Whose stupid idea was it....

fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Un-Flag! Works wonders!

Doesn't work. I was in a group Yesterday (on a PVE-RP server!), trying to do the H4. It was not possible due to some douchebag PVP'ers running in our AoE's while we were fighting the sub-bosses (to get the fungus). I was not flagged before that, but was of course after!

We were forced to abort the H4 and wait in the cantina for the flag to wear off; then we went back, tried again, got flagged and stomped again. After 3 failed attempts, we called it a night and forgot about the H4 alltogether.

7 instances full of PVP douchebags, wanting to ruin our PVE fun, on a PVE-RP server...

So I have to agree with the OP, it was a terrible idea to -once again- force people in a PVP situation for a PVE event, on PVE servers... In my opinion, they should deactivate the PVP mechanic on PVE servers alltogether to force PVP'ers to stay on their servers, but that's of course just my opinion.

Just my 2 credits,

Niko

Doesn't work. I was in a group Yesterday (on a PVE-RP server!), trying to do the H4. It was not possible due to some douchebag PVP'ers running in our AoE's while we were fighting the sub-bosses (to get the fungus). I was not flagged before that, but was of course after!

We were forced to abort the H4 and wait in the cantina for the flag to wear off; then we went back, tried again, got flagged and stomped again. After 3 failed attempts, we called it a night and forgot about the H4 alltogether.

7 instances full of PVP douchebags, wanting to ruin our PVE fun, on a PVE-RP server...

So I have to agree with the OP, it was a terrible idea to -once again- force people in a PVP situation for a PVE event, on PVE servers... In my opinion, they should deactivate the PVP mechanic on PVE servers alltogether to force PVP'ers to stay on their servers, but that's of course just my opinion.

Just my 2 credits,

Niko

The only workaround for this bit of EAware stupidity is to turn off all AoE attacks on your companions and don't use any AoE abilities yourself. It's the flagged douchebags throwing themselves into your AoE's that gets you flagged.

Edited by Zorvan

...to put the imps and the pubs in the same cave in the Rakgouhl event? Instead of focusing on the event everyone is focusing on avoiding each other in fear (from what I saw it was mostly the imps fault today, no offence imps).

Is there a reward for finding out "who"? What is it? Izzit cookies?

Seriously though.... people complain all the time about this game sucks are encouraging open world PvP... then they put encouragements in the events and people complain all the time about "forced" PvP in events.

In my experience, you simply have to be more careful in an event area AND bring friends/guild-mates....OR... suck it up and deal with it.

Edited by Andryah

1) turn off all your AoEs. Sure.. that makes for more challenge, but not that much more. It's better then giving up and letting the nuubs drive you off IMO.

2) the nuubs will get bored and leave

3) the nuubs have short attention spans anyway and will abandon the nuubery in a few days... like they have in other events.

Edited by Andryah

Is there a reward for finding out "who"? What is it? Izzit cookies?

Seriously though.... people complain all the time about this game sucks are encouraging open world PvP... then they put encouragements in the events and people complain all the time about "forced" PvP in events.

In my experience, you simply have to be more careful in an event area AND bring friends/guild-mates....OR... suck it up and deal with it.

Except you're combining two different groups of people in an attempt to make your point.

PvEers are not asking for open world PvP, PvPers are.

So why should PvEers, the vast majority of the population, be punished because of the PvP dimbulb population?

Flags are there for a reason. Noone should be able to make someone PvP who doesn't want to PvP.

I managed to do the event on my Mercenary without flagging myself even though the rest of my Ops group was flagged and there were Reps standing around where I was fighting that were flagged. How about learning a little hit more about position, rotation and situational awareness than the usual QQ.

Except you're combining two different groups of people in an attempt to make your point.

PvEers are not asking for open world PvP, PvPers are.

So why should PvEers, the vast majority of the population, be punished because of the PvP dimbulb population?

Flags are there for a reason. Noone should be able to make someone PvP who doesn't want to PvP.

Even people on PvE servers ask for open world PvP. I'm in a guild on a PvE server that does take advantage of open world PvP when we can find it. Events are a good opportunity in fact, particularly since they are transient in nature.

And I personally do not see it as "punishment". I see it as a challenge mechanic to the event. People are getting really lazy these days IMO. Yeah.. it makes for more care and attention if you do not want to get sucked in to PvP.. but I see that as a challenge to overcome, not something to curl up in a ball over. Even on a PvE server... bring some friends teach the nuubs not to mess with you, OR... just be careful with those AoEs... and don't let your healers heal anyone out of group.

Edited by Andryah

Even people on PvE servers ask for open world PvP. I'm in a guild on a PvE server that does take advantage of open world PvP when we can find it. Events are a good opportunity in fact, particularly since they are transient in nature.

And I personally do not see it as "punishment". I see it as a challenge mechanic to the event. People are getting really lazy these days IMO. Yeah.. it makes for more care and attention if you do not want to get sucked in to PvP.. but I see that as a challenge to overcome, not something to curl up in a ball over. Even on a PvE server... bring some friends teach the nuubs not to mess with you, OR... just be careful with those AoEs... and don't let your healers heal anyone out of group.

Wasn't "player choice" your talking point the last few days?

One would think that would make you the first to complain about something "forced".

Wasn't "player choice" your talking point the last few days?

One would think that would make you the first to complain about something "forced".

Except... it's not being forced. It's happening because some players are ignoring situational awareness and refusing to refrain from doing things (cough.. AoE.. cough) that will expose them to danger. It's completely within their control here.

The only time I have ever been flagged unintended in this game is when I MADE AN ERROR, or one of my group mates did.

Nice try on our part though. :D

Hey... isn't one of your key talking points that this game offers no challenge to PvEers? :p

Edited by Andryah

i think they should rip all pvp from none pvp servers. events, pvp flagging, wz's, and any and all loopholes that would have the carebears fighting something other then code.

and watch the qq flow.

because strictly pve'ers arent the majority

neither are strictly pvp'ers.

its the people who run both pve and pvp who are.

i think they should rip all pvp from none pvp servers. events, pvp flagging, wz's, and any and all loopholes that would have the carebears fighting something other then code.

and watch the qq flow.

because strictly pve'ers arent the majority

neither are strictly pvp'ers.

its the people who run both pve and pvp who are.

I'm strictly a PVEer on a PVE server. I'd be ok with leaving the warzones for those who want them, because you have to queue for them and you get beamed to the WZ. As for the rest of the pvp stuff (like the forced flagging) on pve servers, it needs to be removed. People play PVE servers for a reason, and that's because they don't want pvp dbaggery interfering with their game. PVP should be on PVP servers, and PVE should be on PVE servers. That's how it should be. Any PVPer worth their salt plays on a a real pvp server...they don't need to annoy people who don't want that on a server designated PVE.

I detest pvp with a passion. That being said, I have great situational awareness (need to have it if you want to be clearing HM and NIM raids), and when running around on my own in these open world events I can easily avoid getting myself flagged... until the large ops groups for WBs and the like. It's not because I pull out my AoEs all of a sudden like a tard, but because my preferred class is Healer. When I'm in an ops frame with 20 people, I'm not scanning the raid and clicking on individual player when everyone is moving around. That would require some sort of mental retardation on a healer's part. I use my ops frame - second I heal someone else who got flagged (which is not marked so I can avoid it), I get flagged, and now I get ganked. This is through no fault of my own or lack of awareness.

I don't think that PVP needs to be stripped from PVE-servers. It's would be a coding nightmare, and not fair to the players who enjoy both sides of the coin, but don't have the time to level and gear up two different toons on two different servers.

What needs to be removed is Healers getting flagged for healing. Simply code it so that an unflagged healer can not heal a flagged individual and you'll avoid griefing entirely. I agree, however, with the people saying that folks need to develop their situational awareness. If you're so keen on your PvE on your PvE server, this should not be an issue.

I'm strictly a PVEer on a PVE server. I'd be ok with leaving the warzones for those who want them, because you have to queue for them and you get beamed to the WZ. As for the rest of the pvp stuff (like the forced flagging) on pve servers, it needs to be removed. People play PVE servers for a reason, and that's because they don't want pvp dbaggery interfering with their game. PVP should be on PVP servers, and PVE should be on PVE servers. That's how it should be. Any PVPer worth their salt plays on a a real pvp server...they don't need to annoy people who don't want that on a server designated PVE.

Exactly my point! :)

Why is it that always PVE'ers are expected to adapt their playstyle to the whims of PVP'ers? If people want to PVP, they should roll a toon on a PVP server. There they would have willing opponents and could play the game the way they like instead of griefing others. Unless of course, girefing others is their way of playing the game...

Why is it that always PVE'ers are expected to adapt their playstyle to the whims of PVP'ers? If people want to PVP, they should roll a toon on a PVP server. There they would have willing opponents and could play the game the way they like instead of griefing others. Unless of course, girefing others is their way of playing the game...

Yup, why bother designating servers as certain types at all, if you're not going to adhere to the designations and do what it takes to make sure that people don't take advantage of the system, if they find a way to grief people on a server that isn't supposed to work that way. It's misleading to designate server types, if its not going to be upheld. Other games manage to do this just fine, like Age of Conan for example. I played on both types of servers, ultimately settling on a PVE server, and it was great.

On a PvE server and my group is up against 4 or 5 mobs that just popped out, we should not have to avoid using our most effective attacks to prevent being flagged.

Agreed. It would be great if Bioware could find a way to make it so that you CANNOT do damage to other players if you are not flagged for PvP, thus making it so the opposite faction can't run through your AoE to get you flagged. I find it bizarre that this is even possible; it is like Bioware forgot to take into account that some people are jerks. :confused:

There are PvEers and RPers who like to PvP as well and there are achievements for killing other players.

Edited by Corsiero

There are PvEers and RPers who like to PvP as well and there are achievements for killing other players.

And they have to kill non-PVP-flagged players for their achievements by tricking them into PVP through exploits? They can't just kill other already PVP-flagged players? Also, you can PVE on a PVP server as well, no? So PVP'ers wanting to PVE from time to time could still do so, on a PVP server. I don't really see the problem with making PVE servers pure PVE servers...

Its ironic because I've seen several posts on these forums that says basically the opposite. Some PvPers feel that they are tired of having to adapt their play-style to PvE - but this is mostly because of additional content to the game such as a lack of gear, wzs and such.

Those achievements should be separated from PvE achievements anyway.

Its ironic because I've seen several posts on these forums that says basically the opposite. Some PvPers feel that they are tired of having to adapt their play-style to PvE - but this is mostly because of additional content to the game such as a lack of gear, wzs and such.

Their reasoning is flawed.

If I'm on a PvE server and going on about my business burning down mobs with AoE, who has to adapt their play style in order to avoid unwanted playstyle? Is it the PvE player that has to stop throwing AoE attacks to avoid being flagged or is the "pvp" player that's trying to troll others into pvp while they're in a PvE area?

Pvp has warzones and the PvE has their plantes and daily areas. If I wanted to pvp, I'd be queing for wz.

Edited by slafko

I pvp also but I agree on non PVP servers it should just be in WZs.If someone wants open PVP go to a pvp server.PVP is third on my list of what I like behind classe quest then crafting.I don't do to much anymore but if it was the top of my list I know where I would go.Still might create a chr on pvp server for gp.

So we have Gree zone bugs here also or not?

Seen yesterday how flagged assassin out of stealth run thru Sage AOE - sage didn't get flagged.

So better question is what exactly is making this flagging mess... AoE or companions, disease or other?