Petition to BW: Let Cybertechs do their job.

Bethmora

I don't agree that cybertech's one job is to make speeders (they do plenty well with armorings and mods), but it'd be nice to give us the option to craft some more - or GSF parts (really why isn't the GSF linked into crafting at all? what a lost opportunity).

TBH, what would the point be? Unless (until) BW overhauls crafting, how would adding more speeders enhance the profession? I can already make ridiculous bank with the schems I have, and unless BW introduced a new method of obtaining a schematic, acquiring the new schematic would likely take no more effort than walking to a vendor and buying it.

If the speeder is BoP (i.e., me only), it has to be "better" than my current rides. If it is BoE, it will just be one more speeder in an oversaturated market. The only "fun" in making a new speeder would be designing it (stats or looks), which currently only the devs can do.

We can already make plenty of $$ with the existing schems, so the only "benefit" a new speeder schem would have is that it would increase the size of my schem-list-ePeen.

Edited by eartharioch

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) the dyes you can craft do not over-lap with CM dyes.
I believe I saw black/red dye in CM or in a preview of a pack recently... so it is starting.

Nevertheless, dyes are odd choice for artificer, and would be much better for synthweavers (and augments might be better choice for Artifice). Tailors make dyes, ancient tech experts (which is the flavor text of artifice) make things out of ancient relics that improve stuff

TBH, what would the point be? Unless (until) BW overhauls crafting, how would adding more speeders enhance the profession? I can already make ridiculous bank with the schems I have, and unless BW introduced a new method of obtaining a schematic, acquiring the new schematic would likely take no more effort than walking to a vendor and buying it.

If the speeder is BoP (i.e., me only), it has to be "better" than my current rides. If it is BoE, it will just be one more speeder in an oversaturated market. The only "fun" in making a new speeder would be designing it (stats or looks), which currently only the devs can do.

We can already make plenty of $$ with the existing schems, so the only "benefit" a new speeder schem would have is that it would increase the size of my schem-list-ePeen.

Yea that's kind of why I said it the way I did. I don't really think Cybertech needs it because it's in a bad spot by any means. But I do think there is a lot they throw on the CM they could be doing for crafters in general.

I mean if it's really that they need to keep making money they could at least put schematics on the CM in some fashion.

OK, You all are not paying attention here. Its NOT about the CREDITS you can make from whatever cafting profession. Its about US getting new stuff to make. My point was, Cybertech makes speeders yet that job was taken away by the CM, this is not fair to anyone who plays the game. The CM also took away items from ALL crating professions, not just cybertchs. We as a community should start speaking up and what we deserve in game. I for one would love to have about 20 different speeder options to craft.

if you want BW/EA to start giving us more crafting then 'Sign' and make a comment about what you want to see.

OK, You all are not paying attention here. Its NOT about the CREDITS you can make from whatever cafting profession. Its about US getting new stuff to make. My point was, Cybertech makes speeders yet that job was taken away by the CM, this is not fair to anyone who plays the game. The CM also took away items from ALL crating professions, not just cybertchs. We as a community should start speaking up and what we deserve in game. I for one would love to have about 20 different speeder options to craft.

if you want BW/EA to start giving us more crafting then 'Sign' and make a comment about what you want to see.

I'd like a crafting system that is more fun than:

10 Buy schematic

20 Make item

30 IF (RE% = 0) GOTO 10

40 RE Item

50 GOTO 20

There is nothing "special" about crafted (or almost any) speeder. Crafting one is not interesting (at least like it was before the CM), and unless you are the crafter, there's no difference between buying a crafted speeder or a CM speeder from the CM.

Yes, you can RE a few schematics (item modifications) that you can learn if you successfully RE a rare or hard to obtain drop. Making obtaining a speeder schematic more challenging than buying a schematic would be interesting, but unless the speeder does something special, it's just another speeder on the GTN Lot at the end of the day. And if does something special and is BoE, it will be on the GTN Lot, and is just a money thing.

I think what you are looking for is a deeper crafting (speeder) system, where people might actually seek out your character and interact with it, and that you could gain a reputation as a master crafter. That's not a bad thing, but just tossing in a few more speeder schematics into the current system isn't going to get that.

Edited by eartharioch

/signed

I don't really do any crafting as I generally choose all gathering skills. But with no one crafting much, here lately I usually have a LOT of stuff (mainly metals & tech parts) that don't sell. I've actually stopped taking my leveling skills past 400 because nothing I've gathered past that really sells. If crafters got some love, it'd help everyone.

I agree. The Crafting system in WHOLE needs to be reworked.

Reasons "WHY" it needs some love:

1) Cartel Market FLOOD of outfits, crystals, weapons, speeders, ships make is hard to compete (Can't make them)

2) Credit Farming too easy now for those that don't raid for schematics. (IE: Schem Stealing)

3) Golden Rules - Those with a LOT of credits pretty much can dominate the market.

a) Example: Person either BUYS gold or some how gets a LOT of it. (Not raiding or PVP) That same person is able to purchase all the learned schematics (Armor, Hilt, Barrel, Enhance, Mod) and produces in BULK and keeps 4-5 of each on GTN for 1 credit less. This is happening to Harbinger for someone that seems to never go offline and makes it hard for anyone with just 1 Schematic to make any money. Players are undercut the minute they log. (I suspect this is a credit farmer, but still around so I can't confirm)

4) CRIT ratios for several classes at disadvantage even with limited Droid Crit Sensors. (Cybertech +5 Crit, Synth +5 Crit, rest are +2) Only ONE class on PUB side has +5 CRIT for Biochem.

5) CRIT = AUG SLOT for Biochem, Armormech, Synthweaver (Miss one?) and other crafters have CRIT = 2nd item crafted instead of Aug Slot.

SUGGESTIONS:

1) Schematic stealing FIXED (IE: You can't RE an item someone else made) - yes QQ around raiding having the cash flow and nobody else does.. but only see a couple ways to fix this. YES you can still BUY the items from Vendor for XX Ultimates or Elite comm's to RE that way. (So non-Raiders can RE stuff)

2) Bring back "Old Fashioned" way of learning harder schematics. (You RE stuff over and over again that you made or pulled from your gear not recycled bought ones from GTN).

3) Bring back RE of items gives you MATS back (Not just the crappy 1-2 Greens, but Blue/Purple again).

4) NEW Ability to RE items into LEGENDARY (Very RARE 1% maybe) chance to RE a Purple (31 right now).

5) Crafting RE Buff when you RE something you get stacking buff with a % chance increase to RE something. You get a +1 Stack that gives 1% increase to RE the next item in next 10 seconds. Max chance to increase by 5% (So a 20% item would be 25% chance) on 5th failed attempt for the 6th one.

6) Create +5 CRIT Sensor for ALL Crafting instead of the limited +2 and couple +5 now.

7) Do away with CRIT = AUG SLOT for Biochem, Armormech, Synthweaver (Miss one?) and CRIT = 2nd item crafted instead of Aug Slot. This provides TWO excellent crafting increases in game. First being more AUG slot KITS sold across the board for everything and second being those classes that have crappy crit ratios can actually make some cash. (OPTION maybe create a SENSOR with +5 CRIT and AUG slot if crit and/or +5 CRIT and Second item).

TROLLS please NOTE: I'm a crafter, I've MOST schematics 27,30,31 - All hilts, all barrels, etc. Most RE schems I've earned by raiding plus purchase (Schem Steal) those I didn't have. So suggestions I make have impact to me in different ways (Good and Bad).

Edited by dscount

Aren't cybertech able to craft endgame armorings and mods, which sell for crapload of money?

After Oricon came out, no, not really. 78's armorings and mods aren't craftable yet and the 72 varieties are exceptionally easy to come by these days due to the abundance of elite comms as well as DF/DP SM drops. On the other hand, the demand for 72 barrels and hilts is far higher than armorings but then that only benefits artifice and armstech crafters. This is not to mention that Cybertech also can't profit from making and selling augments or even mk-9 kits.

On my cybertech, if I wanted to make some quick cash, I am basically a one trick pony which is REing and selling augment slot components for about 70-75k per stack of 10. That gets old really fast.

Maybe BW could add something to the packs or CM that sre recipe for the crafting professions

Insteed of bring out a new speeder have the recipe for a new speeder and let the Cybertechs craft it

Cybertechs - Speeder

Biochem - Animal mounts

Armourtech/Syncweaving - Adaptive Armours

Armtech - Weapons (expect lightsabers)

Artfice - Lightsabers, crystals and dyes

Screw mods, Cybertechs should be rich as hell from Speeders!

And credits, they should also be able to craft credits.

Sorry, but cybertechs already have it good enough.

Guess he didn't read anything, another one that thinks its about credits.

I agree. The Crafting system in WHOLE needs to be reworked.

Reasons "WHY" it needs some love:

1) Cartel Market FLOOD of outfits, crystals, weapons, speeders, ships make is hard to compete (Can't make them)

2) Credit Farming too easy now for those that don't raid for schematics. (IE: Schem Stealing)

3) Golden Rules - Those with a LOT of credits pretty much can dominate the market.

a) Example: Person either BUYS gold or some how gets a LOT of it. (Not raiding or PVP) That same person is able to purchase all the learned schematics (Armor, Hilt, Barrel, Enhance, Mod) and produces in BULK and keeps 4-5 of each on GTN for 1 credit less. This is happening to Harbinger for someone that seems to never go offline and makes it hard for anyone with just 1 Schematic to make any money. Players are undercut the minute they log. (I suspect this is a credit farmer, but still around so I can't confirm)

4) CRIT ratios for several classes at disadvantage even with limited Droid Crit Sensors. (Cybertech +5 Crit, Synth +5 Crit, rest are +2) Only ONE class on PUB side has +5 CRIT for Biochem.

5) CRIT = AUG SLOT for Biochem, Armormech, Synthweaver (Miss one?) and other crafters have CRIT = 2nd item crafted instead of Aug Slot.

SUGGESTIONS:

1) Schematic stealing FIXED (IE: You can't RE an item someone else made) - yes QQ around raiding having the cash flow and nobody else does.. but only see a couple ways to fix this. YES you can still BUY the items from Vendor for XX Ultimates or Elite comm's to RE that way. (So non-Raiders can RE stuff)

2) Bring back "Old Fashioned" way of learning harder schematics. (You RE stuff over and over again that you made or pulled from your gear not recycled bought ones from GTN).

3) Bring back RE of items gives you MATS back (Not just the crappy 1-2 Greens, but Blue/Purple again).

4) NEW Ability to RE items into LEGENDARY (Very RARE 1% maybe) chance to RE a Purple (31 right now).

5) Crafting RE Buff when you RE something you get stacking buff with a % chance increase to RE something. You get a +1 Stack that gives 1% increase to RE the next item in next 10 seconds. Max chance to increase by 5% (So a 20% item would be 25% chance) on 5th failed attempt for the 6th one.

6) Create +5 CRIT Sensor for ALL Crafting instead of the limited +2 and couple +5 now. 7) Do away with CRIT = AUG SLOT for Biochem, Armormech, Synthweaver (Miss one?) and CRIT = 2nd item crafted instead of Aug Slot. This provides TWO excellent crafting increases in game. First being more AUG slot KITS sold across the board for everything and second being those classes that have crappy crit ratios can actually make some cash. (OPTION maybe create a SENSOR with +5 CRIT and AUG slot if crit and/or +5 CRIT and Second item).

TROLLS please NOTE: I'm a crafter, I've MOST schematics 27,30,31 - All hilts, all barrels, etc. Most RE schems I've earned by raiding plus purchase (Schem Steal) those I didn't have. So suggestions I make have impact to me in different ways (Good and Bad).

100% agree. also CM will still be profitable even if we had alot to do with crew skills

Screw mods, Cybertechs should be rich as hell from Speeders!

And credits, they should also be able to craft credits.

Sorry, but cybertechs already have it good enough.

yeah hearing a cybertech complain about lost speeder types when I'm a synthweaver makes me LOL

Please understand, This is not about just Cybertechs getting something. This is also not about making money, Its about all crafting getting new items to make. My point is that the CM took what crafters do in game and its not right. They should be giving the crafting community new updates every few months.

yeah hearing a cybertech complain about lost speeder types when I'm a synthweaver makes me LOL

Huh? Just the might and defense augments alone are more coveted than anything cybertechs can make right now.

And yes, I do have a 450 synthweaver, and armstech, and artifice, and biochem... etc.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

Please understand, This is not about just Cybertechs getting something. This is also not about making money, Its about all crafting getting new items to make.

/Agree.

There is no point in the different crafting trades to be attacking each other in a forum discussion. It's counter-productive to the discussion about improving crafting as a whole.

As I stated earlier Crafting of all types needs a complete and loving rewrite in the game. The game is into it's third year, and there has been much evolution in the game in the first two years...but not really much done for crafting.

I am not a crafter, but having played MMOs for many years with many different friends and guild mates, I know how important crafting is to some of the player base. It deserves better thought and attention then it has received to date. I do wish however, that crafters would stop trying to give each other virtual wedgies over who can do what, who gets more economic opportunity, etc. etc. etc. If that's what crafting is all about for you.. then they should just remove crafting IMO.

My cybertech is only useful for making alts armoring and mods. The end game stuff has been rendered obsolete. I lose money on my cybertech. Unless you are lucky enough to get the raid schematics, Cybertech is just as bad as any other crafting profession.

It's all about the augmentations and augmentation kits these days. My armormech makes me the most money at the moment.

Crafting as a whole needs a complete revamp. Every profession needs to be useful at end game.

My cybertech is only useful for making alts armoring and mods. The end game stuff has been rendered obsolete. I lose money on my cybertech. Unless you are lucky enough to get the raid schematics, Cybertech is just as bad as any other crafting profession.

How do you lose money on a cybertech? Send a few companions out to craft 15 or so random blue armor/mods in the < char level 25 range, sell them for about 15K each (making well over 10K each). People who are leveling blow through this stuff like it was air. Don't make too many of the same type (stat/level), check to see which ones are out of stock first, and don't make purples (they cost more to make and stay on the shelf longer b/c people don't want to pay 2x the price of a blue for a couple of stat points they will outlevel in a few hours). But you can easily clear 100K/day just doing this. And if you have an alt, you should be making some 53G Droid parts to RE so that you can make & sell MK-9 kits at 70K each.

Totally agree on the need for some QOL for crafters...

On some crits giving augmented results, while it'd be fun to get dual implants or whatever... Even when crafting the rare item that I want to wear on one of my characters, the slot off of crits is a mk-7 not a mk 9... So it is still necessary to craft and or purchase one still stimulating the economy.

Something I really desperately want to see (although does nothing for cybertechs) is the tionese/columi/rakata set pieces made craftable... Ideally with schem boxes purchaseable or earned in classic ops... A few of my original characters have some of those pieces saved, but then the alts that I've continued to roll are missing out on some really awesome looks.

Example I've seen is with the rating requirement removed from the rated war hero schems, there has been some nice action on some of those pieces on the GTN (earning various crafters income out of my pocket :D). I know I'd pay an arm and a leg for some of those rakata shells

CT is one of the most profitable crew skills for me. Armorings and mods are always needed, and, if your endgame repertoire is diverse enough, you can exchange mats for mods and earn nice money with all the crafting crit bonuses.

But I do agree that overall, the crafting system needs love. A lot of it.

Edited by Helig