The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Official Weapon Wishlist Thread

I'm curious what it would actually take to make ranged weapons that use alternate firing effects, such as for slugthrowers (as well as personnel railguns) and plasma guns (the heavy shot kind).

I really hope that it wouldn't be too much trouble to implement, because I would absolutely love to get my hands on some slugthrowers, (personnel) railguns and plasma guns.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

It may have been mentioned before..

But Oh, I would love for the colored visual effects of weapons to change with the color crystal attached..

Such as the Manaan scimitar-like blade, that has a bluish energy-stream, when unsheathed, which does not change, regardless of what color crystal you attach to it.. An energy stream, which does not seem to match any clothing dye option I've been able to find..

Likewise for the various energy-scopes and whatnot, which are on a locked color-scheme, regardless of the crystal inside. Sometimes, it just looks ridiculous. And to me, that makes a difference.. A big one.

I've seen several really good ideas ... and frankly what I'd like to be able to do is actually GET the stuff I want. Not wait for someone to put it on the market for several million credits ....

make the items we want actually available. Please no more chance of getting a super cool :

1. light saber

2. rifle

3. pistol

4. etc.

• 10 months later...
we need more good looking blaster rifles, the only one i think passable is the one from the rakghoul event rifle. is there a blaster rifles that resembles an M16? or at least something that looks like this.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x279/jcsnaiper/DSC01978.jpg

i really don dig current blaster rifle models, it has some of the most ridiculous looking gun point.

I would love them to make all of the Outbreak weapons available in a Cartel pack (Especially the rifle), but the Snipers, perhaps not, as they are already in other cartel packs. Aside from that, yeah, I'd love to see the Outbreak response weapons appear in future Cartel packs.

A Lightsaber Pike, I'd love to see this added to the game. I mean, the Zakuul Knights are going to be using this, so I don't see it being that much of a stretch for them to make it a player item.

This is a necro, but I'm really glad to see my thread back up and running. Thanks.

• I'd still love to see railgun weapons, even if they can't have new VFX. (Although that would be AWESOME.) Lightsabers with a similar aesthetic (albeit projecting a lightsaber blade instead of shooting) would be very cool as well.
  • Another thing I'd love to see is a "blaster-lightsaber" weapon like the one used by Ezra Bridger in Star Wars: Rebels. It'd be interesting if there was both a blaster type and a lightsaber type version of it.
  • With Knights of the Fallen Empire coming out, I would absolutely LOVE if lightsaber pikes, like the ones used by the Zakuul Knights. It *should* be possible for it to work without needing new animations as a reskin of double and single bladed lightsabers, at least for Inquisitors/Consulars.
  • Blasters with fold-out "vanes" on the barrel, similar to the Season 5 PvP rewards, albeit with a different style to not detract from the PvP rewards. A good blaster pistol with fold-out vanes at the end of the barrel was something I wanted for one of my characters since launch.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

I don't know if this has been suggested before but how about these two words for ya..... Nekode Lightsaber.

What? I think that one's going to need some explanation.

On another note, as an addendum to my post regarding the lightsaber pikes, perhaps long-handled lightsabers could be the single-bladed lightsaber skin version, while double-bladed lightsabers get the lightsaber pike skin? Although I'd still love a lightsaber pike skin for single-bladed sabers, but it might conflict with the animations.

Another thing that I'm curious about now that there's that biotech armor (synthetic bio-fiber) are biotech weapons.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see the return of laser sights on blasters (pistols, rifles and sniper rifles) as this is great for showing off your colour crystals when not a saber user.

Maybe laser sights could be a future attachment option!

Edited by Ferretfur

• 4 months later...
I'd like to see the return of one of the (seemingly) rarest weapons in the game: Ruin, a rifle so hard to find that I can't even find a photo of it. I tried to find one of these back in the 1.X era, before the FIRST time that the loot tables were changed. Imagine my chagrin when I found out it had been removed...I still hate running through the Rakghoul flashpoints to this day...

There are some lightsabers that I would dearly love to see but at the moment I can't trust Bioware not to make them too big. A simple curved lightsaber like Assaj Ventress uses in the clone wars would be nice that way my marauder can have a very nice look about her..

The first is the lightsaber pike. All that this really needs to work is a double-bladed lightsaber with the back blade replaced by an extended staff segment, with the sheathing point moved to the back like with electrostaves and techstaves. The front blade might need to be shorted via having some of its length replaced with extra staff length, additionally. Absolutely no new animations would be needed whatsoever.

Long-handle lightsabers, alternately from lightsaber pikes, could be made from single-bladed lightsabers with a hilt length like that of double-bladed lightsabers. This could also be used for "single blade active" variants of double-bladed lightsabers.

I understand what you're saying, but you have to think about the grip that each character has on their weapon. You would have to change the grip that each character has on their weapon, so that the grip matches the weapon. For instance, with a long-handled lightsaber, simply adding a new design wouldn't work, because the character would hold the weapon as if it was a saberstaff.

On another note, if new classes are not in the pipeline, I think it would be fantastic and very exciting to see some new cross-class companions that wield new weapon types. Specifically, I would love to see at least two. The first could be a companion that makes use of a lightsaber pike, maybe a rogue Zakuul Knight, sort of like Senya. I think the second companion should wield a San-Ni staff, and should be a top member of the resistance against the Eternal Empire.

Lightsaber Pike:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_pike/Legends

San-Ni Staff:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/San-Ni_staff

:sul_wink::sul_grin::sul_tongue::ph_thank_you::sy_companion:

Thank you; hail and farewell,

- ScorpioStrikes

Edited by ScorpioStrikes

I'd love to have the removed models from planet vendors and heroic missions/flashpoints made available again in some capacity.

Some models are completely unobtainable now, others are still obtainable but in different colors with different additions. Since we cannot dye weapons or use them in outfit designer, dyes and green lookalikes don't make up for the loss like it does - at least in part - for armor.

I'm particularly fond on the Hammer Station Holdout Blaster, the Red Reaper Sniper Rifle and the E-15 Rampage Cannon.

Entirely extinct unique models:

Hammer Precision Holdout

Advance Scout's Fusion Rifle

E-15 Rampage Cannon

Athiss Sawbones's Blaster Pistol

Cademimu Spec Ops Blaster Pistol

C-305 Military Shrieker

H-206 Military Striker

Colicoid Stealth-X Sniper

X-300 Fusion-X Sharpshooter

Campaign Field Tech Sniper Rifle

Underworld Field Tech/ Professional Sniper Rifle

R-55 Searing Disruptor

Advance Scout's Blaster Rifle (Athiss Advance Scout's Rifle, E-313 Power Interceptor, S-400 Stealth Saboteur)

Heavy Blaster Rifle

Battle Assault Cannon (X-3 Heavy Assault Cannon)

Lightsaber of Dark Delirium

Popular unique color variations:

Red Reaper Sniper Rifle

Edited by KyaniteD