Hood up armor?

JalenTigh

See the thing I don't understand about these "Hood up armor" threads, is that every single

piece of armor you get at level 50 as a marauder has a hood... Like, have they hit level 50

yet? Cause that's where the "glory" happens as far as looks come. At least in MY opinion

*Edit: I didn't realize this was about before being level 50, anywho.. just be patient and your

hooded armor will definitely be there :p

Edited by Turtlehammer

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is, it shopuld be there the whole time as we level. The sentinal counterpart does, and the jugg does, but the mara doesn't. Considering all the videos show Jugg as the walking robot/tank, and mara the hooded menaces, it isn't too much to ask, is it?

I don't think I can add much more that others have not already. My personal preference on gear is the awesome-looking robe that Sith Juggernauts are rockin' from the Corellia vendor. I'm sad as heck that my Powertech is wearing that while my Marauder languishes in the Black Talon bathrobe.

Please give us more robes, Bioware. And less stupid-looking shoulders. (No seriously, I don't mean to be rude, but your Imperial Guard outfit is kinda silly. The Imperial Guard in the movies were awesome-looking. They didn't have stupid shoulders and wore FULL ROBES.) Every time I look at the Imperial Guard in SWTOR I suddenly understand why the Empire always has such wide doors.

*AHEM. THIS IS A DIRECT ORDER FROM THE EMPEROR. FROM NOW ON ALL DOORS MUST BE AT LEAST SIX FEET WIDE SO THE IMPERIAL GUARD DO NOT HAVE TO TURN SIDEWAYS TO GET INTO YOUR HOUSES TO TORTURE YOU. HAIL SITH! GRRR!*

Also, if you're gonna force us to wear identical-looking gear to Juggs at 50, please let us have their pre-50 robes also. Alternatively, please turn some of those green/blue robes that drop all over the place into orange gear.

And this is me asking reeeeeal nice to bring us hood up/hood down options asap. *ahem*

*PLEEEEEEEEASE make hood up/hood down options soon! Like, reeeeeeal soon!*

I'm gonna be real sad if I have to wait till July for it :(

I don't think I can add much more that others have not already. My personal preference on gear is the awesome-looking robe that Sith Juggernauts are rockin' from the Corellia vendor. I'm sad as heck that my Powertech is wearing that while my Marauder languishes in the Black Talon bathrobe.

Please give us more robes, Bioware. And less stupid-looking shoulders. (No seriously, I don't mean to be rude, but your Imperial Guard outfit is kinda silly. The Imperial Guard in the movies were awesome-looking. They didn't have stupid shoulders and wore FULL ROBES.) Every time I look at the Imperial Guard in SWTOR I suddenly understand why the Empire always has such wide doors.

*AHEM. THIS IS A DIRECT ORDER FROM THE EMPEROR. FROM NOW ON ALL DOORS MUST BE AT LEAST SIX FEET WIDE SO THE IMPERIAL GUARD DO NOT HAVE TO TURN SIDEWAYS TO GET INTO YOUR HOUSES TO TORTURE YOU. HAIL SITH! GRRR!*

Also, if you're gonna force us to wear identical-looking gear to Juggs at 50, please let us have their pre-50 robes also. Alternatively, please turn some of those green/blue robes that drop all over the place into orange gear.

And this is me asking reeeeeal nice to bring us hood up/hood down options asap. *ahem*

*PLEEEEEEEEASE make hood up/hood down options soon! Like, reeeeeeal soon!*

I'm gonna be real sad if I have to wait till July for it :(

More nightsister looking gear please, as long as we are taking requests. TY.

Oh my god, so awesome.. I am LMAO right now. :p

See the thing I don't understand about these "Hood up armor" threads, is that every single

piece of armor you get at level 50 as a marauder has a hood... Like, have they hit level 50

yet? Cause that's where the "glory" happens as far as looks come. At least in MY opinion

*Edit: I didn't realize this was about before being level 50, anywho.. just be patient and your

hooded armor will definitely be there :p

Only the pvp and pve sets, and they aren't robes. They're armor, with a hood on top. All we're asking for is a SITH ROBE. That shouldn't be so hard. There should be AT LEAST ONE.

Xenotech Weaponmaster's is THE ONLY ONE in the game, and I've been running Karagga's over and over and have yet to see it drop, so awesome.

Its not just level 50.

Only the pvp and pve sets, and they aren't robes. They're armor, with a hood on top. All we're asking for is a SITH ROBE. That shouldn't be so hard. There should be AT LEAST ONE.

Xenotech Weaponmaster's is THE ONLY ONE in the game, and I've been running Karagga's over and over and have yet to see it drop, so awesome.

Its not just level 50.

Yeah, i'd love a Medium version of Primeval Paragon. But Bioware has, via their silent attitude regarding the issue, more or less told us to eat it.

Yeah, i'd love a Medium version of Primeval Paragon. But Bioware has, via their silent attitude regarding the issue, more or less told us to eat it.

Give me a medium version of Entropic Assault (level 40 pvp juggernaut) and I'll be happy forever. I'll mod it with columi/rakata mods and wear it forever.

Or give us all some of the things Jugg gets at 50, like Fortified Electrum Chestguard.

http://swtornado.com/pvp_immortal_build.jpg

Thats what I want to look like! ;-;

THIS very picture of a marauder (note the two sabers) appears to be wearing the level 40 entropic assault set, which WE NEVER GET ACCESS TO:

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m17/Thuran/Marauder.png

Edited by miliways

Give me a medium version of Entropic Assault (level 40 pvp juggernaut) and I'll be happy forever. I'll mod it with columi/rakata mods and wear it forever.

Or give us all some of the things Jugg gets at 50, like Fortified Electrum Chestguard.

http://swtornado.com/pvp_immortal_build.jpg

Thats what I want to look like! ;-;

THIS very picture of a marauder (note the two sabers) appears to be wearing the level 40 entropic assault set, which WE NEVER GET ACCESS TO:

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m17/Thuran/Marauder.png

Wont we when 1.2 goes live? i thought they were making all armor custimizable? or does the armor class still come into effect?

Its not just level 50.

PvP armor looks pretty robe-ish to me, albeit without a shoulder cape, which I don't care much for anyways. I always love of my buttcape.

However, I'll never praise the PvE armor. I don't like being a half-built terminator.

Wont we when 1.2 goes live? i thought they were making all armor custimizable? or does the armor class still come into effect?

Customizable as in you will be able to switch mods and set bonuses. You won't be able to magically equip heavy as marauder (they are planning on doing that but only with social gear).

So switching mods won't do us any good if there is no proper gear available.

I wonder if we'll ever get this black hooded robe that was in the trailer as this is actually what every single marauder in the game wants.

PvP armor looks pretty robe-ish to me, albeit without a shoulder cape, which I don't care much for anyways. I always love of my buttcape.

However, I'll never praise the PvE armor. I don't like being a half-built terminator.

Just use the Black Talon Robe or other inquisitor. Yah its light armor but the 50 or so points of armor isn't going to make that much of a difference , not even if you use it for PVP. Armor ratings on one piece are no big deal.

That armor shown at 0:51 right here: http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/sith-warrior-progression. THIS is the look I want for my Sith Marauder. If this gear existed as orange, I would do PvP, endless dailies, anything, to get it. Instead, a near look-alike is given to the Juggernaut at 40 for PvP, while we get some parady of the Juggernaut gear. Come on, BioWare, this is blatant false advertising. I would hazard a guess that many of us went Marauder for this look, and now you give it to the Juggernaut?!? What is up with this? Please fix!

Ok seriously...I want the armor from beta back ASAP ! :mad:

This is just infuriating, I cannot stand to look at my marauder anymore. I shouldn't be farming Karagga over and over so that I can get the ONLY decent piece of gear out there for Maras...

Bioware, it's NOT that difficult to get back in the game something that was there originally and that was advertised as being the general look for marauders. And it's NOT that difficult to at least say a word about it and prove you take the issue into consideration. This thread has been going on for weeks, don't you think it's time to react and acknowledge your mistakes ?! :confused:

Edited by dnoisette

I use an inquisitor orange piece with a hood up, its elder something something robe. There are a variety of them with different colors. The armor loss is negligible and it looks pretty cool on my female marauder. But yes, I find the lack of hoods (and the ugly-ness of hooded tier armor) disturbing.

What I don't get is, even sith inquisitors get a sith robe that is an orange craftable (Hooded robe that looks like it should be in our arsenal).

Edited by Nessirin

What really pisses me off is that the devs do not even consider this thread that has been going on for months worth an answer ! They should at least acknowledge the situation. I don't mind whether they purposely deleted all hooded up robes from marauder gear because they didn't want us looking that way or if it wasn't intentional. The fact is most players ARE NOT HAPPY with it and this needs to be adressed. I have the feeling they are hoping for this thread to die and people to forget about it. Guess what, I won't.

Most likely some boots/belts/gloves only. Was watching
video a few moments ago, that's depressing...WHY in the world did they have to remove it, I think we'll never be given any answer nor will we get it back...*sigh*

Yeah, we all watched the Progression Video from forever ago too.

Lets at least SEE what they add before we start the rage eh?