Companions?

TkTopher

I may have misinterpreted this but are BW planning on getting rid of class stories and companions :o?

They aren't getting rid of them. You aren't going to lose your companions or any of the class stories.

However, they may not continue the current stories into more individual class stories, their plans for now are to have 1 story per faction and try to individualize them with 'class beats".

Edited by chuixupu

you know what would be something new?

Solo Zones. Real solo zones where you can fight alone, I´m getting a bit sick of the companion concept, would be great if you had to do some quests alone, where you can´t summon companions.

You do know nobody is forcing you to use the companions, right? If you feel you are so awesome, you can dismiss them and play solo.

You do know nobody is forcing you to use the companions, right? If you feel you are so awesome, you can dismiss them and play solo.

But that would just be a waste of time, why take forever if you can have the path of least resistance and summon a companion? There would be solo zones required which are balanced for actual "heroic" solo play where companions are simply not allowed

you know what would be something new?

Solo Zones. Real solo zones where you can fight alone, I´m getting a bit sick of the companion concept, would be great if you had to do some quests alone, where you can´t summon companions.

Let me guess. Your companion stealing your kills? Bad bad companion. No respect for master. At least should stop attacking when mob HP reach 1 so you can proudly finish off the mob. Bioware should sell unlock to add and/or delete companion. I will put him on permanent passive if I were you. I share your pain.

They aren't getting rid of them. You aren't going to lose your companions or any of the class stories.

However, they may not continue the current stories into more individual class stories, their plans for now are to have 1 story per faction and try to individualize them with 'class beats".

Ah thanks for clarifying :)

But that would just be a waste of time, why take forever if you can have the path of least resistance and summon a companion? There would be solo zones required which are balanced for actual "heroic" solo play where companions are simply not allowed

As noted, just don't summon it, or put it on passive.

In any event ...

/notsureifserious

Why force this play style on others when you can just do it yourself? I like using my companion, I wish I could bring her to PvP and Ops.

If you dismiss your companion, then non-heroic zones can become heroic zones for you.

The only reason for what you're suggesting would be PvP. So I like the idea, but if we make a no companion zone, it should be PvP only - like Outlaw's Den only it shouldn't be boring :p