The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware read this! It could save your skin when Wildstar comes out!

Marrius

I have compiled a list of ideas I really hope Bioware will consider. I have taken a substantial amount of time in formulating these ideas so please consider this should you decide to reply.

1) Housing

a) Allow zones on each planet where players can build houses/communities.

b) Allow players to better customise their player ship as well as/instead of a house.

c) Include items that (when decorating ship/house) give buffs to the player in game. – These items could be crafted, found or bought on the cartel market.

2) Crafting

a) Add new recipes to each existing craft to include elements to be combined (from each crafting ability) to craft vehicles, starships, dreadnaughts, houses etc.

b) Make crafted starships better than cartel ships but add recipes to the cartel market.

c) Allow everything to be reverse engineered. (including dyes)

d) Make reverse engineering a subscription or purchasable ability.

3) Guild ships

a) PVE

i. Operation quests: Destroy an NPC dreadnaught, Explore a new mysterious planet, First contact with a new alien race (basically think Star Trek)

ii. FP quests: smaller mission (away team) quests for groups of 4.

iii. Solo Quests: Daily quests to maintain the guild ship.

b) PVP

i. Imp vs Pub only

ii. Fought for special guild rewards. Or even realm bonuses.

iii. Allow fighters and bombers to fly from the guild ship hangar

iv. Allow manning of guild ship anti star fighter cannons.

v. Allow planetary sieges.

vi. Allow planetary defenses (ion cannon) when a planet is being laid siege. Planetary siege cannons could be manned by those that travel to the planet being laid siege to. There would be a special pvp instance zone that players could access on each planet. This zone would have the planetary cannon and an area that could be invaded by the attacking ship’s players in order to disable the shields surrounding the cannon.

vii. When a guild ship is disabled it is removed from the battle. Any fighters in space can continue to fight but will gain no credit for the guild.

I realise that the existing populations on our servers may not be able to support this so Bioware would have to offer a free month’s subscription to help entice players back to try these new additions.

Please remember these are only ideas so telling me,‘they will never do it’is neither helpful nor is it appreciated. And unless you are a Bioware employee, please keep these kinds of comments to yourself.

Wildstar is not a threat, it's actually a blessing... it'll get all these whiners and PvP Elitist wannabes out of this game and off this forum, and hopefully stop all their smearing and bad "press" toward this game in the long run... if we lose the PoT5 Server, well that's not really a loss is it?.. the last handful of good people from there can move to a better server, hopefully with a free transfer to a server of their choice... now hopefully all the Doomsayers can stop railing on what this game isn't and actually enjoy something else... but, let's not kid ourselves, those same people that plan to abandon ship here will only find things in Wildstar to complain about in a matter of days and start predicting it's failure for not being the perfect game they imagined it would be before it launched...

now don't take this as a personal attack or insult, it's just my opinion based on my personal observation...

Edited by Elly_Dawn

Wildstar a threat? How. It's neither Star Wars, nor does it look like it has anything like the character-based storylines, and worse - it looks like manga/anime. So, no threat at all.

hey now don't insult Manga and Anime in that way... Wildstar looks way way way worse, like that super-deformed Transformers i refused to watch with the kiddos a few years back cause it was so gawd-awefull fugly...

I have compiled a list of ideas I really hope Bioware will consider. I have taken a substantial amount of time in formulating these ideas so please consider this should you decide to reply.

1) Housing

a) Allow zones on each planet where players can build houses/communities.

b) Allow players to better customise their player ship as well as/instead of a house.

c) Include items that (when decorating ship/house) give buffs to the player in game. – These items could be crafted, found or bought on the cartel market.

2) Crafting

a) Add new recipes to each existing craft to include elements to be combined (from each crafting ability) to craft vehicles, starships, dreadnaughts, houses etc.

b) Make crafted starships better than cartel ships but add recipes to the cartel market.

c) Allow everything to be reverse engineered. (including dyes)

d) Make reverse engineering a subscription or purchasable ability.

3) Guild ships

a) PVE

i. Operation quests: Destroy an NPC dreadnaught, Explore a new mysterious planet, First contact with a new alien race (basically think Star Trek)

ii. FP quests: smaller mission (away team) quests for groups of 4.

iii. Solo Quests: Daily quests to maintain the guild ship.

b) PVP

i. Imp vs Pub only

ii. Fought for special guild rewards. Or even realm bonuses.

iii. Allow fighters and bombers to fly from the guild ship hangar

iv. Allow manning of guild ship anti star fighter cannons.

v. Allow planetary sieges.

vi. Allow planetary defenses (ion cannon) when a planet is being laid siege. Planetary siege cannons could be manned by those that travel to the planet being laid siege to. There would be a special pvp instance zone that players could access on each planet. This zone would have the planetary cannon and an area that could be invaded by the attacking ship’s players in order to disable the shields surrounding the cannon.

vii. When a guild ship is disabled it is removed from the battle. Any fighters in space can continue to fight but will gain no credit for the guild.

I realise that the existing populations on our servers may not be able to support this so Bioware would have to offer a free month’s subscription to help entice players back to try these new additions.

Please remember these are only ideas so telling me,‘they will never do it’is neither helpful nor is it appreciated. And unless you are a Bioware employee, please keep these kinds of comments to yourself.

Your ideas as interesting as they are will take considerable time and resources to implement. But one I will say right now is that housing will never happen. Period. Why? This game is not SWG and the engine for the most part can't handle it. Also Wildstar won't hurt SWTOR it will take away the loud haters maybe but won't harm the game in the long run.

The Elder Scrolls? That is something that may be a threat.

I like your ideas. I would also be thrilled to have the personal Starship be more customizable.

However, I don't think Wildstar will be any particular threat to this game.

I've played it during Beta and the quest system is the old "wall of text, click okay" with no particular incentive to read the quest text (this can be seen in videos of the game, so it doesn't break NDA to talk about it).

The artwork is a matter of taste, really, though I do prefer SWTOR's style over the overly-cartoonized style they use in WS.

Wildstar seems to be hyped just as much as GW2 was and I believe it will have about the same effect, nearly none.

PS: I would love to see the things you listed, but not because I think it would be a decision winner for a lot of people, but because I love the game and love to see it progress

Edited by Never_Hesitate

Wildstar is not a threat, it's actually a blessing... it'll get all these whiners and PvP Elitist wannabes out of this game and off this forum, and hopefully stop all their smearing and bad "press" toward this game in the long run... if we lose the PoT5 Server, well that's not really a loss is it?.. the last handful of good people from there can move to a better server, hopefully with a free transfer to a server of their choice... now hopefully all the Doomsayers can stop railing on what this game isn't and actually enjoy something else... but, let's not kid ourselves, those same people that plan to abandon ship here will only find things in Wildstar to complain about in a matter of days and start predicting it's failure for not being the perfect game they imagined it would be before it launched...

now don't take this as a personal attack or insult, it's just my opinion based on my personal observation...

I don't play on PoT5. And if I was interested in playing on a PvP server, I'd join one without such a major faction imbalance.

That said, Pot5 is one of the few remaining servers that regularly hits 'Heavy' population loads. You can say the absence of one of those servers won't be a big loss, but I'm sure Bioware would feel the hit to the game's income stream. PvPers pay subs and buy crap off the cartel market too.

A lot of people enjoy PvP as either their main focus or one of their main activities. Dismissing all of them out of hand is a good way for an MMO to shoot itself in the foot. Especially an MMO trying to retain a stable subscriber base in a market with lots of incoming competition where MMOs in general are bleeding subs.

Edited by liradarc

Wildstar is a threat to GW2. For this game, TESO would be a bigger threat and ofc WoW which is actually coming up with a decent sized expansion pack again.

I'm just hearingbad things about TESO really, people keep complaining its going to be a massive disappointment and a masterpiece of boredom. Gonna test it this weekend, we2ll see whats going on over there.

However, If WoW doesn't screw Dreanor up it will trample this game and i'm already hearing very cool stuff about its stat changes. Sounds really good optimization, itemization and complexity wise.

It'll probably be better than melee classes that stack only surge in their third slot for end game at the moment.

Edited by Hakkology

We can only know whether it is a threat when reality hits. No one really ever know the future. Or do we? For me, the anime char of Wildstar turned me off. However, if it is f2p, I don't mind trying it out. Maybe it will captivate me.

I like your ideas. I would also be thrilled to have the personal Starship be more customizable.

However, I don't think Wildstar will be any particular threat to this game.

I've played it during Beta and the quest system is the old "wall of text, click okay" with no particular incentive to read the quest text (this can be seen in videos of the game, so it doesn't break NDA to talk about it).

The artwork is a matter of taste, really, though I do prefer SWTOR's style over the overly-cartoonized style they use in WS.

So it's not spam your spacebar style like the one in this game ? Imo TESO got the right balance between text and animations. At least from what ive seen in the beta so far. I raher have a wall of text ( like the ones we get from dailies and weeklies node) than having to spam spacebar and 1 several just to get going with my quests that i already know the storyline backwards and forwards.

Wildstar is a threat to GW2. For this game, TESO would be a bigger threat and ofc WoW which is actually coming up with a decent sized expansion pack again.

I'm just hearingbad things about TESO really, people keep complaining its going to be a massive disappointment and a masterpiece of boredom. Gonna test it this weekend, we2ll see whats going on over there.

However, If WoW doesn't screw Dreanor up it will trample this game and i'm already hearing very cool stuff about its stat changes. Sounds really good optimization, itemization and complexity wise.

It'll probably be better than melee classes that stack only surge in their third slot for end game at the moment.

I really liked teso, its like a mix of skyrim and gw. I actually like that there isnt much hype about contrary to a certain game we all know too well.

Also the only people playing this game atm are star wars fans, so the only threat to this game is another star wars, or another sci fi mmo.

Edited by tekhiun

I really liked teso, its like a mix of skyrim and gw. I actually like that there isnt much hype about contrary to a certain game we all know too well.

Also the only people playing this game atm are star wars fans, so the only threat to this game is another star wars, or another sci fi mmo.

Rubbish. The players who play this game are starwars fans and mmo players.

Edited by theUndead