Appearance/Costume Tab NOW!

TheOuroborus

Once Bioware realize that their current system is inhibiting CM revenues because changing appearance is too cumbersome, they will institute change to the appearance system. No clue if it will be an appearance tab or maybe just changes to the mod system, but they will make a change.

The demand for new armor set had to be decreasing (AND BEFORE ANYONE ASKS FOR EVIDENCE) this is based only on my intuition and common sense. As someone mentioned earlier, in order to spend 1+ million credits in changing your appearance, the new outfit really needs to be something special.

It is not my intention to boast but I think I am pretty good at seeing trends - probably the fact that I am an average person with average tastes and feelings - and I am lately turning away from the CM armors (weapons are pretty different, getting a new weapon once in a while is not so much of an issue compared to a complete set of armor) due to the cost of swapping mods every time a cool armor is available.

That means that I don't spend my money anymore on armors and I am convinced that I am not alone in this boat. There is no doubt that their sales would increase if we were able to wear different outfits without spending over 1 million credits to swap mods and augment a new set. It won't take long before they realize that they are losing sales for this reason.

Edited by demotivator

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One million to do what exactly?

Changing an outfit costs nothing but inventory space. Setting up augment slots, armoring, mods, enhancements, augments and dyes for one outfit costs a lot more than a million. Even on the grade 28 - 31 artifact (basic commendation) grade stuff level that I mostly use. One outfit being chest, gloves, belt, legs, feet, bracers - I don't care about the head slot. The augment slots and augments alone (which you cannot possibly move once installed) are about two million.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

I can understand that the devs don't want the players to change their characters' appearance every other minute, .

I don't understand, why would they even care? Actually, just the opposite, shouldn't they be encouraging us to change outfits as much as possible to increase CM sales?

It's these situations that show that BW's left hand has no idea what it's right is doing. There appears to be several teams working on this game that don't talk to each other. I doubt the CM team even talks to the dev team except to make sure the tiered gear is worse-looking than the CM stuff....

It's like the Gree event, which was clearly designed to have Legacy as a major theme (all of the rewards are bound to legacy, reputation grinds, etc), but with the complete inability to share the currency inside of your own legacy....2-teams not coordinating: The first's goal to make sure Legacy is involved, the second's who just care about slowing down the grind; neither talk to each other and the event turns out with self-contradictory themes.

It sums up how this game is patched together.

I don't understand, why would they even care? Actually, just the opposite, shouldn't they be encouraging us to change outfits as much as possible to increase CM sales?

Agreed. Why would they care? Like I assume you are, I am adamantly certain they don't care what players do as long as they ("the devs') have a job.

Costume change slots would be handy for us, and the morons that run this game could make money, selling extra slots so you can pack more than one or two outfits...not to mention we might be encouraged to buy more clothes if we didn't have to break ourselves to fix them up for use with augments and mods.

They should head over to LOTR and see how to implement some useful quality of life things, and maybe learn a thing or two, maker knows the people running this are as inspired as wet spaghetti. While over they ought to check out their 'winter holiday' events also.

Edited by Lunafox

Yeah mods in character slots instead of gear slots would have been to prefer, one for PvE and one for PvP. And they could have sold extra character sheets though CM for when people want to play another spec (heals/tanks). With the latter we wouldnt be forced to carry around 2-3 sets of gear. Edited by MidichIorian

Mentioned this before, long time ago, LOTRO has multiple costume tabs. You wear your gear which gives you your stats etc..., the tabs are simply cosmetic. Why on the CM can I buy an artic set, Sand People set etc... Do they really expect people to buy all mods, for each piece then switch each set when visiting the respective planet.

EAware would make more money on CM sets if they allowed us to have multiple costume tabs. Hell they can even charge for the tabs as in LOTRO. (2 free for subs)

Costumes tabs are purely cosmetic and can be switched on the fly, on Hoth, switch to your thermals, In the cantina, switch to your chillax gear, and so on so forth.

I suggested this literally 2 weeks after release, when I returned two weeks ago I was hoping they had implemented something as such, but nope...

So don't expect to ever see anything as intuitive as this, for RP purposes it would be an awesome addition. For Money spinning purposes, equally as good.

Edited by Mortelus

Who says? I dunno. Who says? At the moment, no one says. And even if it's restricted to moddable armor, there are plenty of moddable armors that looks like CM armors (e.g., the Hooligan stuff looks very similar to the Clandestine Officer stuff). So yeah, you can clamp down on what you can equip cosmetically. You could make it so you could only equip CM items in the cosmetic slots. But then we're no longer talking about a full--featured cosmetic armor system.

You will always have people that want to play totally free and never pay a dime. However, you will also have people that want to have all paid for costumes. Regardless, if current costumes on the CM were being effected by the assortment of other vendor adaptive gear then they would have done something about it.

The A-Tab would probably mean a lot more better designed/detailed gear than currently found in game to help push the sales of A-Tabs and cosmetic gear.

Edited by Mortelus

Its easy to do, they are already doing it for companions. give us 2-3 windows to either use the gear with mods or us it to 'cover up' the outfit we have on. You(BW/EA) can still charge us for the new items, god knows you need the money.

How about giving your player base some functions that most games have had for years?

Been gone well over a year now. Popped back in (even subbed) and can't believe how nothing has changed. This game is soooo bad.

Still no appearance tab?! Seriously?!

And don't even get me started on the SSP! Terrible!

This game was made purely to suck up as much money as possible using the IP.

Just crap crap crap. Such a shame...

Personally, I cannot take a suggestion seriously when:

a) it's not in the Suggestion Box;

b) it's filled with rudeness, shouting and exclamation marks.

I wonder if BW are similarly put off?

I personally like the idea of a costume tab where any armor piece that one finds can be used to "skin" a piece being worn. But as you alluded to (and as history suggests, especially after the server debacle at launch where they prostrated themselves for the vocal mob), dev will look the other way the moment they detect nerd rage agenda in the presentation. Edited by GalacticKegger

^ The suggestion forum is up there. ^

the way the OP wrote his post it is more of a demand, not a suggestion :)

Plus some of us are trying to get BW to understand that the appearance tab is more than just some random idea one person wants implemented, it is a feature many of us want and can be financially viable.

Edited by illgot

OK, keep dreaming if it helps you cope. Would it be nice? Sure.

But it's never going to happen. Ever.

Can you give us a source for your claim? Or is that just your own opinion.

You obviously have no idea what the OP is talking about with an appearance tab.

the way the OP wrote his post it is more of a demand, not a suggestion :)

Plus some of us are trying to get BW to understand that the appearance tab is more than just some random idea one person wants implemented, it is a feature many of us want and can be financially viable.

And that still belongs in the suggestion forum.

Now!

NOW!

NOW!

NOW!

NAOWWWW!!!!!!!!

You sound like a little kid. Shhhhh. You want LotRO? Go play LotRO. You want WoW? Go play WoW.

You want an appearance tab in SWtoR? Make a thread in the suggestions forum. But try to do it in a respectful way, a convincing way, not in a bratty little entitled child way.

It is a respectful way since the ppl asking for an a-tab from pre-beta days

I would like an appearance tab, but I think the more likely and simpler solution to Bioware is to lower the cost of removing mods, armoring, augments etc, on CM armor and weapons only, so that people are given an incentive to change their armor and weapons more often with another CM armor or weapon because it cost much less to change the way you look. I find it doubtful that Bioware gives a damn about how many credits we are spending. They only care about how much CC were using in order to generate sales.

The way the system is right now, I feel its cost inhibitive to change my look toward end game, so I only stick to one look the entire game. I have around 5500 CC and yet I've felt no incentive to make the CM armors and weapons I have an account wide because I don't feel like spending more than a million credits everytime I want to change my look.

Edited by Nickious

This is one of a dozen or more convenience features that should already be in the game. SWG had this 10 years ago.

This just goes to show how EA is more focused on selling gambling packs to children than they are actually retaining or growing their subscriber base. Quality of Life and convenience features need to be prioritized and scheduled but I'm sure we'll see a dozen more gambling packs before we see something like this.

In the mean time we get to watch all of the little trolls argue over it's merit and each other's grammar. Great job everyone :/