Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why bounty event every month?

Rileysoph

Anyone who thinks this 'Bounty Hunter' event is good, needs to google what a Bounty Hunter is and supposed to do. They do not visit some random terminal in the middle of no where after offering 4 drinks to some randoms.

You might want to consider googleing it yourself because that is exactly what bounty hunters do. How do you think Bounty Hunters find their targets...random luck? No they investigate:

- they question individuals who might know the target. which usually that means going to the places the target is known to frequent and asking other patrons if they've seen the target. And usually that means giving something to the "randoms" that will encourage them to talk. (your "random terminal in the middle of no where" and offering your "randoms" drinks)

- they stake out the target's last known locations based on the information gathered from the questioning of relatively random individuals (going to another of your "random terminals")

- then the bounty hunter captures or kills the target when the opportunity presents itself (the target shows up).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's Biowares reasoning behind copy and pasting the same event every month? Is it their attempt at making the game more "dynamic"?

Has there been any new changes between the first event and the most recent one?

So what's your suggestion?

Being critical is one thing, being helpful is another. If you can't be both, then you're just noise.

So what's your suggestion?

Being critical is one thing, being helpful is another. If you can't be both, then you're just noise.

Well I only asked a question in the op but now if you want to know a suggestion i say they should add some new items every 1 or 2 times its up to get players back into the event who may have completed it

Well I only asked a question in the op but now if you want to know a suggestion i say they should add some new items every 1 or 2 times its up to get players back into the event who may have completed it

I wholeheartedly agree with you. The devs need to be mindful that once content has been completed that they need to keep it fresh. Your idea makes absolute sense.

So their reasoning is because it's a rep faction and because you like that it's monthly?

That makes no sense to me. I don't remember asking for peoples opinion about it I just want to know why they're adding it every month.

People asked for recurring events, so they made the Gree and the Bounty Hunter events that recur.

What's Biowares reasoning behind copy and pasting the same event every month? Is it their attempt at making the game more "dynamic"?

It was announced as a recurring event that would come back for 1 week out of every month. So not sure what you're talking about with "copy and pasting" but it was always billed as a recurring event that return every month. The only changes were some additional rewards. It's there to supplement the leveling and gameplay experience. It's really not meant for you to play for 300 hours with one character. It probably occurs more often than the Gree event because it's open to many more characters because you only need to be level 15. New people come to play the game, new characters are made and they are being given the chance to participate in the event. If you're done with it, then move on and do something else. Not really sure what there is to whine about here as it really takes almost no development resources for them to continue bringing the event back each month. So it's not like it's taking away from anything else. They already have 2 new events coming up soon anyway.

Makes no dif to me anymore, I'm done it, gree one too. So as far as I'm concerned, it's time for them to dream up another one lol.

Agreed, of course this happens with everything. SWG had the galactic moonfest and while I loved the event a lot of rewards were repeats from the year before and eventually I had bought everything, though you had to buy with tokens which probaly slowed down the ability to purchase everything.

I think the bounty hunter thing is scaled to level so I suppose it's an option for leveling, Probally a moce way to make some extra credits

I would like to see flashpoints, operations and warzones tied to events with specific cosmetic gear drops or something. They could count as weeklies also, take. A break from the mundane

Edited by kirorx

Agreed, of course this happens with everything. SWG had the galactic moonfest and while I loved the event a lot of rewards were repeats from the year before and eventually I had bought everything, though you had to buy with tokens which probaly slowed down the ability to purchase everything.

I think the bounty hunter thing is scaled to level so I suppose it's an option for leveling, Probally a moce way to make some extra credits

I would like to see flashpoints, operations and warzones tied to events with specific cosmetic gear drops or something. They could count as weeklies also, take. A break from the mundane

It's still worth doing, like you say for the money, and if you want to take a lvl 15+ lowbie in, it's a good way to vary your experience and give you a different sort of adventure.

I've pretty much gotten everything out of those, I have legendary on them, so I'm ready for the next. I didnt' mean to sound as if I were discouraging anyone. :)

It's still worth doing, like you say for the money, and if you want to take a lvl 15+ lowbie in, it's a good way to vary your experience and give you a different sort of adventure.

I've pretty much gotten everything out of those, I have legendary on them, so I'm ready for the next. I didnt' mean to sound as if I were discouraging anyone. :)

Same. I do that with most events too. I love grinding to Legend unlocking every item etc. etc. Stacking trophies in my inventory even after I cap.

So... Luna, you are ready for another? Does that mean you are staying? :)

Don't like it, don't play it. Simple. Find a game you enjoy there are plenty of other MMOs out there you can play. Just saying. Clearly this game isn't for you.

What is your point? This is a perfect answer for your own question? Why bother making thread if this is your own approach?

its SWTORs version of the Dark Moon Faire from WoW. That's all

Its a good thing

They never do that. What was the last addition to gree event, addition of unique loot? They've given people more grief then joy.

So the history here is that the first event they had proved to be quite popular. At the time, BioWare argued that they wanted one-time events to keep people logging into the game to make sure they didn't miss anything.

But players whined that they didn't get a chance to fully take advantage of the event -- myself included -- and a new philosophy emerged of repeating events and building a fulsome calendar so that there was something special going on in the game whenever players logged in that they could decide to take advantage of.

And yes, for the record The Rakghoul Event is something that should definitely come back in some form. Nothing beats hanging around the bar in fleet and then suddenly someone explodes and everybody is infected and doomed to die ;). Actually, the only thing that beats that is being the person who explodes!

- Arcada

That is a great idea. In fact, 2 months ago they did just that by adding the vehicle that requires 50 completed contracts to buy.

/sigh

The point is, lots of people do enjoy the fact that it returns once a month and with the influx of new players from GSF, it makes even more sense. I completed it in the second week as well, but still enjoy doing a bounty now and again to shake things up and help with leveling an alt.

Edited by RandomXChance

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.