What are players expectations for when the next balance patch will be?

KillaDeuce

The Question is not when, it is what they gonna do something.

After two Years it should be clear how Bioware focuses the Classes for PvE, all PvP Players are supposed to use whatever usefull builds they can figure out of these PvE Specs.

So, no matter what will come, it will be something to make PvE "better", and probably will have no or a negative effect on PvP. :)

Don't expect much. You'll always be disappointed. For example

Vigilance Guardians:"We are finally getting some small buffs after years of neglect by Bioware!"

Other jealous no-life trolls: "OMG new FOTM is Vigilance Guardian!"

Other jealous no-life trolls: "They are gonna rape us all."

Other jealous no-life trolls: "They are so OP!. I should delete my smash monkeys and lvl my vigilance guardian toons to lvl 55!"

after 2.5.........

Bioware: "You have to sacrifice 2 additional talents points to get this small buff called Debilitate which roots your target while you are channeling your master strike"

Vigilance Guardians: "Go fu*k yourselves Bioware!"

Other jealous no-life trolls:.......................................................(silence)

I spit on you all

My guess is

1. they will buff marauders.

2. they will try to nerf op healers, but [in]advertently nerf the dps while the heal spec will pretty much remain the same.

3. ignore the sorc (because they can heal to full).

4. increase the juggs defense (since juggs are not in a bad place now ...).

5. realize that shadow dps are still underperforming so bring back the shadow strike buff as well as buff clairvoyant strike and project (instead of giving a tiny bit of sustained damage in their abilities).

6. increase the cast time for grav round.

7. decrease the CD on the sniper roll.

My guess is

1. they will buff marauders.

2. they will try to nerf op healers, but [in]advertently nerf the dps while the heal spec will pretty much remain the same.

3. ignore the sorc (because they can heal to full).

4. increase the juggs defense (since juggs are not in a bad place now ...).

5. realize that shadow dps are still underperforming so bring back the shadow strike buff as well as buff clairvoyant strike and project (instead of giving a tiny bit of sustained damage in their abilities).

6. increase the cast time for grav round.

7. decrease the CD on the sniper roll.

You made me sad. :<

I'm way past the point where I expect them (him?) to tweak anything of importance but a few QoL changes to sorc/sage would have been really nice. Hell, simply moving around some of the existing abilties in the trees would help.

So, what I would like to see:

*Egress and Effusion as baseline abilties or in the bottom row of one of the trees.

*No cast time on WW

*Electrocute range back. It used to be somewhat of an art to stop leaps and/or fool people into breaking the stun just to WW them right after, now we have to wait for the leap to happen or run toward the enemies we know will become a threat. Sorc/sage is not a class that can wait for the hit to have happened, we need to react way faster than that but our abilties prevent us from doing anything useful in time.

Bonuses would be:

*Higher crit and proc chances

*Barrier on significally shorter CD AND duration.

*The KB cone is due to latency far from perfect but I can live with that. I just dont get why they increased the range in which a target can be affected at the same time as they nerfed the range on electrocute. It makes no sense. If anything they should have increased the KB distance instead so that we can actually push people out of leap range. We need a proper jugg push.

*Armor rating returned to the old value. If it was a matter of nerfing sins they could have simply changed their stances and tree abilties instead.

*Proper force management in all trees, this would however be fixed by, as mentioned above, moving effusion to the bottom of a tree and have it trigger by heal abilties too. If that's not an option they need to increase the returns on already existing abilties in the madness tree and from consumption.

Edit: I forgot an important one; WW dot immunity. Not only is it tricky to cast WW without being interrupted or knocked back but in the event that you would get it off you have to make sure that your own dots won't break it and some dots have really long durations. Cutting dot duration in half while maintaining the overall damage would have been really nice too.

Edited by MidichIorian

Change how guard/tanks work in pvp.

Increase base damage reduction.

Remove or greatly discourage hybrid specs.

Decrease burst damage/healing via crits.

Increase non crit damage/healing.

Increase casted healing and damage output.

Decrease non-casted healing and damage output.

School lockouts on interrupts.

Remove pushback.

Reduce cast times over 1.5 seconds.

Slightly increase difficulty for healing scoundrels rotation and energy management.

Slightly decrease difficulty for healing sage and commando energy management.

Increase dps scoundrel survivability.

Rebalance kiting and gap closer abilities.

Rebalance defensive abilities cooldown timers.

Lower cooldown on mez CCs, but make them preventable with cast times or similar mechanics.

Make non interruptable stuns cleansable.

Turn carbonize into a single target castable mez.

Decrease AoE damage output.

Remove RNG percentages from abilities like resilience and stats like defense and replace with reasonable reduction percentages.

Remove medpacks, adrenals, grenades and stims from arena.

Introduce 3v3 and 2v2.

Limit arena comps to one healer.

Give concealment operatives something ...

Like, anything? Evasive imperative? Or...just allow acid blade to be a baseline stance that applied a DOT on ALL knife attacks. That'd do it. Decrease the DOT amount, but make it hit on ALL knife attacks. So we could keep the dot running throughout our attack rotation...

I'm way past the point where I expect them (him?) to tweak anything of importance but a few QoL changes to sorc/sage would have been really nice. Hell, simply moving around some of the existing abilties in the trees would help.

So, what I would like to see:

*Egress and Effusion as baseline abilties or in the bottom row of one of the trees.

*No cast time on WW

*Electrocute range back. It used to be somewhat of an art to stop leaps and/or fool people into breaking the stun just to WW them right after, now we have to wait for the leap to happen or run toward the enemies we know will become a threat. Sorc/sage is not a class that can wait for the hit to have happened, we need to react way faster than that but our abilties prevent us from doing anything useful in time.

Bonuses would be:

*Higher crit and proc chances

*Barrier on significally shorter CD AND duration.

*The KB cone is due to latency far from perfect but I can live with that. I just dont get why they increased the range in which a target can be affected at the same time as they nerfed the range on electrocute. It makes no sense. If anything they should have increased the KB distance instead so that we can actually push people out of leap range. We need a proper jugg push.

*Armor rating returned to the old value. If it was a matter of nerfing sins they could have simply changed their stances and tree abilties instead.

*Proper force management in all trees, this would however be fixed by, as mentioned above, moving effusion to the bottom of a tree and have it trigger by heal abilties too. If that's not an option they need to increase the returns on already existing abilties in the madness tree and from consumption.

If only 1-3 of these suggestions would happen i'd be a happy Sith.

1. Leave the rage tree as it is.

2. Insult Sorcs in the release notes because after 2 years and 3 nerfs they have not l2p yet.

3. Nerf operative/ scoundrel dps.

4. No touch or any comment for merc/ mando.

5. Increase the armor of guardian tank.

6. Use of PvE relics in WZs is buggy.

7. Removing and adding crystals in the WZ gives 50 max dmg.

Edited by Aetideus