 90 seconds when solo. That's in the pm PST.

Jedi Covenant

Republic Elite Fliers

Grunty

Udezak

Battledress

Lots more that are great, but not as elite. There are many up and comers. These three have been consistent since November.

Imp Side I do not remember the names except for one:

Eichman

I had not seen him in a while but flew with him the other day.

I fly Dinkeria/Dinkerus on Imp/Pub and am middle of the pack dogfighter, which means cannon fodder for these fliers listed above.

Most people would simply assume the people in question either play at different times than you, or are on other toons. Saying "supposed 'aces'" just smacks of a certain degree of self-importance. If it makes you feel better, I've seen you in a match; you made no impression on me whatsoever.

From my ToFN point of view.

The most persistent republic pilot i know on is Armadyil :csw_xwing:

- we are being hit, master!

- i wonder.. ah really, armadyil! nice to meet you!

The best republic diehard is Skipper for me. Every encounter is tough and exciting.

The most dangerous gunship pilot is Rhienne. If u forget about him for a second u will regret it for a minute.

And for sure the most natural born killer here on ToFN is Scrab. Idk how he does it, but hes allways on the top.

If u forget about him for a second u will regret it for a minute.

Who isn't dangerous in a gunship if you leave them alone? that's why people laugh at gunships. A good gunship pilot would be one that kills you even when youre trying to kill them and ive never seen one of those.

Who isn't dangerous in a gunship if you leave them alone? that's why people laugh at gunships. A good gunship pilot would be one that kills you even when youre trying to kill them and ive never seen one of those.

I have.

Sleeth.

Other aces? There are so many on Harbinger...um...

Lendul

Jokur

Donna'lynn

Poogles

Force'skyn (spelling may be off, I am usually running...)

T'zeal

Touchdown (Everytime this guy kills something, I yell TOUCHDOWN! even if it's me being turned into space junk.)

Pil

Enemie

Nôx

Greenbay

There are more. I will add later when I log in and remember their names as something other than "OMG GET THAT ONE FIRST!"

Edited by Hiveworld
Added a funny...

The Ebon Hawk:

Not in any particular order, all these guys have caused the game to be rather interesting and at times made me want to kick a baby:

Andern

Liantra

Gis'ella

Courtney

Imperious

Siddain

Shayd

Highjinks

Kvikorma

Phil

Large, yes you *****

Delphi

Grixx

Balor

Rainous

Kerem

These are just a hand full of names at the top of my list, these guys are great to play against and fly with everytime.

Jedi Covenant

Republic Elite Fliers

Grunty

Udezak

Battledress

Lots more that are great, but not as elite. There are many up and comers. These three have been consistent since November.

Imp Side I do not remember the names except for one:

Eichman

I had not seen him in a while but flew with him the other day.

I fly Dinkeria/Dinkerus on Imp/Pub and am middle of the pack dogfighter, which means cannon fodder for these fliers listed above.

Forgetting the guy that ends 90%+ of his games top score by a factor of 2+ and has taken out half an imp team solo, simultaneously :p But yeah, Grunty is pretty good and the few times I've seen Udezak he seemed pretty good. It's rare to find someone who poses any challenge so I like seeing them in the opposite team in a pub vs pub match :)

Pfffff... in The Red Eclipse there's a lot of good players on both sides, let me think...

REP: My'la, Ogrin, Ootriclone, Davionix, Tillia, Urteon, Maverick, Makk... sorry if i forgot any of you.

IMP: Soep, Taajinator, Zahara, Mbwun, Stan-russian, Tulinof... and again, i'm sure that i forgot a lot of you.

Need to add Morpheo to those Imps and probably yourself (Jovi'juan), and Saandrig Rep side, otherwise that's not a bad roll-call.

Maybe Jamos too and (apologies for getting it wrong), Ideo (?), Grzmonster (?). Naughtyxx is a good Rep when he can be bothered to climb into a ship. And another Rep with a name like Beastyrjmonster who I can't remember properly either until I see the name. Really should write these down.

Would say Suruse too, but haven't seen him in a while, nor Mundo Rep side. Both were really good, maybe they burnt out after playing GSF 24/7 for two months.

Edited by Wainamoinen