PVE set bonus for PVP.

Aerilas

I've started playing my operative concealment again to get ready for 2.6, I really want to try it out then (and I will on the PTS tomorrow if it's still up). Bored of healing on it.

But the setbonuses for pvp are just...pathetic.

I looked into PVE setbonuses and I found a 61 armoring for classic comms that gives you the setbonus of +15%crit chance on Backstab.

The current setbonus on more recent gear on the other hand is +15% cirt chance on Shiv.

In PVP, I'm wondering what would be best. On the one hand, you use shiv alot more. On the other hand, Backstab can crit for loads, and with the extra 15% you would crit a LOT on backstab.

Also, the skill in the skill tree gives you 30% extra damage on backstab.

Now I'm wondering, whichone should I choose (don't worry about stats and bolster) simply for the usefulness of the setbonus

I've started playing my operative concealment again to get ready for 2.6, I really want to try it out then (and I will on the PTS tomorrow if it's still up). Bored of healing on it.

But the setbonuses for pvp are just...pathetic.

I looked into PVE setbonuses and I found a 61 armoring for classic comms that gives you the setbonus of +15%crit chance on Backstab.

The current setbonus on more recent gear on the other hand is +15% cirt chance on Shiv.

In PVP, I'm wondering what would be best. On the one hand, you use shiv alot more. On the other hand, Backstab can crit for loads, and with the extra 15% you would crit a LOT on backstab.

Also, the skill in the skill tree gives you 30% extra damage on backstab.

Now I'm wondering, whichone should I choose (don't worry about stats and bolster) simply for the usefulness of the setbonus

I'm using the Backstab one. Perhaps increased Shiv crit chance would amount to more overall damage, but I prefer the burst of Backstab crits any day of the week.+31% crit chance to Backstab is the closest to Deception-like burst reliability concealment gets. :p

That's just my preference though, and I suppose more opinions wouldn't hurt.

Edited by diadox

why not take both pve setboni? 2 armorings with the classic one and 2 armorings with the current one.

imagine that burst:rak_01:

Sorry for double post but just read this on dulfy:

"Arkanian Gear

Keep in mind that the set bonus on your Arkanian gear does not stack with your old set bonus from L50 gear."

Does this only apply on setbonuses that are exactly the same, or also on the ones we discussed here?

Sorry for double post but just read this on dulfy:

"Arkanian Gear

Keep in mind that the set bonus on your Arkanian gear does not stack with your old set bonus from L50 gear."

Does this only apply on setbonuses that are exactly the same, or also on the ones we discussed here?

I'm not sure. I know for sure a pre-2.0 pve 2-piece works with a post-2.0 pvp 2-piece, and that an old pve 2-piece does not stack with a new pve 2-piece if the bonuses are exactly the same (a merc getting two pve 2-pieces for +30% crit to tracer/power shot doesn't work, for instance). Don't know if an old Enforcer pve bonus would stack with a new Enforcer pve bonus though, since they changed it for 2.0. Since that was what you were asking though, I suppose this reply is pretty pointless :rolleyes:

The problem is that your PvE gear in PvP will hurt you way more than the set bonus will help you. And you can't mix PvE and PvP mods in items because that is worse.

Going into a warzone with an item with - for instance - 78/78/78 armoring/mod/enhancement is obviously inferior to pvp gear, and mixing pve and pvp gear is of course even worse. What you can do is mix certain different levels of pve mods (read: no expertise whatsoever) and end up with max expertise and not far off from obroan in terms of other stats. For example, 69/66/58 or 61/69/63 mixes will bolster you to max expertise and allow you to use pve set bonuses.

I'm not sure. I know for sure a pre-2.0 pve 2-piece works with a post-2.0 pvp 2-piece, and that an old pve 2-piece does not stack with a new pve 2-piece if the bonuses are exactly the same (a merc getting two pve 2-pieces for +30% crit to tracer/power shot doesn't work, for instance). Don't know if an old Enforcer pve bonus would stack with a new Enforcer pve bonus though, since they changed it for 2.0. Since that was what you were asking though, I suppose this reply is pretty pointless :rolleyes:

Going into a warzone with an item with - for instance - 78/78/78 armoring/mod/enhancement is obviously inferior to pvp gear, and mixing pve and pvp gear is of course even worse. What you can do is mix certain different levels of pve mods (read: no expertise whatsoever) and end up with max expertise and not far off from obroan in terms of other stats. For example, 69/66/58 or 61/69/63 mixes will bolster you to max expertise and allow you to use pve set bonuses.

No actually it was what I was asking. But you offered a new problem, enforcer-enforcer... Well I'm going to try and when I have everything I'll let you know (might be a few weeks, i dont pve much, except endgame raiding.)

I have 61 66 66 on my sorc (non mh/oh, 2 armoring pieces) and that works aswell. I'm going to do that for campaign setbonus and 69 63 61 for the arkanian setbonus

But you're right. It will bolster you to max expertise

Pretty sure the 61s are OK with expertise, but haven't tested. Don't really want to grind all those coms though...

I use the 61's (with one of the enhancements switched a 66 I had laying around) with everything else Conq gear and I have full expertise

sweet, i had thought i deleted the pve set i had, but checked my storage and had the armorings .. im going to give that try.

Wouldn't you want to use all 69's to get the most stat gains? I think you'll still bolster to max expertise.

sweet, i had thought i deleted the pve set i had, but checked my storage and had the armorings .. im going to give that try.

Wouldn't you want to use all 69's to get the most stat gains? I think you'll still bolster to max expertise.

69s lose expertise, I forget how much though.

Full 69s doesn't bolster you to full expertise.

You need a 63 and 61 mod/enhancement with it to bolster to full expertise.

That said, is there anybody that can confirm one of the previous made statements:

"You can't combine 2 Enforcer setbonuses, even if are different"

?

I more or less stumbled upon an arkanian piece doing the event boss on my slinger, and with that on top of another piece that I happened to have in my cargo hold I was able to test if the Shiv and Backstab bonuses stack.

I had ~21% tech crit chance, so with stacking bonuses the expected crit rate would be 36% for Shiv and 52% for Backstab (including the 16%+ talent).

In my test I got 37% on Shiv and 62,6% on Backstab. Here's the test parse: http://www.torparse.com/a/562986 (sample of 227 Shivs and 115 Backstabs, 23 minutes). It does seem the bonuses stack.

I more or less stumbled upon an arkanian piece doing the event boss on my slinger, and with that on top of another piece that I happened to have in my cargo hold I was able to test if the Shiv and Backstab bonuses stack.

I had ~21% tech crit chance, so with stacking bonuses the expected crit rate would be 36% for Shiv and 52% for Backstab (including the 16%+ talent).

In my test I got 37% on Shiv and 62,6% on Backstab. Here's the test parse: http://www.torparse.com/a/562986 (sample of 227 Shivs and 115 Backstabs, 23 minutes). It does seem the bonuses stack.

Sweet, tyvm

WAS THIS DONE IN WZ'S? i thought I read somewhere that PVE bonuses do not actually work/apply within pvp warzones. If that is true - it renders the gear completely moot.

WAS THIS DONE IN WZ'S? i thought I read somewhere that PVE bonuses do not actually work/apply within pvp warzones. If that is true - it renders the gear completely moot.

What's with the caps lock there? Did it make you feel like your point got through better?

I never parsed to find out my overall crit rate on Backstab in warzones, but I know that the 2-piece pve bonus applies in warzones for sage heals. Unless your ambiguous source specifically mentioned operative bonuses or those regarding crit rates, I see no reason why it should not work.

lazy.. caps was on... to lazy to erase after i wrote that.

Anyways..

I did a test of full obroan vs 61/66/66 power/surge vs power/surge boots.

It looks like - to do a 2pc bonus of 61/66/66 over obroan.. you'll give up around 13 bonus dmg on tech and range..and .15% crit chance. There is also a loss of about 50 health.

Do you think an extra 15% crit chance on Backstab - used every 12 seconds - is better than the bonus dmg you give up..