40,000 credits??!!

LawAngel

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In posts, it seems like no one as sympathy for the sticker shock at level 25, when it's time to train for a vehicle.

"They warn you at level 20 to save money"

-- Yeah, and I saved 20,000 credits, 10x more than any other training had been, and more than twice the most expensive items I saw at that level ~8,000cr). I kind of expected training to be cheaper than vehicles, and I bought the expensive game bundle because it came with a vehicle, specifically to avoid this crap. Apparently real money is worth less than "credits."

"Money is easy to come by"

-- Are you guys crafting? To make stuff that I can use involves an insane amount of crafting (the number of rare materials is a whole other rant). The fact that everyone seems to not be spending money, possibly to save for vehicle training) may help explain why I can't sell the blues and purples that I'm crafting.

"You could have selected show-all-skills with your trainer to see the price"

-- Really? I should have assumed that my _Jedi_ trainer would be teaching me to drive a car? Silly me, I tried talking to vehicle sales guys and people around them, and saw no indication. I ended up guessing that there was a special area or mission that was available around vehicles.

"Your experience with other games should have prepped you"

-- I've played 5 MMO's and 4 of them didn't have whiles in beta or launch, and I stopped playing before they did (close to 2years with DAoC), the other wasn't good enough to play to level 35 (or wherever you had to get for mounts). Not everyone should have to have their expectations set before purchase through years of WoW play. :-P

"Vehicles are optional"

-- Point taken.

Why on earth would you revive an old thread like this?

I too balked at the price for mount training. But you really do make that fairly quickly as long as you stay away from buying at the AH, cutting down on the speeder trips, etc..

You can always go outside of Anchorhead and mug a Jawa...

I love how things are costing alot especially repairs. PLEASE DONT CHANGE ANYTHING BIOWARE. Ive always hated how everything costs next to nothing in WOW. This is different and there are costs to everything you do.

Always? You must be new to WoW. My first mount took me FOREVER to save up for in classic, the speeder costs copper in comparison.

Everyone who has some clue agrees the mount price is of no issue.

The issue here is that this thread is a month old and was necrod.

Everyone always whines that no one uses the search function before posting a new topic. Well here's what that gets. :-)

That's a @$@#%^!@ outrage!

1. The amount is simply ridiculous and way too high.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

lotta good that does the rest of us now.

Do a few quests and kill some mobs / sell all the junk they drop and you'll have enough.

if you were on my server id buy it for you :p

ive already paid for 5 noobs first bikes..

wait till you get 40...

speeder rank 2 is 210K

speeder rank 3 is over 400K

and that is for skill only

the speeder 3 mounts range from 100k to 1.5 million for the car size ones.

save up for speeder 2 as most level 50 raids and such everyone has speeder 2's and you'll be whining how you can't keep up with them with your level 25 speeder.

rank 1 skill 40K = level 25

rank 2 skill 210K = level 40

rank 3 skill 400K+ i think 450 i sure not buying it anytime soon = lvl 50

plus the mounts themself are seperate prices ranging from 8k for level 25 mounts all the way to 1.5 million for elaborate speeder 3 mounts.

also do maelstrom a mount drops it in free.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

i have always been ultra poor in every mmo i played, always wasting my money in market and random crap, yet i had no issue paying my training, even rank 2 and rank 3 riding.

not sure why you are so upset, 40k credit is about 2 hour of questing at lvl 25. i sure wish i could buy a real life car with 2 hour of work.

PS rank 2 is 210k and rank 3 is 330k

I didn't read the whole thread but if the OP is freaking out about 40k I suspect he/she will have a coronary when the 210k training comes along.

Correction: 245k (210k for training, 35k for bike). Even so, at level 40, that's not out of anyone's ability to make or have already (assuming that you didn't spend too much money on crafting).

Edited by RagnarokJC

1) From 700 credits I was able , at level 23, to get to 40,000 in about 6 hours. So, define "way too high". I personally think that cars that cost $8,000 to manufacture that sell for $35,000 are way too high but no one listens to me either.

The 40,000 is a way to teach you to stop blowing your money, which you'll need to stop doing soon due to repair and training costs. And ha, wait until you hit 50 and have to train speeder level 3.

2) They give you a tutorial warning.

Lol, wait till you start raiding nightmare modes and you wipe 5 or 6 or 10 times in a night - Your repair bills can exceed 120,000 credits alone.

Credits come so easily in this game it's silly, yet there are a lot of big credit sinks so it really evens itself out. If you can't afford the 40k just ask a guildie to help you out. You'll make that 40k back pretty quickly so it'll be a non-issue.

Any level 50 who doesn't have 300k+ on hand is either incredibly lazy or well just incredibly bad. So I'm sure there's lot of people who can help. Heck just got a few people who are near your level to lend you like 5-8k, problem solved.

If you don't have an actual crafting profession that you are leveling as you level, it's really easy; I had enough on my Sage to get it twice over. On my characters that are actually crafting as they level...between character abilities, profession training and the cost of missions for mats, such as Underworld Trading, I am perpetually broke. My bounty hunter is almost to level 23, I have less than 5k credits and am still below 100 Underworld Trading. That and epic length mission and crafting timers are taking a serious toll on the fun.

So apparently, they've taken the crafting is for endgame approach. Which sucks. Crafting while leveling should not gimp you.

eh.....Im lvl 13 and have almost 20k....Do u gift creditS?