Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

any info on 2.6?

amona

The irony of a pve player complaining about not getting content when 99% of the content released is for them. These changes are for pvpers, and heaven forbid we get a few patches dedicated to pvp.

Your lust for power have already done enough damage, average PvPer.

The ONLY reason why vigi is so f.....d up is that idiotic no brainer smash monkeys decimating pvp matches pre 2.0

DO NOT tell me about the lizards of Knight class.

True Guardians suffered far more than any of you did because of them.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ONLY reason why vigi is so f.....d up is that idiotic no brainer smash monkeys decimating pvp matches pre 2.0

Well, Operative's healing spec is the overwhelming favorite compared to sorc/merc for pvp atm, and apparently they're still getting buffs to their dps trees.

I don't think Smash being good or bad has much effect on Vigi's balance. (For the record though I do agree the Focus playstyle is a joke).

It killed us. Killed our STR bonus, our free blade storm, our increases to DPS.

Because Focus was taking them as well, and they nerfed us both to just nerf them.

Focus is the sole reason for Vigilance's misery. Both in mechanics and in the minds of devs.

I've heard that devs saying "if you don't like viglace, play focus." They'd never type that in forums, but rumors do circulate after each cantina event.

Edited by Manweth

Vengeance has always been poorly designed. Smash spec had nothing to do with that. Maybe you should blame BW for simply being incompetent for not doing class balances more consistently instead of blaming the pvpers. BW are the ones that ignored the weaker specs and takes over 7 months to make any changes. We had to deal with bubble stun for over half a year because of how slow they were.

And for the record. I have all 8 classes at 55, and juggernaut was my 3rd toon I took to 50 well before 1.2 so I'm well aware of the vengeance shortcomings considering I played that spec exclusively.

First off, Happy New Year everyone! I am back in the office now from the holidays so we are right back to some yellow posts :)

Game Update 2.6 first and foremost will mark the launch of Galactic Starfighter! That will mean the introduction of:

• The Gunship unlock available for F2P players.
  • A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!
  • ...and more! We will talk more about this next week.

Also, Game Update 2.6 will come with a few class changes, here is just an overview of some of what you will see:

• A fairly significant DPS boost for Operatives/Scoundrels.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Tracer Missile/Grav Round and Power Shot/Charged Bolts.
  • Sorcerers/Sages will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Lightning Strike and Force Lightning/Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now cast Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe on more than one target at a time.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now use Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot on themselves while Combat Support Cylinder/Combat Support Cell are active.

As always, look for the 2.6 patch notes for a full list of all changes that are coming! That is just a preview of what is to come.

-eric

Having read the list of things to come, I started thinking whether someone forced Eric to make this post, because I can not believe someone would post such a tiny list of minor things for a greater version step whereas the list of rightful requirements (Nightmare mode, new warzone, balance issues) is huge.

Seriously, a new gunship and 2 bomber variants? How long does it take to add these? A day?

How many skill trees are there in total? 4?

While for 2.5 Starfighter was a valid excuse for not looking deeper into class changes, but with the current plans for 2.6, I think Bioware stepped over a certain line. Before patch 2.5, they had created threads for each advanced class to ask players what class changes they would find necessary. Now it became clear that not only did they not care about the class threads in general, but by not giving a **** about the thread they had created for a specific purpose, they spit in the eyes of all the players who had spent a lot of time to basicly do Bioware's homework and come up with great ideas how to fix certain issues without affecting other classes.

I truely hoped patch 2.6 would finally bring temporary balance to the game and players would not feel underpowered either in PVE or PVP, but it seems it was in vain. I thought I would be here until the servers go down, but the great fun factor of this game can no longer surpass the developers's attitude.

Let's get a Guild Ship and more Guild Tools, SERIOUS Bug Fixing, Apartment on Capital World, Personal Class story continuation as well as Companion story/romance continuation (I don't care what Bioware already said about this, they need it anyway), Legacy Datacrons, Cut-Scene Screenshots returned to working order, Performance boost on game engine and servers, Get rid of the streaming updater, etc.

Enough with these dumb GS ships and skins crap. Please.

I could not agree more, we NEED more control of how we run our guilds.

1. Guild Ships with rooms for meetings and areas where we can launch our ships, enter into space and ground flashpoints / ops / WZ's etc. I wont hold out for guild apartments we can decorate.

2. A guild recruiter on the fleet and starter worlds. the recruiter will allow you to search for a guild, read a guild description (2 big pages at least). Apply to guild will send the guild leader and officers a in game email with the guild application that guild leaders can customize. and if they meet the requirements of the guild an accept button to have prospective guild member join EVEN if they are not online.

3. Guild mail to all in the guild by the guild leader and officers.

4. On our character selection screen when you log on have to the left of the screen a guild calendar where guild leaders an officers can add events and everyone can interact with the guild. It would be nice to see who is logged in the guild when selecting our character to log into play with.

5. Be able to see a guild members stats like last long on date and time, messages sent, etc...

Having read the list of things to come, I started thinking whether someone forced Eric to make this post, because I can not believe someone would post such a tiny list of minor things for a greater version step whereas the list of rightful requirements (Nightmare mode, new warzone, balance issues) is huge.

Seriously, a new gunship and 2 bomber variants? How long does it take to add these? A day?

While for 2.5 Starfighter was a valid excuse for not looking deeper into class changes, but with the current plans for 2.6, I think Bioware stepped over a certain line. Before patch 2.5, they had created threads for each advanced class to ask players what class changes they would find necessary. Now it became clear that not only did they not care about the class threads in general, but by not giving a **** about the thread they had created for a specific purpose, they spit in the eyes of all the players who had spent a lot of time to basicly do Bioware's homework and come up with great ideas how to fix certain issues without affecting other classes.

I truely hoped patch 2.6 would finally bring temporary balance to the game and players would not feel underpowered either in PVE or PVP, but it seems it was in vain. I thought I would be here until the servers go down, but the great fun factor of this game can no longer surpass the developers's attitude.

Bombers are a whole new ship class, which was removed because of balance problems which were hopefully fixed.

All class changes, no matter how much community wants them, or no matter how rational they may seem, have to be examined and balanced carefully against a whole lot more data than players have at their disposal.

Also, learn to read text outside the bullet point lists. All the points Eric wrote are just "some of the things", as he mentions several times.

In other words, this post is exactly the reason why requests for roadmaps and stuff like that are unreasonable, as people will always complain.

I don't really have much faith in BW anymore, but to be fair, this isn't a patch note, its just a preview of things to come. This is the kind of things BW should be doing. They need to be more open with the community and share more info like this more often.

Bombers are a whole new ship class, which was removed because of balance problems which were hopefully fixed.

All class changes, no matter how much community wants them, or no matter how rational they may seem, have to be examined and balanced carefully against a whole lot more data than players have at their disposal.

And how long do you think examining a certain class change rightfully should take? A month? 6 months? A year?

Also, learn to read text outside the bullet point lists. All the points Eric wrote are just "some of the things", as he mentions several times.

When you create a list of things to come, you probably start with the most sigfinicant changes/additions. Do you really expect patch 2.6 contain anything of equal or more value than this first list?

In other words, this post is exactly the reason why requests for roadmaps and stuff like that are unreasonable, as people will always complain.

Roadmap only make sense if you can live up to it.

Edited by varietasplus

And how long do you think examining a certain class change rightfully should take? A month? 6 months? A year?

When you create a list of things to come, you probably start with the most sigfinicant changes/additions. Do you really expect patch 2.6 contain anything of equal or more value than this first list?

Roadmap only make sense if you can live up to it.

Are you suggesting that fixing the bombers has taken a year? I think, I'm PRETTY SURE, GSF has only been out for like three weeks.

Also you shouldnt make assumptions about nothing of greater significance being added to this update either. The HB map isn't mention in the previous post, but when GSF was announced a new FP and HB map were mentioned to be coming with the full GSF release. And, there is class balance happening as well. So, class balance, an fp, HB map, and more GSF stuff in a few weeks time is too little in too long of a period?

ya, you trollin, bro 0/10

Are you suggesting that fixing the bombers has taken a year? I think, I'm PRETTY SURE, GSF has only been out for like three weeks.

Also you shouldnt make assumptions about nothing of greater significance being added to this update either. The HB map isn't mention in the previous post, but when GSF was announced a new FP and HB map were mentioned to be coming with the full GSF release. And, there is class balance happening as well. So, class balance, an fp, HB map, and more GSF stuff in a few weeks time is too little in too long of a period?

ya, you trollin, bro 0/10

2.6 is the GSF patch. It was announced.

THAT BEING SAID.

The class balance issues were there since 2.0 launch = 9 months.

Every small balance change they made, it made it worse. WORSE.

You don't get to be pissy to people who raise valid points. You get to listen to them with respect, and then reply with decorum.

GSF is a new feature, but nothing justifies a .x patch being this light. The worst one before this was 1.5.

2.6 is the GSF patch. It was announced.

THAT BEING SAID.

The class balance issues were there since 2.0 launch = 9 months.

Every small balance change they made, it made it worse. WORSE.

You don't get to be pissy to people who raise valid points. You get to listen to them with respect, and then reply with decorum.

GSF is a new feature, but nothing justifies a .x patch being this light. The worst one before this was 1.5.

Manweth, when rep season comes, I hope to *********** god you are class rep. They deserve every bit of **** you will give them.

And Bioware's metrics, are ****. All of their class balance metrics, are ****. They most likely have a script to run the so called 100 percent optimal rotation complete with perfect rng, which is flawed. Plus, with decent metrics, they would have predicted the hybrid spec sniper and slinger, which they didn't.

The only valuable recorded metrics, are the PVE dps leaderboards world wide and the respective server leaderboards, and the PVP ranked boards, since regs are, frankly, the story mode ops of the PVP world. The metrics are near irrelevant, even if they existed in abundance.

Edited by lordbadtamaru

I could not agree more, we NEED more control of how we run our guilds.

1. Guild Ships with rooms for meetings and areas where we can launch our ships, enter into space and ground flashpoints / ops / WZ's etc. I wont hold out for guild apartments we can decorate.

2. A guild recruiter on the fleet and starter worlds. the recruiter will allow you to search for a guild, read a guild description (2 big pages at least). Apply to guild will send the guild leader and officers a in game email with the guild application that guild leaders can customize. and if they meet the requirements of the guild an accept button to have prospective guild member join EVEN if they are not online.

3. Guild mail to all in the guild by the guild leader and officers.

4. On our character selection screen when you log on have to the left of the screen a guild calendar where guild leaders an officers can add events and everyone can interact with the guild. It would be nice to see who is logged in the guild when selecting our character to log into play with.

5. Be able to see a guild members stats like last long on date and time, messages sent, etc...

Guild tools could def use some attention. Some of these ideas are seem more difficult to implement than others, but here's one that is long overdue and seems like a simple mod:

THE ABILITY TO RIGHT-CLICK WHISPER GUILD MEMBERS IN THE GUILD WINDOW.

Can we have this please?

Manweth, when rep season comes, I hope to *********** god you are class rep. They deserve every bit of **** you will give them.

And Bioware's metrics, are ****. All of their class balance metrics, are ****. They most likely have a script to run the so called 100 percent optimal rotation complete with perfect rng, which is flawed. Plus, with decent metrics, they would have predicted the hybrid spec sniper and slinger, which they didn't.

The only valuable recorded metrics, are the PVE dps leaderboards world wide and the respective server leaderboards, and the PVP ranked boards, since regs are, frankly, the story mode ops of the PVP world. The metrics are near irrelevant, even if they existed in abundance.

You are obviously missing the fact that every single thing anyone does in the game is logged by BioWare somewhere. These logs are what BioWare calls metrics, and they can show pretty much anything they want, as they are a complete log of all things happening.

You are obviously missing the fact that every single thing anyone does in the game is logged by BioWare somewhere. These logs are what BioWare calls metrics, and they can show pretty much anything they want, as they are a complete log of all things happening.

Yes they probably have a log of all that, but those few poor souls cannot dig through some near 1 milion's worth of player's combat, chat, boss pull, and all that jazz's logs to assemble metrics. Its not that easy. And I doubt they are doing it, because they have people like falver, KBN, dipstik, and other theorycrafters to cobble the evidence together via leaderboards, and in the case of KBN and Dipstik, doing all the heavy lifting on the math.

Edited by lordbadtamaru

Yes they probably have a log of all that, but those few poor souls cannot dig through some near 1 milion's worth of player's combat, chat, boss pull, and all that jazz's logs to assemble metrics. Its not that easy. And I doubt they are doing it, because they have people like falver, KBN, dipstik, and other theorycrafters to cobble the evidence together via leaderboards, and in the case of KBN and Dipstik, doing all the heavy lifting on the math.

Actually, if it is saved in some sensible data format, it is a question of writing a query that will filter out what they want to.

I keep telling you people that SWTOR is all about profit for EA. Always has been always will be. If there is some ruse they can facilitate, some announcement they can make, some change they can roll out that makes them more profit, you bet your *** their going to do it.

Nobody ever wants to listen though.

Edited by Bugattiboy

Dear players

Please stop to complain about these patch notes. All what you can is crying arround the whole day.

Thanks Bioware, that you buffed the commando, it was really urgent :) . Maybee it will be more played soon.

Dps scoundrel/operative needs to be buffed ? - Sure, it was too weak for arena fights.

thats my point of view, kind regards

Nacktebatz

Edited by Nacktebatz

I keep telling you people that SWTOR is all about profit for EA. Always has been always will be. If there is some ruse they can facilitate, some announcement they can make, some change they can roll out that makes them more profit, you bet your *** their going to do it.

Nobody ever wants to listen though.

This just in, gaming companies and world businesses in general want to make a profit off their product.

Coming up next: Selling Price is always greater than Cost Price. Want to find out why? Stay tuned in.

If there is a change that can net them a profit, it means the general gaming public likes it. Give me one good reason not to make that change (Pay2Win changes aside obviously).

Edited by EzioMessi

First off, Happy New Year everyone! I am back in the office now from the holidays so we are right back to some yellow posts :)

Game Update 2.6 first and foremost will mark the launch of Galactic Starfighter! That will mean the introduction of:

• A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!

Also, Game Update 2.6 will come with a few class changes, here is just an overview of some of what you will see:

• Mercenaries/Commandos will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Tracer Missile/Grav Round and Power Shot/Charged Bolts.
  • Sorcerers/Sages will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Lightning Strike and Force Lightning/Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now cast Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe on more than one target at a time.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now use Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot on themselves while Combat Support Cylinder/Combat Support Cell are active.

As always, look for the 2.6 patch notes for a full list of all changes that are coming! That is just a preview of what is to come.

-eric

I'm going to name my first born child, Musco.

This kind of statistical data is only as good as the person interpreting it. Just saying.

• A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!

-eric

no sniper boost ?

u give ops/scounds,BH boost but not the worst pvp class in the game ?

lol...

to the others before trying to act cool like saying l2p class etc etc i do not play a sniper but i find them the worst class for pvp they are a rotation kill at best lol...

no sniper boost ?

lol...

to the others before trying to act cool like saying l2p class etc etc i do not play a sniper but i find them the worst class for pvp they are a rotation kill at best lol...

no sniper boost ?

lol...

Giving buffs to snipers would be like giving buffs to Op Heals, or Focus Sents. The QQ would never end

e.g. imagine this situation:

Noob: "Focus sents only do about 90% of the damage of the other 2 sent specs in bossfights! NEEDS MOAR BUFFS!"

BW: "Yes, that sounds like a good idea. We are now buffing the surge talent from 5/10/15 to 10/20/30%, and causing Heightened Power to give +5/10/15% damage from +3/6/9%

Oh and Zephryan Slash is having its effect doubled"

And while buffs like that might make focus sents work in Ops quite nicely... If everything goes your way Its 4GCDs to murder anything in arenas. 4. As in about 6 seconds (Zealous Leap in after using zen, Sweep, Master Strike, Blade Storm, if crits go your way thats well over 30k damage) - and if thats not enough you then Force Exhaustion them and spam slash till they die, then repeat it on someone else (Minus starting with Zen cause you already got your singularities)

Edited by TACeMossie

Guild tools could def use some attention. Some of these ideas are seem more difficult to implement than others, but here's one that is long overdue and seems like a simple mod:

THE ABILITY TO RIGHT-CLICK WHISPER GUILD MEMBERS IN THE GUILD WINDOW.

Can we have this please?

Yes some may take a bit more time to implement that others but they still are needed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.