Operative DPS OP!

Cempa

I for one welcome our new operative overlords! Good job biofail.

You know the biggest buff to operative DPS was the PT hybrid nerf. With those out of the way, everyone else will melt when a bunch of scoundrels run in circles spamming the annoying punch sound.

Oh No!!!!!

Annoying punch sounds shall kill us all!!!!.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Operative Concealment is in a really good place in arena right now, sadly the ones who think other wise may not be playing it right..they may be playing it like a warrior or whatever...

ANY buff to concealment operative damage or survivability will push the build over the top..

Sadly this is BW the ones who keep messing up PvP balance....so see you guys after the buff..and get ready for massive rage posts...

Ya, that's why every dps operative gets yelled at the minute they see the dps tag in arenas right? That's why they are always the first target right? The spec is not in a good place in arenas. They die instantly. Even the "good" ones never break 20k damage because they don't live long enough.

They have been the weakest dps class for god knows how long and only terrible players had trouble fighting them.

Give me a break you jealous PVP QQers.......... Everytime, Bioware tries to listen to the community feedbacks and try to buff UNPOPULAR, UNDERPOWERED specs, you guys cry river of tears How OP the buffs are while you hypocrites are playing FOTM classes 5 year old kids can play. Absolutely pathetic! As i said before, I SPIT ON YOU ALL!

At the start the OP and his targets have 2xk HP...As the video progresses the OP and his targets get better and better gear and are above +30k HP.

This is some one who knows how to play his class, I have gone up against OP's like him in Arena and in a coordinated arena team I have seen them take a Sniper in cover from 100 - 0 in seconds.

You guys all know how many really skilled PvP players and officers and guilds/guild leaders have left this game...sadly many of those who still play, who BW is balancing for just do not understand how to play a stealth class...

At the start the OP and his targets have 2xk HP...As the video progresses the OP and his targets get better and better gear and are above +30k HP.

This is some one who knows how to play his class, I have gone up against OP's like him in Arena and in a coordinated arena team I have seen them take a Sniper in cover from 100 - 0 in seconds.

You guys all know how many really skilled PvP players and officers and guilds/guild leaders have left this game...sadly many of those who still play, who BW is balancing for just do not understand how to play a stealth class...

Hey look, a video of a concealment op playing regs and beating on players with no gear and bads. Good luck doing that in arenas. The buffs concealments are getting in 2.6 will barely help in solo arenas as they will still die instantly after their opener. In group ranked? lol have fun giving the other team free wins.

I know you all are afraid of the big bad stealther, but the class is extremely weak and assassins are still leaps and bounds better than them....But hey, they have lightsabers so its cool, we wont say anything bad about that spec.

Hey look, a video of a concealment op playing regs and beating on players with no gear and bads. Good luck doing that in arenas. The buffs concealments are getting in 2.6 will barely help in solo arenas as they will still die instantly after their opener. In group ranked? lol have fun giving the other team free wins.

I know you all are afraid of the big bad stealther, but the class is extremely weak and assassins are still leaps and bounds better than them....But hey, they have lightsabers so its cool, we wont say anything bad about that spec.

Yup glad someone else see's it like me.

The buffs concealments are getting in 2.6 will barely help in solo arenas as they will still die instantly after their opener. In group ranked? lol have fun giving the other team free wins.

Is 2.6 here yet?

Your opinion is irrelevant until then.

Amirite?

Edited by Makavelithug

Is 2.6 here yet?

Your opinion is irrelevant until then.

Amirite?

No but its live on the PTS right now. Yes, the damage buffs are very very good. Sucker punch alone is hitting almost up to 7k for me on a warzone dummy. But here's a news flash for you. The spec is still squishy as ****. Its the same reason why no one will ever take a DF scoundrel into arenas as well. The burst on that spec is actually very respectable. Problem is, again, they die extremely fast. They have practically zero ways to mitigate any damage at all unlike deception assassins that actually have decent DCD's and defensive talents.

Fade talent gives them 30% aoe damage reduction. Darkswell talent makes blackout usable out of stealth and gives 25% damage reduction (on top of resource regeneration....) Deflection gives 50% ranged and melee damage reduction. Force shroud resists all force and tech attacks and they also have a frontal cone knockback.

Compare that to scrapper and DF that has....Dodge and shield probe...woooo. The tree gives neither spec any passive defenses and both specs desperately need some. So yes, you are right, 2.6 isn't out yet, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the main reason no one takes either dps spec into arenas is because they cant survive anything which is same reason no one takes jugg smasher over a sentinel smasher. I will thoroughly enjoy these buffs in regs though.

At best they will do ok in solo arenas where they can pick one person off if the opponent doesn't know how to react to a scrappers opener. But then it just becomes a 3v3 as the scrapper is just going to die the minute they finish off the player. And thats the best scenario. The most likely scenario is the scrapper pressures the opponent for two seconds then gets instagibbed.

That operative is fighting complete bads. And stop using his vids as an example saying he's good, he isn't even doing his opening rotation right. Also saw him break a force push lol

Edited by BraaxusKun

That operative is fighting complete bads. And stop using his vids as an example saying he's good, he isn't even doing his opening rotation right. Also saw him break a force push lol

Some are bads, but some were highly geared, and some were just OK. That's what you find in Regs. The video also showcases how good Ops are at talking nodes, solo, and how great they are in Hutball .. This video was made before Obroan PvP gear was out ... In the opening sequence, he took out like 4 guys in a row, whether they were bads or not, still pretty sweet ..

I'm 13-9 in solo ranked, but stopped playing ranked because, well, Ops DPS in ranked, just get burned down pretty quickly .. The buff to DPS will help, but survive ability is still pretty bad ..

No but its live on the PTS right now. Yes, the damage buffs are very very good. Sucker punch alone is hitting almost up to 7k for me on a warzone dummy. But here's a news flash for you. The spec is still squishy as ****. Its the same reason why no one will ever take a DF scoundrel into arenas as well. The burst on that spec is actually very respectable. Problem is, again, they die extremely fast. They have practically zero ways to mitigate any damage at all unlike deception assassins that actually have decent DCD's and defensive talents.

Fade talent gives them 30% aoe damage reduction. Darkswell talent makes blackout usable out of stealth and gives 25% damage reduction (on top of resource regeneration....) Deflection gives 50% ranged and melee damage reduction. Force shroud resists all force and tech attacks and they also have a frontal cone knockback.

Compare that to scrapper and DF that has....Dodge and shield probe...woooo. The tree gives neither spec any passive defenses and both specs desperately need some. So yes, you are right, 2.6 isn't out yet, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the main reason no one takes either dps spec into arenas is because they cant survive anything which is same reason no one takes jugg smasher over a sentinel smasher. I will thoroughly enjoy these buffs in regs though.

At best they will do ok in solo arenas where they can pick one person off if the opponent doesn't know how to react to a scrappers opener. But then it just becomes a 3v3 as the scrapper is just going to die the minute they finish off the player. And thats the best scenario. The most likely scenario is the scrapper pressures the opponent for two seconds then gets instagibbed.

I agree concel/scrapper needs defense, other than that I still think you can still get a decent rating running a comp with a concel/scrapper.

I do hate this place they are though, least the damage will be at par with assassin so who knows we will see cap gear.

Bioware needs to address some defense and then we will see it right there in the mix.

Nice to hear its doing good in PTS.

i am not sure how you think they need defense? Though I can not prove it I think BW builds passive blanket mitigation into classes that they do not tell us about...As a DPS after hundreds of hours I know Operatives of all kinds and shapes have a passive blanket mitigation..add to that vanish and roll and you have Star Wars Monk!!!

Monk in WoW is either amazing or crap depending on who plays it..

Play OP like a Jug or PT which most posters seem to do and you will get owned...Sin is over the top guys we all know that..Sin needs either less CD's or less CC...

Edited by Cempa

Ever 1 vs 1...

There is still more than >50% chance for shoot first dont crit (for example 30% crit + 17% talented = 47% crit); its laughable 3.5k damage from opener. If shoot first dont crit, scrapper dead in next fight with chance 65-80%.

If after opener backblast/backstab dont crit too (crit chance same less <50% without set bonus, less <75% chance with pve set bonus), scrapper dead 100%.

Indeed, team-wise scrapper still most useless spec, he dont bring anything useful (taunts, guard, guardian leap, bubbles, inspiration, transcendence, aoe shield, trauma debuff) for all other team too. Mass stealth is useless crap on most maps and too long cd.

Edited by TonyDragonflame

A good agent/scoundrel can stun lock you until death. Increasing their dps is nothing more than stupid.

They have the best cc, the best escape, the best stealth/detection and can cut you down to 15% health before you even have time to get up off the floor.

But I expect nothing less since Bioware just love this class (including sniper) and will always look after it FIRST. Did I mention that a Sin/Shadows only abiltiy to prevent stuns has been broken for EIGHTEEN months? gofigure......

A good agent/scoundrel can stun lock you until death. Increasing their dps is nothing more than stupid.

They have the best cc, the best escape, the best stealth/detection and can cut you down to 15% health before you even have time to get up off the floor.

But I expect nothing less since Bioware just love this class (including sniper) and will always look after it FIRST. Did I mention that a Sin/Shadows only abiltiy to prevent stuns has been broken for EIGHTEEN months? gofigure......

Ironic coming from someone who plays an assassin...a class that is 10x better than scoundrels.

I must admit, i'm a bit concerned at what this buff will do. I remember fully what a catastrophe it was if a dps op was on the other team. You died, whenever he decided. There was just no way around it. Didn't even have to be a quality player, just did that knockdown, and shiv. Thats all i remember seeing.

Now, they were nerfed back to reality with their dps, but still have nothing to keep standing once they unload. I for one feel no pity on them. There are still a few out there that seem to remind me of their op days, and give me a *** moment. Yeah, thats in the hands of an experienced player, but ability is still there to rofl stomp other dps classes.

But what am I saying. I've been living the good life on my shadow. Dps hasn't been nerfed much since launch. If anything it has gotten a buff. Our dps only blows up under geared or unprepared players though. Get in a ranked match and the dps drops significantly.

I must admit, i'm a bit concerned at what this buff will do. I remember fully what a catastrophe it was if a dps op was on the other team. You died, whenever he decided. There was just no way around it. Didn't even have to be a quality player, just did that knockdown, and shiv. Thats all i remember seeing.

It's funny whenever this is brought up people fail to mention several other aspects of launch. Like, oh I don't know? The fact that 50's didn't get separated till almost 3 months after launch? Or the fact that a very small percentage of players had full pvp gear (**** you bag system). Or how about the fact that adrenals and click relics were usable in pvp? Everyone always brings up scoundrels....New's flash, other burst specs were doing the exact same thing when they popped their adrenal and relic and many of them had actual DCD's.

Now, they were nerfed back to reality with their dps, but still have nothing to keep standing once they unload. I for one feel no pity on them. There are still a few out there that seem to remind me of their op days, and give me a *** moment. Yeah, thats in the hands of an experienced player, but ability is still there to rofl stomp other dps classes.

They didn't nerf them to reality. They nerfed them to being completely useless. It was complete overkill. They get nerfed 3 times in a row and then the removal of adrenals and click relics completely killed them. It was a glass cannon spec that had no cannon. I feel no pity for someone like you who thinks scrappers still "rolf stomp" other dps classes. Reality is you just suck.

But what am I saying. I've been living the good life on my shadow. Dps hasn't been nerfed much since launch. If anything it has gotten a buff. Our dps only blows up under geared or unprepared players though. Get in a ranked match and the dps drops significantly.

And here comes the irony...I find it absolutely hilarious that assassins and shadows are complaining about a slight dps buff that scrappers are getting. You all still have better DCD's than us and still have better burst than us. I've been on the PTS. The increased damage is very nice, but it still doesn't compare to the 8-10k crits deceptions get from both discharge and maul and you get a proc that increases mauls damage, reduces its resource cost and you can use it out of stealth compared to our main attack that requires stealth and has no proc buff to it and its CD is being increased to 9 seconds....which is BS.

For those curious about the dps increase. I'm min/maxed and on live I average around 6k shoot firsts and back blasts. Blaster whip caps out around 4k usually and sucker punch around 5k. I get 7k's here and there on undergeared players, but on the pvp warzone dummy those are my average crits. On the test server (impossible to test on players since no one *********** uses the PTS.) My shoot first and backblast are hitting for about 7k now instead of 6k and I'm getting high 6k almost 7k sucker punches and 6k blaster whips.

So yes, its a fairly big dps buff, but it still doesn't compare to what assassins can do (especially since they have recklessness that practically gives them an auto crit on shock and discharge and practically fully resets when leaving combat) and we are still squishy as ****. Case in point, if you were getting killed by them before, you were bad and will just get killed by the better scrappers even faster now, soooo FYL I guess. Sucks to be bad? These changes were needed, but even still it doesn't fix the overall problem and they will still be terrible in arenas due to no good DCD's and will just die instantly, but its a start. I will enjoy seeing the tears from all the baddies though.

Edited by Raansu

I just love how those who play agents call others 'bads' when they even suggest that this buff is wrong. It IS wrong.

The clown posting above goes on about how Sins rock - they don't. You also fail to mention your classes ability to stun lock its target until death. You want higher burst dps, so imo you should also take a hit on that stupid scamper ability by increasing the power it uses.

You play some one who wants to rush into combat like a warrior, deal burst damage like a Sin, have the ability to run away like an Agent - you can't. The agent class is supposed to take out singular players, much like a Sin - because you also fail to mention that a Sins burst can be stopped and then in most cases, we're out of luck until force increases.

Agents deal enough damage right now, because I have seen GOOD agents wipe the floor in seconds with players, so I see no reason to again make changes because knowing Bioware, they will screw it up, then it will be a 8 month wait for any changes.

I just love how those who play agents call others 'bads' when they even suggest that this buff is wrong. It IS wrong.

The clown posting above goes on about how Sins rock - they don't. You also fail to mention your classes ability to stun lock its target until death. You want higher burst dps, so imo you should also take a hit on that stupid scamper ability by increasing the power it uses.

You play some one who wants to rush into combat like a warrior, deal burst damage like a Sin, have the ability to run away like an Agent - you can't. The agent class is supposed to take out singular players, much like a Sin - because you also fail to mention that a Sins burst can be stopped and then in most cases, we're out of luck until force increases.

Agents deal enough damage right now, because I have seen GOOD agents wipe the floor in seconds with players, so I see no reason to again make changes because knowing Bioware, they will screw it up, then it will be a 8 month wait for any changes.

Again, coming from an assassin...classic. One that refuses to play arenas at that...Classic. Go back under your rock.