When BW return 8*8 ranked and remove "bolster" from 55 WZ-s?

helpmewin

Bioware can't remove bolster without totally reworking expertise and I doubt they're interested in doing that again. Stopand think about it. 1.6 damage multiplier on every new player/ PVEr with a .6 damage reduction for us against theiraattacks? Zero new people would continue playing this game.

Napkin math. New player in makeb rep gear hits 55. 23k hp zero expertise queues for PVP on his fresh 55 Sage. Runs into mid, gets smashed for 15-16k and executed. Runs back in, 18k hidden strike 2k acid blade tick dead before he moves. Runs back in 3k spike 16k maul 10k assassinate dies. Quits the warzone, never queues again. Does that sound like a recipe for success in a game that's already on life support?

Bioware can't remove bolster without totally reworking expertise and I doubt they're interested in doing that again. Stopand think about it. 1.6 damage multiplier on every new player/ PVEr with a .6 damage reduction for us against theiraattacks? Zero new people would continue playing this game.

Napkin math. New player in makeb rep gear hits 55. 23k hp zero expertise queues for PVP on his fresh 55 Sage. Runs into mid, gets smashed for 15-16k and executed. Runs back in, 18k hidden strike 2k acid blade tick dead before he moves. Runs back in 3k spike 16k maul 10k assassinate dies. Quits the warzone, never queues again. Does that sound like a recipe for success in a game that's already on life support?

Recruit gear? No? Makes recruit gear as partisan atm. So hard?

Edited by helpmewin

This is a very valid problem and one I know many people ran into and now refuse to have anything to do with PVP. A PVP specific stat was a major goof when they started. It's probably too late now to reengineer it out. Getting rid of bolster just puts you back to where it was before and most new players just drop out because it's no fun.

8v8 ranked was dead before they pulled the plug.

I agree on removing bolster.

No it wasn's. Bolster and removed 8*8 ranked is the same as in PvE BW will delete HM-NiM OPS and makes bolster for PvE. Only FP-s and sm OPs with bolster. Good?

Edited by helpmewin

No it wasn's. Bolster and removed 8*8 ranked is the same as in PvE BW will delete HM-NiM OPS and makes bolster for PvE. Only FP-s and sm OPs with bolster. Good?

On all but two servers in the US you had to schedule a ranked match and even on those two servers 8 ppl could sit in q for a long time. PVE is a different beast entirely for many reasons - they aren't comparable except for the fact that they're both endgame-specific content. But mainly with NIM you don't have people sitting in q waiting for people in other factions to also q for the content.

Edited by Savej

Lol they are never putting recruit back in or anything like it. Give up the crying about it. Think about it business wise they aren't going to spend resources undoing what they created.

Bolster servers it's purpose more or less essentially killing the gearing curve and allowing new players and alts a jump in and go play style. There's a few minor bugs and it confuses people but it resolves the issue they set out to resolve. Maybe just join the "I am Wildstaring" out crowd. There's really nothing to cry about related to bolster.

I guess when? PvP is dying...

They had to remove Ranked 8v8 because they'd lost too many PvP players. They will not be bringing Ranked 8v8 back unless they get a massive influx of Ranked PvPers.

So rather than "Ranked 8v8 will return if PvP bleeds out" it's actually "Ranked 8v8 was removed because PvP bleed out."

Bolster servers it's purpose more or less essentially killing the gearing curve and allowing new players and alts a jump in and go play style. There's a few minor bugs and it confuses people but it resolves the issue they set out to resolve.

Which is a good thing. I don't enjoy winning when the other team is full of fresh 55s in terrible gear. The old Recruit days were horrible...I don't ever want to go back to that.

Edited by BuzzingFridge

If you can't understand the thousand of reasons that the existence of recruit gear was bad for the game.....

really the 1-2% differences from bolster are nothing, and I like knowing all my kills are because I'm genuinely better not because I have more time to grind.

Which is a good thing. I don't enjoy winning when the other team is full of fresh 55s in terrible gear. The old Recruit days were horrible...I don't ever want to go back to that.

Eh? Even with bolster, fresh 55s stand no realistic chance vs a team in augmented Obroan.

Fresh 55s in quest gear get around what, 26K HP? Augmented Obroan is around 32K along with better stats everywhere else.

Compared to the old recruit gear days I don't see the difference. Although back then mish-mashed lowbie mods/enhancements couldn't be used to create BiS pvp weapons...

If you can't understand the thousand of reasons that the existence of recruit gear was bad for the game.....
Do tell.

They had to remove Ranked 8v8 because they'd lost too many PvP players. They will not be bringing Ranked 8v8 back unless they get a massive influx of Ranked PvPers.

So rather than "Ranked 8v8 will return if PvP bleeds out" it's actually "Ranked 8v8 was removed because PvP bleed out."

This is false, at least it was on my server. We all transferred to do ranked, and then Bioware removed it. They never actually supported it at all and admitted as much. Tre - a pve server had a really good ranked scene which the server supported, then they all moved to tofn, then bioware made their announcement and it pissed a lot of people off. But that's all in the past now I guess.

It is true it was not widely popular but this idea that it was dead is a myth. It wasn't dead it just wasn't popular with the masses simply because they couldn't compete with the top tier teams, very few people could compete with nostrum etc. It was not noob friendly.

I think it was more the fact they didnt want to spliit the queues because not only were they introducing arenas, but they also knew gsf was coming too. I think it was a mistake to remove ranked - they lost alot of subs because of it. I don't see it coming back though, shame really. It was better than arenas imo.

Edited by PloGreen

Lol waht? A lot of PvP-rs quit cause BW removed 8*8 ranked. Many quit after 2.0 and players named worst patch with this bolster sistem and exploiting of this.

Edited by helpmewin

Lol they are never putting recruit back in or anything like it. Give up the crying about it. Think about it business wise they aren't going to spend resources undoing what they created.

Bolster servers it's purpose more or less essentially killing the gearing curve and allowing new players and alts a jump in and go play style. There's a few minor bugs and it confuses people but it resolves the issue they set out to resolve. Maybe just join the "I am Wildstaring" out crowd. There's really nothing to cry about related to bolster.

Exactly this. The old system was a nightmare; old recruit gear was like wearing wet cardboard. It was just marginally better than wearing PvE gear. And let's not overlook the fact that new players have to be taught all this crap. All of this was a dramatic incentive for most players just to not even bother with PvP. (And I'm not even going to bother bringing up what it does to PvE and the overall economy by essentially handing every single player who dings 50 what is essentially Op ready gear.) You think PvP is dying now? Start being exclusionary again; watch the general queues go back to being ten minutes again.

Oh, and can I just be the first person to point out that -- at least on my server -- that the queues are popping as quickly if not more so than they ever did pre-bolster? "PvP is dying" indeed . . .

1. Remove Bolster

2. Remove Expertise

3. Ranked Arenas gain Ultimate commz, regular warzones gain Elite comms

profit

1. Bolster in PvE

2. Remove HM and NiM content

3. No gear advantage in PvE.

Profit.

Edited by helpmewin

1. Remove Bolster

2. Remove Expertise

3. Ranked Arenas gain Ultimate commz, regular warzones gain Elite comms

profit

You forgot

4. run out of business because the PvE grind (the bread and butter of the company) would be dead.

5. declare bankruptcy.

6. shut down all servers.

You realistically have to have something to balance out the gear for 55 pvp (you can make an argument for hard-lined ranked no, but I'd like to grow the ranked pop, not limit it).

Our guild ran a duel 1v1 tournament just last pm. My level 41 was far closer to a level 47 in a lower bracket than any non-geared 55 was to my augmented Obroan 55 toon. The 41 vs 47 took at least several moves and I thought "maybe". The 55 battles were basically to begin my opening rotation, and... done.

I'm in the camp that thinks that bolster is working pretty well - not perfect. Dailies for ranked, cross server qs, and a bit more variety would grow the group participating.

Edited by DemeXrt

You act like bolster is even a factor when your fully pvp geared. No amount of bolster can make up for skill if you loose to some one, There just more skilled then you are get over that fact. In other words bolster has no affect on good pvpers the only affect it has is it give the newbies a leg up from being one shot. What you want is noob smashing

55 bolster is just handholding. The guys who grind the pvp gear and work for it deserve the bolstered stats, the people who start out in greens should work for it a little more. I started pvp in recruit gear back during the war hero days, not even the upgraded recruit gear the original recruit set. I got beaten horribly but I endured and clawed my way, getting one piece of pvp gear after another, and learning how to fight and survive, until finally, at the end, I was geared and rewarded for my efforts. That is also better than just having the gear bolstered, the satisfaction from persevering and doing it despite overwhelming odds is worth it, It also promotes skill play to compensate for gear, you either learn or die that way. With the new bolster, you start out in greens and you are already the equivalent of a half geared guy to 3/4 geared. Bolster only belongs in pre 55 pvp plain and simple. What should be done though if this 55 bolster is removed is a new free pvp tier introduced, one that is a lot more crappier than real pvp gear, but still gives someone something better to wear than just greens, while at the same time making the player work for it, instead of just going in with his greens thinking he is better than half the world ( got this one gunslinger in a warzone, greens except for 2 pieces, called us all noobs despite a lot of the team outdoing him).

As for the 8v8 thing, it was here, it did not work, while I do want them, with no cross server they simply won't work as people just stopped queing for them. It was reduced to arenas because off low amounts of people queing to compensate for that, but even solo ranked que is pretty much dying or dead on most servers at this point