Cut Scene screenshots disabled?

Januaria

Hi peeps.

I recently came back to the game after an absence of a few months to recharge my psychic batteries. Loving the game more than ever and I'm really getting immersed in my Scoundrel story line (I will not rest until I settle the score with Skavak!).

But one thing I did notice is that I can no longer capture the awesome graphics of cut scenes by hitting the [Print Screen] button. I have literally HUNDREDS of cut scene screenshots from my previous time in the game. Has this option been recently disabled?

It's not a huge issue for me, but I do miss capturing the awesome, creamy nougatty goodness of my toons and using them for wallpapers at work and home.

Any suggestions (besides [shift] + [Print Screen], copy to third-party app, paste to designated folder)?

:)

I seem to remember this being a thing for a very long time, in fact I don't remember ever being able to screenshot cutscenes.

Any third party over-lay, like steam or overwolf will allow you to screenshot in the cutscenes.

Really does suck, but meh.

Well, as usual, use FRAPS or Bandicam or some other screen capture program. These programs are basically made for taking screenshots and recording your gaming sessions. I use both fraps and bandicam for pretty much every game I play, much more reliable than using printscreen, plus you get to choose the format of your screenshots and where to save them.

Basically, get the program (free or pay if you want to record and get rid of the watermark), choose a key for taking screenshots, choose folder, choose format, and bam! you're set to take thousands of screenshots if that's what you want to do. Also, no delay when it takes the screenshot - there's a tiny lag in some games when a screenshot is created with printscreen, never tried printscreen in swtor though.

Also, I have tens of thousands of swtor screenshots, no kidding. I just have a finger glued to the screenshot taking button. Anyway, I recommend disabling the ui/hud for better screenshots, there's already an in-game short cut (Alt-Z, I use H instead). And I've also gotten rid of the damage numbers that pop up but of course that's only a good idea if you play solo and for the story. And lastly, hiding the HUD also makes it so you can't see the dialog options. So to get more cinematic shots it's better to just disabled subtitles.

Edited by Blackholeskipper

Thanks for those responses, guys.

I guess I'll download the trial version of Fraps and give it a try.

Meanwhile, I've got an itchy trigger finger 'cause I think I'm closing in on Skavak.

:eek:

FRAPS is good for screenshot and Vids.

Also, I know that feeling. ;) If I might suggest, Dirty Kick him first. That Mandalorian loving Son of a Hutt deserves it!

FRAPS is good for screenshot and Vids.

Also, I know that feeling. ;) If I might suggest, Dirty Kick him first. That Mandalorian loving Son of a Hutt deserves it!

Oh, I definitely settled accounts with Skavak -- believe me, it was slow, gruesome and deliciously satisfying. :D

Hope that wasn't a SPOILER, cause I hate peeps who ruin your enjoyment when they spout out spoilers! Like that jerk who yelled out at the screening of Saving Private Ryan, "THE GERMANS LOST THE WAR!!!" Man, I was so pissed...

:p

i know im digging up this thread but i have solution for you. at least worked for me.

apparently in fullscreen mode you cant capture screenshots anymore - instead try windowmode (still can be wide as your fullscreen.) press screenshot button and voila.

This NEVER dawned on me. Will definitely give it a try tonight. I'll let you know what happens.

Fingers crossed.:eek:

This NEVER dawned on me. Will definitely give it a try tonight. I'll let you know what happens.

Fingers crossed.:eek:

I've been running in windowed mode all along and cinematic screenshots almost never capture.

It's been like this since launch.

You *might* get one from time to time but it is far from reliable.

FRAPS is your best option all around.

I'm using a tiny program that just does as advertised and also works during cutscenes: ScreenGrab 1.1

You can get it from No Nonsense Software here:

http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/

http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/grabs/screengrab_grab.gif

(The picture is taken in Windows XP. but I'm using it in Windows 7 without problems.)

Well I've tried all three screen modes and nothing will capture my glorious Smuggler cut scenes. Like some crazy person I'm smashing the [Print Screen] button to no avail.

I'm going to give your suggestion a try. Many thanks for including that helpful screen capture.

You, Sir (or Madam), are a scholar and a gentleman (or a lady).

;)

I'm using a tiny program that just does as advertised and also works during cutscenes: ScreenGrab 1.1

You can get it from No Nonsense Software here:

http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/

http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/grabs/screengrab_grab.gif

(The picture is taken in Windows XP. but I'm using it in Windows 7 without problems.)

I downloaded and installed ScreenGrab -- but the application wouldn't actually capture any images. Perhaps it's my technical ineptitude.

Looks like I'm going to have to try a free version of Fraps (which, being free, I'm sure has many limitations) or doing [CTRL] + [Print Screen] and pasting it to Irfan View and then saving the JPEG into my Screenshots folder. A tedious process and you can only do ONE capture at a time. Wish BW would bring back the old capability.

Oh well...

:cool:

With Screengrab, you have to switch your visual to fullscreen(windowed) or probably windowed works as well, though I just did the first, when using the capture active window only. Going with Fullscreen it seemed to just want to grab black screens.

Also good thread, wanted to find something simple to enable screenshots again.

Looks like I'm going to have to try a free version of Fraps (which, being free, I'm sure has many limitations)
The only significant limitations of the free version of FRAPS is that you're limited to how long your video will record and your video is watermarked.

It will capture screenshots of cutscenes just fine.

Jan you've got to be one of the cutest forum posters ever.

/signed

"What's your sign?"

--- best pick-up line from the mid to late 70's. Not that I lived through that era, mind you, I read that in an excellent academic work, "Mating Habits of the American Male During the Age of Polyester." Authored by Dr. Millard Thadeus Witherspoon.

:rolleyes:

The only significant limitations of the free version of FRAPS is that you're limited to how long your video will record and your video is watermarked.

It will capture screenshots of cutscenes just fine.

Looks like Fraps wins in a landslide.

Thanks again, peeps. I'm really getting absorbed with my Scoundrel and Risha is such an awesome DPS (if a bit squishy in the Endurance department).