Breasts, Butts, Big Hair and Lightsabres?

Samaul

Its a GAME. **** with the lorehead. You can enforce your RP guild. don't deign to enforce the rest of us.

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, even if they wear stripper outfits.

So **** and take a pill. People like you are the reasons why wars start in real life, cause they have pretentious and control freakish attitudes about matters that don't involve them.

Please spare me your empty lecture and phony self-righteous indignation. The Jedi take an oath to set aside such selfish desires including a measure of their personal freedom. We are playing Star Wars The Old Republic, not some trashy adult MMO. I want to go to a Galaxy far, far away, not to a breastaurant at the mall. I play SWTOR to escape from the corruption, sleaze and grime of our corrupt culture, not to wallow in it. My main characters are a Jedi Consular and a Jedi Knight not a Las Vegas showgirl and a Chippendale.

If an adult MMO is what you are looking for, there is a list of the top 5 on mmorpg.com with reviews.

Edited by Samaul

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If an adult MMO is what you are looking for, there is a list of the top 5 on mmorpg.com with reviews.

Perhaps you would need to find top 5 games where sleaze is not part of the game. On the other hand, fear not, Disney will save you, you will get Mickey with a light saber as your next companion with very conservative dress code.

My point is that this is a game where you will get not what you like but what sells.

Perhaps you would need to find top 5 games where sleaze is not part of the game. On the other hand, fear not, Disney will save you, you will get Mickey with a light saber as your next companion with very conservative dress code.

My point is that this is a game where you will get not what you like but what sells.

That game is not star wars. Your argument does not hold water. It leaks like a sieve. Its the Jedi dress code, it has nothing to do with disney or conservative politics. Stop projecting your personal prejudices and bias on the game. The game is what it is, accept it or find another that mirrors our culture.

Let's just dispense with Breasts, Butts, Big hair and Jedi carrying lightsabres being compatible with one another. To dress in sexually suggestive clothing and openly engage in sexual relationships would be contrary to everything a Jedi stood for and would likely cause them to be severely disciplined or exiled from the order.

IMNSHO, as I have stated before, this should be taken up with the players on your server/taken to your server's forum, as the only people's gameplay that you should be able to dictate/restrict is fellow RP'ers.

That game is not star wars. Your argument does not hold water. It leaks like a sieve. Its the Jedi dress code, it has nothing to do with disney or conservative politics. Stop projecting your personal prejudices and bias on the game. The game is what it is, accept it or find another that mirrors our culture.

Hold on a second, it is you who is talking about what this game is not. Every time I login I see the sleaze and I like it, it is you who should find a game that is not SWTOR.

Please spare me your empty lecture and phony self-righteous indignation. The Jedi take an oath to set aside such selfish desires including a measure of their personal freedom. We are playing Star Wars The Old Republic, not some trashy adult MMO. I want to go to a Galaxy far, far away, not to a breastaurant at the mall. I play SWTOR to escape from the corruption, sleaze and grime of our corrupt culture, not to wallow in it. My main characters are a Jedi Consular and a Jedi Knight not a Las Vegas showgirl and a Chippendale.

Oh for crying out loud Starwars HAS adult elements such as torture and murder as well as sexual overtones. This is well known to anyone over the age of 12. Therefore keep your "Jedi" lore RP to yourself and stop preaching.

This game will not magically turn into what you want nor will the developers listen to what you deem as moral standards. This game has sleaze so what? You don't want to engage? Fine. But for the love of the force stop preaching. You are not the moral authority here.

IMNSHO, as I have stated before, this should be taken up with the players on your server/taken to your server's forum, as the only people's gameplay that you should be able to dictate/restrict is fellow RP'ers.

As this thread has now reached 51 pages, I think that many would disagree with you.

Please spare me your empty lecture and phony self-righteous indignation.

Same to you.

The Jedi take an oath to set aside such selfish desires including a measure of their personal freedom. We are playing Star Wars The Old Republic, not some trashy adult MMO. I want to go to a Galaxy far, far away, not to a breastaurant at the mall. I play SWTOR to escape from the corruption, sleaze and grime of our corrupt culture, not to wallow in it. My main characters are a Jedi Consular and a Jedi Knight not a Las Vegas showgirl and a Chippendale.

Again, no right to dictate that to the casual and/or NON-RP player. If we want sleaze up our gameplay on regular PvP and PvE servers, so be it. If you don't want to see it on your RP server, ***** and moan at your fellow RP'ers, not the general SWtOR player base.

Hold on a second, it is you who is talking about what this game is not. Every time I login I see the sleaze and I like it, it is you who should find a game that is not SWTOR.

It is you and players like you who are trying to impose our sleazy culture on a game in a galaxy far, far away.

BTW, I play both Empire and Republic and lead guilds in both. I think that many republic players dont even know what a Jedi is, they play one like they are playing a twilek slave girl in a hutts palace or a sith. I have to give empire players credit, especially the sith, they know exactly who they are. That is why I dont see many sith wearing jog bras and big hair. I think many republic players are just confused about what the republic and the jedi stand for.

Edited by Samaul

Suggestion: People are going to wear what they like. You cannot force your views on someone else. My jedi wears the sensuous top and a long skirt because I do not like the dancer's outfit.

You say your girlfriend doesn't like the outfits and doesn't want you playing because of this. I do not understand that as my boyfriend and I play and what someone else is wearing doesn't bother me in the least.

You tell everyone to stop projection personal prejudices and bias on the game but you are doing the exact same thing. Whether you like it or not you will need to accept it and ignore the outfits you don't like.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

I play SWTOR to escape from the corruption, sleaze and grime of our corrupt culture, not to wallow in it.

Just don't go to Ord Mantell if you want to escape corruption. Or to Coruscant, for that matter. They had a senator selling slave collars for profit, and another spying for the Empire, and...

There are Dark Side Jedi in this game. How's that for corruption?

Just don't go to Ord Mantell if you want to escape corruption. Or to Coruscant, for that matter. They had a senator selling slave collars for profit, and another spying for the Empire, and...

Dark Heart of Voss.

That's an entire ZONE!

Again, that is corruption in the Star Wars universe. I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with dressing up jedi to look like sleazy village people.

Again, that is corruption in the Star Wars universe. I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with dressing up jedi to look like sleazy village people.

It's not corruption for them, though. They don't notice it because they forsook all feelings. So there is no corruption because they don't get it! :D

You do not understand. That is corruption of the dark side of the force, not of the local **** merchant in your city. Are you capable of making the distinction?

What was it that George Lucas wanted to create?

Robed knights riding on ships through hyperspace and carrying swords of light, both light and dark knights.

Edited by Samaul

I have read every ToR novel and graphic novel. Jedi were forbidden to have sexual relationships and to marry.

And yet Satele Shan has a kid with Jace Malcom, which is not a secret. And she's the Grand Master of the Jedi Order.

As a Sith, I have to laugh in the general direction of the Jedi hypocrisy.

Suggestion: People are going to wear what they like. You cannot force your views on someone else. My jedi wears the sensuous top and a long skirt because I do not like the dancer's outfit.

You say your girlfriend doesn't like the outfits and doesn't want you playing because of this. I do not understand that as my boyfriend and I play and what someone else is wearing doesn't bother me in the least.

You tell everyone to stop projection personal prejudices and bias on the game but you are doing the exact same thing. Whether you like it or not you will need to accept it and ignore the outfits you don't like.

You want to bring our american culture to star wars. I just want to play star wars.

Tube tops on Jedi? Seriously? How can you defend that?

And yet Satele Shan has a kid with Jace Malcom, which is not a secret. And she's the Grand Master of the Jedi Order.

As a Sith, I have to laugh in the general direction of the Jedi hypocrisy.

Please explain to me how tube tops and string bikinis fit with the canon and lore of the jedi.

You do not understand. That is corruption of the dark side of the force, not of the local **** merchant in your city. Are you capable of making the distinction?

What was it that George Lucas wanted to create?

Robed knights riding on ships through hyperspace and carrying swords of light, both light and dark knights.

I don't desire to make this distinction. Corruption is corruption. If people can severely break the Jedi code to go to the Dark Side, what's to stop them from slightly breaking traditions (not even the code) to dress lightly?

I don't know about George Lucas, what's with Always a Bigger Fish and a certain senator Who Must Not Be Named.

As for corruption, if Jedi can and do turn to the Dark Side, they might turn to pole dancing too. Arson, murder, and jaywalking.

Please explain to me how tube tops and string bikinis fit with the canon and lore of the jedi.

There you go. A Jedi falls to the Dark Side (and through a time vortex) and becomes an apprentice to Darth Talon.

Or here's another story. A young Hutt slave discovers she's been Force Sensitive all that time. But she wants to deal with her abusive past, so she reclaims the traditional slave outfit as the symbol of liberation and power. She goes everywhere dressed as a slave, kicks major Sith behind, becomes a Jedi Council member, etc. All while dressed as a slave, to bring attention to the plight of the slaves.

For the record, I dont have a problem with the following game content or features:

Same sex companion/master relationships.

Post invalidated by being a bigot

Seriously I don't like the skimpy costumes, but that's no reason to be a homophobe