Which class counters operative healer?

Cretinus

I hate operative healers. Mostly because, in my experience, they're the class that breaks everything. You go arena and if you have more of these than you win, if the other team has more, then it wins. You go WZs and the team with more operative healers wins. Two operative healers can keep 6 people busy while their team gets orbs or caps nodes and wins a WZ. This class is a couple of levels above the rest and no serious PvP team will do without.

So I decided to fight them. Is there a class that can do this? Is there a class that they fear? Is there a class that is able to regularly kick them operative arses? Like marauders kill sages: Who kills, or at least annoys operatards? Please let me know and I will reroll. I swear, I will. I swear.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno about you guys, but an unguarded Op healer is one of my favourite targets to attack when on my Combat Sentinel. Especially because unlike the other healers, they don't have any knockbacks to use on me. :)

It still would feel better if I had a hard stun to use on them when they get under 30%, but ah well, can't have everything I guess.

A guarded Op healer with a brain though, cannot be killed by any single player. That's a given fact.

Edited by EzioMessi

I hate operative healers. Mostly because, in my experience, they're the class that breaks everything. You go arena and if you have more of these than you win, if the other team has more, then it wins. You go WZs and the team with more operative healers wins. Two operative healers can keep 6 people busy while their team gets orbs or caps nodes and wins a WZ. This class is a couple of levels above the rest and no serious PvP team will do without.

So I decided to fight them. Is there a class that can do this? Is there a class that they fear? Is there a class that is able to regularly kick them operative arses? Like marauders kill sages: Who kills, or at least annoys operatards? Please let me know and I will reroll. I swear, I will. I swear.

A madness sorc and a merc in WZs.

A good OP healer won't fall because of 1 player. Just because of their cheating roll (I think it is very big mistake that bioware gave so powerful skill to so powerful class). Probably a nice darkness assassin can annoy them, because of tons of CC (spike, overload, electrocute, 2 slows, pull, jolt). The disadvantage is that operatives cannot make theirselves immune to interrupt.

Another one who can bother 'em is dps burst class. For example sabotage gunslinger or ars/pyro merc. That is my opinion, but I have little experience with an op.healer.

Edited by DerSchneider

Arsenal ruins operatives pretty badly in PUG matches where mercs are often going to be left alone for long periods of time and allowed to get their entire burst off. Electro net is a stealth class' worst nightmare, without question. No matter what spec you're in, electro net will ruin an operative or an assassin.

A good OP healer won't fall because of 1 player. Just because of their cheating roll (I think it is very big mistake that bioware gave so powerful skill to so powerful class). Probably a nice darkness assassin can annoy them, because of tons of CC (spike, overload, electrocute, 2 slows, pull, jolt). The disadvantage is that operatives cannot make theirselves immune to interrupt.

Another one who can bother 'em is dps burst class. For example sabotage gunslinger or ars/pyro merc. That is my opinion, but I have little experience with an op.healer.

Operatives really don't care if you interrupt them. 3 of their 5 healing abilities are instant. Surgical probe is infinitely spammable if used on targets below 30% HP. Interrupts may annoy them, sometimes, but being interrupted will never shut them down like having rapid scan interrupted as a mercenary.

Operatives really don't care if you interrupt them. 3 of their 5 healing abilities are instant. Surgical probe is infinitely spammable if used on targets below 30% HP. Interrupts may annoy them, sometimes, but being interrupted will never shut them down like having rapid scan interrupted as a mercenary.

Mercs got immune to interrupt, its enough. But if you dont receive your upper hand+lose 2 seconds because of interrupted cast - it is a problem. On the arenas you rarely got much upper hands.

Mercs got immune to interrupt, its enough. But if you dont receive your upper hand+lose 2 seconds because of interrupted cast - it is a problem. On the arenas you rarely got much upper hands.

No, it's really not enough. They get 12 seconds of interrupt immunity once every 2 minutes. This immunity only applies to hard interrupts, and not other ones like knockbacks or stuns. Mercenary healers are the easiest healers to shut down in the whole game, without question. If they can't get rapid scan off, they're junk. Anyone who knows anything will go out of their way to save their CC for Energy Shield, when fighting a merc with support gas on. Make them waste energy shield while being stun locked and then go right back to normal once it wears off. They're road kill.

Also, you can't really fail to get Tactical Advantage. Casting Kolto Probe on everyone before the match starts will give you Tactical Advantage. You can even cast Kolto Infusion just to generate it before the fighting starts. You also have Stim Boost to give you TA if you failed to generate it for any reason. Coming out of stealth gives you TWO stacks of TA. You get another two stacks in the middle of a fight, if you come back from cloaking screen too. You get TA from just using shiv on whomever is attacking you. No competent operative healer is ever going to be starved for TA. There's a reason why ranked on every server is flooded with operative healers and not mercs.

Edited by HaoZhao

Madness-Sorcs like mine are countering OPs. But it takes time you do not have in burst-dominated arenas. At the moment OPs have too much tools to escape without any support needed. Is there support a sorc-healer is more dangerous cause of the offensive potential.

So nvm. about random warzones.

Pyro, deception, madness, smash, vigi (more for locking them down than killing them), snipers will force an op to los but have a hard time finishing them... idk, pretty much any dps can shut an operative down if the operative is not being helped by his/her team - when they are guarded and peeled then no single dps will be able to take one down.

Electronet will wreck most players.

Aside from that, I don't have much issue with them on my Vigiliance guardian. And choose which abilities to use on them.. especially when they have dodge up, Tech and Force are your friends.

EDIT: If there are multiple healers on their team or good tanks/peels, you're better off just getting your entire team to attack them.

Edited by Juithtin

Pyro powertech / Assualt vanguard can kill them. Why? You put DoTs on them, you can keep them slowed, double stun them, you have huge burst, you can pull them to you, and use scan immediatelly when they force stealth. I am not saying it's easy as they will dispel DoTs and roll and stealth but this is as far as a counter for them goes this is the most obvious choice.

I would guess that sins can burst them down too, but I am not too familiar with them.

As for guarded operatives... ...it can't be done imo.