Login Issues

EricMusco

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

All connectivity issues should be resolved! Thank you again for your patience as we worked through all of this. Have a good night/morning :)

-eric

Yeah I'm sorry but can I point out something for a second here? Eric and the entire team of people who resolved this stayed up until who-knows-when o'clock CST to get this resolved.

Is it just me or is that awesome?

:ph_thank_you:

Edited by idnewton

Yeah I'm sorry but can I point out something for a second here? Eric and the entire team of people who resolved this stayed up until who-knows-when o'clock CST to get this resolved.

Yup, good work guys, thanks :)

There's a big difference between funny and stupid.

I really hope someone teaches these script kiddies exactly what that is.

I wouldn't even call them that. These guys don't know the first thing about scripts. They are just using a free open source program and running behind a proxy over most likely an open wifi network.

I was wondering if anyone might be having the same problem i am right now. Before i knew about the ddos problem, i bought 5500 cartel coins, the money was removed from my account, but my ledger has no record of the transation, and nothing has appeared in my shop. I would just like to know if this happens much? This is the only transaction ive made in 3 days so its not the daily limitations problem. Anyone know?

I was wondering if anyone might be having the same problem i am right now. Before i knew about the ddos problem, i bought 5500 cartel coins, the money was removed from my account, but my ledger has no record of the transation, and nothing has appeared in my shop. I would just like to know if this happens much? This is the only transaction ive made in 3 days so its not the daily limitations problem. Anyone know?

They wont answer this in a public forum. You need to contact customer support about that through either an in-game ticket or e-mail/phone.

I wouldn't even call them that. These guys don't know the first thing about scripts. They are just using a free open source program and running behind a proxy over most likely an open wifi network.

That's actually the definition of the term "script kiddie". There's no implication that they know anything about scripts. The name indicates that they know virtually nothing, and need someone else to create pre-packaged tools for them (which are commonly distributed in a scripting language).

That's actually the definition of the term "script kiddie". There's no implication that they know anything about scripts. The name indicates that they know virtually nothing, and need someone else to create pre-packaged tools for them (which are commonly distributed in a scripting language).

I guess most of the DERP group would hack "127.0.0.1" if someone said that were their IP and claim black ice, if they suddenly lost connection to the web ;)

Hey folks,

All connectivity issues should be resolved! Thank you again for your patience as we worked through all of this. Have a good night/morning :)

-eric

Eric I want to thank you and your team for putting in the time to get the servers up and I know what happened isn't your fault. At the same time however I am wondering what if anything is being done to prevent this sort of thing from happening in the future. I'm not asking for specifics, I'm just asking if some preventative measures are being taken for some piece of mind so that next time when I set aside an evening for raiding I don't have to worry about the server being brought down and this same thing from happening again. Again thanks for your hard work last night.

I guess most of the DERP group would hack "127.0.0.1" if someone said that were their IP and claim black ice, if they suddenly lost connection to the web ;)

DERPTrolling was using a DDOS (probably launched from zombies they bought time on). The 127.0.0.0/8 subnet is notoriously resilient to DDOS attacks.

Hey folks,

-eric

Thanks to all of you for putting in the extra time and work!! i hope you will be able to catch up on some rest this weekend. :-)

Hey folks,

-eric

Um, no. Ain't fixed yet. Not able to log in as of 8am server (Pacific) time...

So... what gives?

So, they should give out a pack with title for this DDoS hack and because of this it sets most people back a full day on progression in raids and dallies what are going to about this? The pack I am talking about the one like they did in beta patch 0.12 where no one was able to log in for 2 days because of something that was awesome title too!

Hey folks,

-eric

I was back on and playing Shadowlands server by 11:30 PM. Good work stomping the script kiddies. Your diligence and quick response is appreciated!

So, they should give out a pack with title for this DDoS hack and because of this it sets most people back a full day on progression in raids and dallies what are going to about this? The pack I am talking about the one like they did in beta patch 0.12 where no one was able to log in for 2 days because of something that was awesome title too!

Everyone who was on on when stuff went down could get the title "the Denied".

Edited by Risl

Hey folks,

-eric

Or in other words. They stopped DDOSing EA's servers and BioWare is taking credit for "resolving some issues".

Edited by Bugattiboy

It's not awesome, it's their job and a cushy one at that.

Also, we don't even know what they did, if anything. And if it is something they fixed, it was too late because the game went down.

Edited by KarmaForce

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.