We need more lightning.

OM-AR

When I hear the " Dark side " of the force the 1st thing that comes to mind is force lightning.

As a marauder we have smash and disable droid but I'd like to see more force lightning used.

The only two abilities that all three specs ( rage, carnage and annihilation ) are assault and battering assault.

I'm hoping the debs replace one of these attacks ( preferably assault ) by a force lightning ( red sparks and all ) attack that builds rage.

I always thought that "Force Push" should have been a different animation for Knights and Juggs. Knights could keep the current version and Juggs would have theirs be a short blast of Force Lighting that knocks an enemy away. That wouldn't help Maras of course, but they could get something else. Edited by Terro_Fett

Since i watched the original star wars trilogy first episode now labeled ''a new hope'' the first time you get in contact with the force is Darth Vader force choking an imperial officer,so i always have force choke as a trademark of the Darth lords,why isnt it a vital power on my Marauder rotation? Why instead of that i got force scream witch i never saw in the movies but the KOTOR rpg game? I say remove scream completly from the game and let us use as Sith Warriors force choke and leave the lighting to the Inquisitors!

Since i watched the original star wars trilogy first episode now labeled ''a new hope'' the first time you get in contact with the force is Darth Vader force choking an imperial officer,so i always have force choke as a trademark of the Darth lords,why isnt it a vital power on my Marauder rotation? Why instead of that i got force scream witch i never saw in the movies but the KOTOR rpg game? I say remove scream completly from the game and let us use as Sith Warriors force choke and leave the lighting to the Inquisitors!

Maras are focused on delivering the most brutal, sustained attacks possible. Think of them as focusing on their melee saber abilities to the exclusion of most other methods of force use. It's not really ridiculous that they don't manifest force choke, nor is it ridiculous that neither they nor Jugs manifest lightning. You do get Force Choke in cinematics, but it makes sense that you can't necessarily utilize it effectively in combat.

Dunno, the first thing that comes to mind for me when the Dark Side is mentioned is Force Choke.

This. Which is why I always use it in duels or against stray boss mobs to finish them off. Makes no sense in terms of rotation. But it just feels like the thing to do.

Agreed with the OP. Darth Malgus (Clearly a Jugg!) uses firce lightning to compliment his blade skills so its perfectly viable. Force scream is ofen used when chasing down a foe so I dont think that should be replaced. I like force push as it is. Vicious throw on the other hand, used when enemy is below 30% would be good to replace as we already have a saber throw skill.

This. Which is why I always use it in duels or against stray boss mobs to finish them off. Makes no sense in terms of rotation. But it just feels like the thing to do.

Bah, I use Force Choke because its fun to use Force Choke. It's the iconic Darth Vader move, FFS.

I always thought that "Force Push" should have been a different animation for Knights and Juggs. Knights could keep the current version and Juggs would have theirs be a short blast of Force Lighting that knocks an enemy away. That wouldn't help Maras of course, but they could get something else.

It would look cool it if worked similar to how Dooku blasts Anakin with lightning and pushes him back a long way simultaneously in episode 2,

I understand the desire for more lightning, but to tell the truth, I don't conjure images on lightning when i think of Vader. Vader to me is all about the Force Choke. Although I wouldn't turn down if they offered more lighting (;)), what i personally would love is there to be more emphasis on Choke.

I mean, Christ, they based an entire class on lightning, and choke, which to me is arguably the more iconic move, is very much relegated to much lesser skill. Maybe AoE choke, or maybe something else, I don't know, Just seems like it wouldn't be wrong to emphasize it a tad more for the Juggs.

I would work it into the interrupt personally.

Knights jump up and kick you in the face, what do we warriors do?

Stick our hand in the opponents face. Whoopee.

Ehehehehe :D

We knights do look awesome at interrupts.

Some sort of lightning fist or something wouldwork better as an interrupt.

The only guy who did multiple chokes in the lore was Vader himself while he was real angry. I think.

Problem with Choke is how it's working. You can't have a rotation integral skill that is supposed to be channeled and holding someone in air. It's basically a lore-unfriendly skill.

Edited by Manweth

Ehehehehe :D

We knights do look awesome at interrupts.

Some sort of lightning fist or something wouldwork better as an interrupt.

The only guy who did multiple chokes in the lore was Vader himself while he was real angry. I think.

Problem with Choke is how it's working. You can't have a rotation integral skill that is supposed to be channeled and holding someone in air. It's basically a lore-unfriendly skill.

They can actually implement vicous throw so that it is a choke followed by a lightsaber throw.

Bah, I use Force Choke because its fun to use Force Choke. It's the iconic Darth Vader move, FFS.

I use Force Choke because PvP. That healer being whacked on by my group is in execute range for us? Yeah. Up in the air you go, sucka. Bye bye.

Ummm....Smash is full of red lightning...

And if you really like lightning and melee combat, that's what assassins are for.

I have always thought that Force Scream should be replaced by a lightning blast...

But at least we are not sages, they have the worst animation in the pebble throwing ability because it should really be lightning..

but...those pebbles form from thin air...Sages are so strong in the force they can create matter. :eek:

and to be fair...Sages get to hurl droids at people...

I would work it into the interrupt personally.

Knights jump up and kick you in the face, what do we warriors do?

Stick our hand in the opponents face. Whoopee.

No, no, no, we face palm people for trying to **** with us.

When I hear the " Dark side " of the force the 1st thing that comes to mind is force lightning.

Nah, Force Choke!

As a marauder we have smash and disable droid but I'd like to see more force lightning used.

Then I suggest you to play another class, but I wouldn't mind to see one additional lightning attack for Warrior.

Maybe AoE choke

Oh yes! This is a great idea. We would be like Malgus in The False Emperor. It would do little dmg and require channeling in order not to be overpowered though.

About Force Scream...don't you even dare to change anything. When I was playing Kotor as a kid I fell in love with this ability. :p

Just changing graphics and animation of Force Scream to something like "lightning blast" would suffice for both Juggs and Marauders. Shooting a huge blast of lightning out of the mouth does have a certain... appeal to it. Edited by Oneirophrenia

On a serious note, I wonder how many of you raid with a diverse group. Between all the lightning and explosions other group members throw out, Phase Walk, Sorc AoE heals, etc, not to mention some of the bosses themselves casting, what's going on around the boss is cluttered enough. We don't need more on-screen lightning =p

Vader never used lightning, and he is supposed to be the model for the warrior class

To hell with Vader.He didn't use lightning only because he had prosthetic limbs.

Is my favorite Force using class(Juggernaut) supposed to emulate a cripple?

Warrior or not,we are sith and not using ANY kind of lightning is really bad in terms of design ,.. like you are some newbie acolyte or something.Lightning is an universal skill for Dark Siders,lore wise.

This can be a Cartel market consumable that changes and reverts back the animation of force push or Force Scream for example.People that don't want lightning can still keep their old animation.

Edited by Kaedusz

I always thought that "Force Push" should have been a different animation for Knights and Juggs. Knights could keep the current version and Juggs would have theirs be a short blast of Force Lighting that knocks an enemy away. That wouldn't help Maras of course, but they could get something else.

I once made a suggestion to give the Sith Warriors version of Force Push a lightning fx.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=701169&highlight=Force+Push

We don't need lightning. If I need my lightning fix I can do it through my Heroic Moment.

Yeah, I've been leveing an Inquisitor just to get that unlock...but I just found out it's lightning storm instead of force lightning.

The storm is probably better mechanically...but it doesn't make sense. Being able to use force lightning every now and then is the perfect addition. However, being able to create a lightning storm every so often doesn't make sense...since you don't use lightning at all besides that.

Personally...it also doesn't look as powerful as force lightning to me. With force lightning...you see it coming from your hands...it just looks powerful.

Edited by VitalityPrime