Make Light Side Jaesa Willsaam Romance-able

Spoonuser

I'm leveling up my Marauder and I'm going LS. I'm enjoying it very much but not being able to romance the only same race female I will have as companion disappoints me a lot. Vette is kind of cool but I prefer a human woman to romance.

So, for the 2nd time in this thread: /signed

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just updating here in case it hasn't been mentioned, that with Kira Carsen, the Jedi Knight exact counterpart to Jaesa Willsaam, she had all these same bugs but has already been patched according to the patch notes. I'm guessing Bioware was unaware that Jaesa indeed has all the same problems that Kira Carsen had.

1. Not romance-able for light side.

2. Not properly giving affection either positive or negative. Even on the odd occasion when she is not with me (I have Quinn) it will show both Quinn and Jaesa giving affection but her's doesn't "stick". The only points I've gotten for her that stuck were buying her gifts.

3. Light side but still only spouting dark side commentary in battle.

These were ALL problems that players have had with Kira Carsen but that have supposedly been patched and fixed.

Its not a bug.

She says that is because she is trying to have a 'front/facade' that she is an evil bloodthirsty sith. Not really a spoiler, but in the first convo you have with her (at 1000 or 2000 affection, I forget which) you can tell her that is OK to talk "as long as you keep your voice down" or something like that because she wants to talk about 'reforming the sith'.

She just trys to look like she is evil.

Thanks for the info. I'm nowhere near that affection so I wouldn't know yet.

Thank you :) I'm gonna try that when I get to that point.

To be 100% clear, light Side Jaesa romance is...

simply means to an end, you do end up sleeping with her and having a baby but without emotion. (If I remember correctly it’s to continue your legacy and to spread the light side into the Sith order *something along those lines*) Either way it leaves a bit of a cliffhanger in the SW story.

Am I the only one playing the dark side here for purposes playing on the dark side? While I understand the pretense of a light side Jaesa when you work up the light side - but your playing as Sith - if you want light side role a Jedi.

I play situationally. I'm currently LS1 but I have around 1500 DS points. You can still play as evil by Jedi standards and still be LS. There's a difference between being evil and being a twisted sadist lol

To be 100% clear, light Side Jaesa romance is...

simply means to an end, you do end up sleeping with her and having a baby but without emotion. (If I remember correctly it’s to continue your legacy and to spread the light side into the Sith order *something along those lines*) Either way it leaves a bit of a cliffhanger in the SW story.

That doesn't seem too bad I guess since with coming expansions, we can have an extended story for our companions including her. However I'm wondering if that does count as a romance though even if it is max affection.

Because in some ways Light side sith is more evil? ^^

Sadly, I had wandered into the vette romance without knowing it, even though I stopped before they had "the talk", and so did not get the option to sleep with Jaesa, and get the "finale" of the story nor the three way talk, only an idle talk about kids, sigh... :(

And, considering how she talk to you throughout the light side Jaesa story, it only makes sense for there to be a romance option, i mean, it builds up to it like hell. I am really hoping they decide to implement it and have personally stopped all interaction with vette before I get the romance with her to the point of no return, but still feel a bit cheated, whereas a simple "no emotions" talk at the start would have made it clear right away and so avoided creating expectations to the story.

Lightside she is kind of romanceable at about 9K.

She asks you if you want to have baby with her, you say yes the deed is done.

Mmm, that's not entirely true.

In the last cutscene she says that she will do everything in her capability to "impart her gifts on your (the Sith Warrior's) offspring". While this may be interpreted as her wanting to have a kid with the character, the Warrior's answer is ambiguous at best as he replies that he encourages Jaesa to marry and have children in order for her gift of clarity to be passed down. After that, the warrior promises that he will train Jaesa's children "as if they were his own family". This doesn't mean it will be their offspring per se.

So not much of a romance there, I thnk you're looking in too deeply. I read on torhead.com that this conversation has a possible answer of "We should have a child.", but when I got to the cutscene, there wasn't any option like that. And my character wasn't hitched or in any serious relationship with Vette at the time.

Edited by Pumidlo

Because in some ways Light side sith is more evil? ^^

Sadly, I had wandered into the vette romance without knowing it, even though I stopped before they had "the talk", and so did not get the option to sleep with Jaesa, and get the "finale" of the story nor the three way talk, only an idle talk about kids, sigh... :(

And, considering how she talk to you throughout the light side Jaesa story, it only makes sense for there to be a romance option, i mean, it builds up to it like hell. I am really hoping they decide to implement it and have personally stopped all interaction with vette before I get the romance with her to the point of no return, but still feel a bit cheated, whereas a simple "no emotions" talk at the start would have made it clear right away and so avoided creating expectations to the story.

No kidding, look at some of the first LS options for a SW. DS for the second guy in the prison? He wants to die, and by being evil, he gets his wish. By going LS and sparing him, your SW tells the jailer that by allowing the man to live, he will continue to spiral into further humiliation and shame.

Lights Side Jaesa is a Jedi that follows Jedi Code strictly , its logical she isnt romancable and tbh it would ruin her story.

We dont need BioWare catering to people whining over something small to please them...

This isn't really true. When she first joins you, she considers herself a Jedi. But as time goes on, she realizes that the Jedi code is flawed. This is why one of her first comments is "If I can step out of character and speak as a Jedi" and one of her last comments is that she's hoping that you will have children, and that she is willing to have children, something that she wouldn't do if she was still thinking of herself as a Jedi.

You choose to make Jaesa LS or DS, and her personality is fundamentally affected by that change. As a Light Sided Sith she has an agenda, a belief system, and is not attracted to you.

If you're not married to Vette, she says she'd be honored to have children with you. So the idea that she's not attracted to the warrior is just as flawed as thinking she's still a Jedi.

Edited by Xargyn