Reps ganking other reps on Ilum

CriticalFlame

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you really comparing warzones with daily missions? Enjoy the rest of your day then and stop commenting on my post.

Are you really complaining about people pvping in a pvp mission?

You can easily hit the weekly cap without ever touching the pvp quests- especially if you have alts.

I simply hate that, what's the point of attacking friendly players who have no intention of fighting back? Let people do their missions and move on with your life...

It's quite possible that their main toons were Imps and they were just on their Repub alt.

FFA area. Did you not read this? Free For All.... Why does it matter if someone of the same or different faction kills you?

I rarely take a stance like this, but just quit complaining. This is a game mechanic, don't fault the players if you have a problem completing PvP missions in a PvP area.

Exactly. I personally never attack another Pub unless a) I know him as an ******e. b) He attacks first.

But if a Pub wants to kill a Pub, it is perfectly within his rights to do so because Bioware allowed him to.

It's not an excuse, its a mechanic. Do you go into warzones then complain people kill you when you are just completing your daily?

Indeed. For faction-based ethics, one might want to visit an RP server.

On the other hand, I rather enjoy the opportunity to knock over some obnoxious Fleet chat troll once in a while, or have some fun with a buddy of mine.

My issue with all players is that for PvE Servers you love Open world when it comes out so why don't you just go to a PvP Server? Lil thing to know, I expect an answer not another question asking why or are you mad or making your piety excuses to justify your answers.

My issue with all players is that for PvE Servers you love Open world when it comes out so why don't you just go to a PvP Server? Lil thing to know, I expect an answer not another question asking why or are you mad or making your piety excuses to justify your answers.

Many possible reasons why someone wants to OWPvP on a PvE server.

What if the guy doesn't like spontaneous ganking, only consented PvP between mature players?

What if all their friends are on this server and so they had to roll here?

What if they want to try PvP without fear of getting 1-shotted by a gank squad of 20 people?

I'm pretty sure that most of us that ask for PvP are on PvP servers, but still, i just gave a few possible justifications.

If you are using a character that has no stealth, I feel for you. It makes this almost impossible to solo. However if you had stealth, it is just a matter of time/switching instances to find the perfect time to strike at pylon. If you happen to gather a group for mid, try to have at least one stealthy. Good Luck :)

The PVP quests in the Gree event give Warzone Commendations as a reward. Some of you kids actually expect to be rewarded with WZ comms without even a risk of having to do some PVP.

The entire quests revolve around PVP. That's the challenge of these quests! There's no challenge in picking up some orbs and carrying it to a pylon. There's little to no challenge in killing a group of scrub droids for their cores. The entire challenge of the quest is doing these things while avoiding being killed by other players. If you don't like to PVP, then don't pick up PVP quests.

The PVP quests in the Gree event give Warzone Commendations as a reward. Some of you kids actually expect to be rewarded with WZ comms without even a risk of having to do some PVP.

The entire quests revolve around PVP. That's the challenge of these quests! There's no challenge in picking up some orbs and carrying it to a pylon. There's little to no challenge in killing a group of scrub droids for their cores. The entire challenge of the quest is doing these things while avoiding being killed by other players. If you don't like to PVP, then don't pick up PVP quests.

All what you said is true, and I'm not defending those scrubs, but I would have preferred if it was a little different. For once, I would have liked it more if it was either faction vs faction, or true free for all regardless of groups. Groups of 4 are messy as hell. Why would you want to waste time looking for a good pvp healer just to compete with the other good groups? Remember this is a pvp event, not ranked pvp. As for the pylon. I would have preferred it to have orbs all over the place, and you need to solo run 3 of them, and kill 3 orbs holders. Having orb un-stealth you, to make it fair for all. Activation time is only 1 second. The idea here is to run the orb, NOT activate it. Those who die spawn close by.

What would gain this way?

1- More fun.

2- You would finish the achievements + dailies easier.

3- I know you could exchage crap kills and stuff, but this happens all the time no matter what. Now, it is harder with everyone upon you.

4- Healers can't heal you, it is a solo effort.

I know my idea needs little tweaking, but I bet it is way better than what they have now.

Because on PvE servers you have to consent to PvP. Like you voluntarily go into the central area in Ilum knowing it's an open PvP area because the red text and faction flags tell you so; like you voluntarily click on the queue for warzone button.

Is this really that difficult a concept to grasp?

Edited by anwg

Indeed. For faction-based ethics, one might want to visit an RP server.

On the other hand, I rather enjoy the opportunity to knock over some obnoxious Fleet chat troll once in a while, or have some fun with a buddy of mine.

Are you *sure* an RP server is the best place for them to go? Remember, a Sith may very well be RPing as the leader of a breakaway faction, and Jedi may be RPing a Dark Jedi.

The number of times I have seen a bunch of Imps come really close to others, pretending to help their "faction", and then crushing them when Pubs show up, is too damn high. Vice versa too.