The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why did we leave?

Yakito

the only noticable things added were:

- extra questing to 55

- extra boring planets

- Space Combat

Maybe because I have an AMD GPU.

If you don't like all the add in this game, does not mean we don't get any add.

As stated in LESS than a year we got all this stuff. Don't like it? Why you sub?

AMD gpu always suck this is well know.

Funny, since I never said such a thing.

I am not here for Warzones or Raids, I want to complete the stories, fly with my spaceship.

I did not subscribe just for the story, don't be silly. I love space battles

Sooooo you subscribe for???? Space combat?? Just for it? You know... you can wait February and have it for free?

You can do and say every thing you want, the game is not perfect and we all know this, but similar post are just useless. There is suggestion box, for help to improve the game. You throw a stone and just hide behind your finger?

Edited by Elminster_cs

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[...], but this game is destined to fail completely with the development it currently has

I got a completely different perception of the future. Then again... if SWTOR takes another 5 years to "fail completely", I am fine with it. Seven years on a game are enough. Other games will come up to take this ones place then. Such is the nature of MMOs.

As to why "we" left... I took a break for half a year to play TSW... unfortunately it only took me 5 months to play it "through" and so I returned to SWTOR. I do not regret having taken the break but I neither do regret to have returned. Neither TESO nor Wildstar will make me take another break. The Blizzard games are out of the question for me anyway.

There, that's funny. I just checked the benchmarks. Your GPU is almost exactly as fast as mine.

I have 8 GB of RAM

And I don't know the exact model of your CPU, but mine's faster from what I checked.

And that's the main thing I am talking about. It runs ok on one machine, and it runs absolutely horribly on another.

And settings do not matter. I formatted my HD twice during my ToR gaming history, I played on low as well as high. Funny thing is - my game would run FASTER on High settings rather than low.

Please... do not tell me it's on my end, because it's just ridiculous. I should at least be able to change the settings to Low and enjoy much smoother gameplay, right? wrong!! Not in this game.

As for people focusing on my guild and the rading - what's wrong with you? Who the hell cares? We cleared the... so called "Nightmare", we were very focused on raiding. End of story.

The fact that I don't remember it's called "Nightmare" proves nothing, since I don't really give a frick how it's called. Drop it.

That's how politics work - focus on the crappiest thing and blow it out of proportion instead of focusing on the problems. I do not care what you think about my guild or the progress. I know what we did, I do not need to to tell me otherwise.

Your whining is just ridiculous ...

Game runs well on old and new PCs with enough raw power and well configured OS.

Did you ever tried to install DirectX 9 redistributable when you reformat (Vista, 7 & 8 have missing parts of it due to using DX10 & 11)?

Did you ever tried to configure your Windows to use high performance power plan?

Did you ever monitored your temperatures?

Did you get decent PSU or just got cheapest one?

Game companies are not local computer support... even it would be good if some of those was by some way forced by client installation.

Your whining is just ridiculous ...

Game runs well on old and new PCs with enough raw power and well configured OS.

Did you ever tried to install DirectX 9 redistributable when you reformat (Vista, 7 & 8 have missing parts of it due to using DX10 & 11)?

Did you ever tried to configure your Windows to use high performance power plan?

Did you ever monitored your temperatures?

Did you get decent PSU or just got cheapest one?

Game companies are not local computer support... even it would be good if some of those was by some way forced by client installation.

I tried old DirectX.

I tried reverting the drivers, I tried new ones, old ones, beta. Everything.

High performanec power plan? Yes, I do have a thing called "Gaming mode" which makes everything much faster.

PSU - This is a gaming laptop, and the PSU is more than enough.

Game companies screw their games up so people can't run them, and they should optimize it.

This is not The Witcher 2 and yet it runs like The Witcher 2 on ultra settings. No? Still going to dismiss it?

Now explain this to me -

When I was in raids, I used to overclock my GPU just for this game.

I would sometimes overclock it by 20% if I was really angry at the fps.

Now he's the kicker - the game usually used about 30%-40% of my GPU power during raids. Whenever I'd overclock it it would use... not the same amount of GPU power, not more, but LESS gpu power, so by giving it 20% more juice it would drop the GPU usage to 20-35%.

Temperatures? They would skyrocket on the fleet, and they were managable during raids, although not always.

The temperature issue seems to be fairly ok these days, so they must have patched something.

But my GPU is still barely used by the game, most of the time. There were times when the GPU usage would reach 100% when I was standing still on my ship/planet and so on, but not during the raids when the GPU usage was crucial.

The game is simply not optimized to use all the resources it gets.

I'd get about 20% GPU used during Warzones too.

useless blabla

Read what I said above.

Maybe if you took a second to use your empty head you'd understand that my post was already long enough and I wasn't going to include a list of everything I think I want from the game by subscribing, yes?

Have you forgotten the 55 level cap or perhaps 20 more features unavailable to f2p like... I don't know, eskrow credits or transfering credits to alts? OR maybe the amount of characters I can have, or many more features? Jesus, why am I even trying to talk to this person. I will stop now, before I get an aneurysm.

Out of curiosity what did you expect in a MMO? What do you do in WoW or Rift: dailies, instances, raid and PvP.

That's the MMO life.

People may want something different but currently this is the game they are adding things people like to do, good for them.

Complaining makes no sense to me. I left in July 2012 I was frustrated with the server merge BS being forced to move PST to EST or play in a dead server plus my friends bailed. I ended my sub told them why and bounced. I was vocal on the forum about the mishandling but not the game because I know what an MMO is. I just don't get why putting out negative energy constantly complaining like ReferaFriend/McJugs/Tor-Ihaveaunhappylife don't move on if you don't enjoy it. No one gives 2 ***** about your feelings or why you have sand in your vajaj. You will be happier in the end.

I don't play WoW or Rift for starters. I've played more than my fair share of over grindy Korean mmo's, with better pvp than you'd find here. I've also played games like Age of Conan and The Secret Life and GW2. When I started in this game before launch, what attracted me to it, was the stories, and they were promoting that this would be your very own star wars adventure, and that story was the main focus. I love SW.

I loved that and played everything through more than a few times. I thought they would continue on with story and give us a bit more every so often. *That* is what I expected. That is what I paid for.

It's too bad that you had such a rough time because of the merges. I'm pretty sure that very few enjoyed the process myself included. You sound so condescending though in your post. You get insulting, by implying that I don't know what an MMO is. Well I do. And you know what? You don't need to sexually harass me either with your last sentences.

The fact is, I'm upset because they cut stories off, and they're not doing them anymore. I have every right to express that on here. Why come after me for my thoughts, and not go after the OP? Is his opinion some how more?

It's a public forum and people can say what they feel about the game. Some will care, some won't. I accept that, but for you to say that I have no business to say what I think here is arrogant and wrong. And you assume that I haven't moved on, well not entirely. I plan on keeping preferred status, for those odd times I actually want to run a daily, or just to see what is going on. I hope that eventually they'll realize what a driving force stories are, and that they are important, then, my money and I will be back.

That is my 'feeling' and I don't give two rips if you care about it or not. So perhaps you should be the one checking for sand you know where. Pervert.

You do realize, that calling another forum user "idiot" or "empty headed" is not in the least going to make your arguments sound more reasonable?

As if I haven't tried doing it the nice way. It's clear that I can even give candies away and I'll get the same dumb responses over and over again, and I have no more patience for wastes of space.

As if I haven't tried doing it the nice way. It's clear that I can even give candies away and I'll get the same dumb responses over and over again, and I have no more patience for wastes of space.

Still makes YOU look more bad than the ones you refer to in my opinion.

Regardless of the fact that I wasn't in agreement with your "the fail is near!"-post anyway.

SWTOR is just a garbage F2P cash grab. The CM is how it's making ends meet. Best to just let your sub run its course and never look back.

If you're a PvP'er, don't even bother. The player-base is basically on life support. There's almost nothing BioFail can do to save it.

I laugh at your ignornace :D

SWTOR is just a garbage F2P cash grab. The CM is how it's making ends meet. Best to just let your sub run its course and never look back.

If you're a PvP'er, don't even bother. The player-base is basically on life support. There's almost nothing BioFail can do to save it.

Quoted for truth :rolleyes:

Quoted for truth :rolleyes:

so I guess you (and TOR-tanic) did cancel your accounts? Are are you actually continuing to pay for something you consider to be "garbage" ? I surely wouldn't :rolleyes:

Then again, I am not a PvPer and am having fun in the game :)

I'm in a similar boat as the OP. I bought the game the day it came out and shared in the initial excitement of this "WOW Killer" and then the eventual fade in interest as subs dropped from 4 million to 1 million and so on. However, I never maxed out a character, nor did I do any end game raiding. I left simply because there were other more interesting options out there at the time.

I recently came back and I am actually loving the game more than initial release. I found an active, fun guild. I see TONS of folks out in the various zones leveling their toons. And I am simply sitting back and enjoying the story and voice acting and the Star Wars-ness of the game.

My loading screens are still terribly slow (usually the time when I take bio breaks). Flash Point Group Finder Que times are hit and miss. But at least after the Flash Point is done I can port back to where I was questing. And I don't get knocked off of my speeder anymore even by trash - that was fxed or perhaps I have a more "durable" speeder.

Edited by kimdante

Next time is a report for you.

This is a gaming laptop, and the PSU is more than enough.

Game companies screw their games up so people can't run them, and they should optimize it.

Game companies optimize until MOST of the people can run it smoothly. Actually most of the people can? Yes. All? Not of course. EVERY game is like this, it is impossible to run games well on all computer, especially when they are pretty old.

I can play serious sam 3, but I have FPS issues on magicka.. so? There can me HUNDRED of possibility on why this happens, same here.

people like you think that things like this are just laziness and can be fixed by clapping hands. Now you can try it? Your experience is good? Well play it. Is not god? Buy a new system or leave. BW can try to address problem like this with support center, but they can't stay on the engine for just few people.

Example: do you know that there is a new option, have you see the color difference, disabling it can improve a lot you performance?

For other stuff... I think this thread will be cut soon.

so I guess you (and TOR-tanic) did cancel your accounts? Are are you actually continuing to pay for something you consider to be "garbage" ?

Trust me, most of them is still paying for something they "don't like"

Remember forum users are just a 0.1% of the gamers right here

I tried old DirectX.

I tried reverting the drivers, I tried new ones, old ones, beta. Everything.

High performanec power plan? Yes, I do have a thing called "Gaming mode" which makes everything much faster.

PSU - This is a gaming laptop, and the PSU is more than enough.

This is not The Witcher 2 and yet it runs like The Witcher 2 on ultra settings. No? Still going to dismiss it?

Now explain this to me -

When I was in raids, I used to overclock my GPU just for this game.

I would sometimes overclock it by 20% if I was really angry at the fps.

Now he's the kicker - the game usually used about 30%-40% of my GPU power during raids. Whenever I'd overclock it it would use... not the same amount of GPU power, not more, but LESS gpu power, so by giving it 20% more juice it would drop the GPU usage to 20-35%.

Temperatures? They would skyrocket on the fleet, and they were managable during raids, although not always.

The temperature issue seems to be fairly ok these days, so they must have patched something.

But my GPU is still barely used by the game, most of the time. There were times when the GPU usage would reach 100% when I was standing still on my ship/planet and so on, but not during the raids when the GPU usage was crucial.

The game is simply not optimized to use all the resources it gets.

I'd get about 20% GPU used during Warzones too.

Read what I said above.

Maybe if you took a second to use your empty head you'd understand that my post was already long enough and I wasn't going to include a list of everything I think I want from the game by subscribing, yes?

Have you forgotten the 55 level cap or perhaps 20 more features unavailable to f2p like... I don't know, eskrow credits or transfering credits to alts? OR maybe the amount of characters I can have, or many more features? Jesus, why am I even trying to talk to this person. I will stop now, before I get an aneurysm.

What do you mean as gaming laptop - Asus ROG, Toshiba Cosmio, Dell Alienware or other?

Tried or installed full DX9 redistributable?

There is a big difference - 1 broken library of it and 40 FPS drop.

Overclock on laptop and gaming ... ouch - you most probably actually lower your performance due to heating.

I am on gaming laptop and after 1 year of usage it need internal cleaning (ventilation is accessible but still) ... lowered some of my graphic settings because it is easy than to go to a jerks in our local service center, till find a better trusted one.

But what I wanted to say - if your laptop CPU or GPU goes above 80 Celsius - performance begin to suffer.

Power plan, check your gaming mode power plan - select gaming mode - go to control panel and check power - it has to be on high performance.

How much vendor crap (bloatware) you actually install on your laptop - mine has only 1 thing - button power plan changer?

Last but not least - FPS in populated zone - CPU related... GPU is pretty capable of drawing all but CPU has to calculate every player, companion, NPC, effect & so on and send them to GPU for drawing.

So check why your gaming laptop suffer ...

Funny, since I never said such a thing. Maybe you should re-read the whole thing to understand?

Where did I complain about subs and f2p?

Please do not contribute to this thread anymore, since you clearly aren't able to.

It's very funny actually. I expected this.

Minor complain about something - the Devs don't even have to move their fingers. They have an army of you guys, protecting your most precious game that has never had any issues, that is so perfect that nobody can even attempt and say what is wrong with it because you will eat this person alive.

Keep it going, your superior constructive criticism is absolutely helpful.

It's because of fanboys like you guys this game hasn't changed, because all you do is pretend that nothing's wrong and that nothing needs to be fixed.

While people without blindfolds can see that there are a lot of issues.

Do you seriously think that people that complain about this game want to hurt it?

We bought it for a freaking reason! We wanted it to be the best MMO in the world. We still do. And we complain, because something is very wrong. Why do you not understand that wanting something to improve is actually a good thing? You, as fanboys, should constantly ask for more!!

Most of us tried to make threads about it during the beginning and even in beta when we saw that things were very bad and needed very urgent attention, but we had fanboys coming over and dismissing any issues.

If you were a true fanboy you would HELP MAKE THE GAME BETTER, and therefore would also give constructive criticism to the game developers, push them to do something better, remind them what is wrong with the game.

But no..

have to agree with this right here... well said

so I guess you (and TOR-tanic) did cancel your accounts? Are are you actually continuing to pay for something you consider to be "garbage" ? I surely wouldn't :rolleyes:

Then again, I am not a PvPer and am having fun in the game :)

Let me guess, don't like it dont play it?

And i'm not paying for it, my parents are, i cant afford it when i'm sitting in my basement with no job eating pizza 24/7.

Anyway, whether i like the game or not i can still voice my opinion about it, you're not going to scare me off tbh. Don't like my opinion? Don't read it.

Funny, since I never said such a thing. Maybe you should re-read the whole thing to understand?

Where did I complain about subs and f2p?

Please do not contribute to this thread anymore, since you clearly aren't able to.

It's very funny actually. I expected this.

Minor complain about something - the Devs don't even have to move their fingers. They have an army of you guys, protecting your most precious game that has never had any issues, that is so perfect that nobody can even attempt and say what is wrong with it because you will eat this person alive.

Keep it going, your superior constructive criticism is absolutely helpful.

It's because of fanboys like you guys this game hasn't changed, because all you do is pretend that nothing's wrong and that nothing needs to be fixed.

While people without blindfolds can see that there are a lot of issues.

Do you seriously think that people that complain about this game want to hurt it?

We bought it for a freaking reason! We wanted it to be the best MMO in the world. We still do. And we complain, because something is very wrong. Why do you not understand that wanting something to improve is actually a good thing? You, as fanboys, should constantly ask for more!!

Most of us tried to make threads about it during the beginning and even in beta when we saw that things were very bad and needed very urgent attention, but we had fanboys coming over and dismissing any issues.

If you were a true fanboy you would HELP MAKE THE GAME BETTER, and therefore would also give constructive criticism to the game developers, push them to do something better, remind them what is wrong with the game.

But no..

"hey, I am having fps issues, my friends with worse machines do not".

Fanboy - "check your ISP, it's also your machine, you suck, not the game"

"But many people with better machines than mine also have this problem"

fanboy - "yeah? Maybe they're just lying about their specs? Liars, all of them"

"But listen, this game is really bad for AMD users"

fanboy - "shut up already!! I do not want you talking bad about the most precious thing in the world. My... preciousssss"

"Listen guys, I've asked the support, but they won't help me. Maybe if you could let people with issues talk in this thread instead of trolling us?"

fanboy - "No, we must protect it. We do not have issues, therefore YOU do not have issues! No need to bother holy support, we will silence you. You must not ask for improved graphic engine. It's your machine! Spend 1000 dollars on a new one. Yes, spend it so you can play just THIS game. Even if other games run smooth on your machine, it still sucks since ToR is superior in every way".

"ok, how about ability delay?"

fanboy - "sdadsah, it was... there, but it's not an issue!!! Wait for a fix and be quiet!!"

"Ok, I waited 1,5 years, issue is still there"

fanboy "It's barely noticable!! be quiet".

"Hm... I feel kinda bored, maybe if they changed the planet layouts a little, changed a few things around"

fanboy - "no! Nothing can be changed, how dare you speak of this game this way? Leave it! We do not want you !!"

Fanboys a year later...

"hm... it's kinda empty here, what's with all the server merges? Maybe all these people that we told to leave actually left and it hurts OUR gameplay now? Naaaah... game is absolutely perfect".

you speak the truth my friend

Now explain this to me ... Now he's the kicker - the game usually used about 30%-40% of my GPU power during raids. Whenever I'd overclock it it would use... not the same amount of GPU power, not more, but LESS gpu power, so by giving it 20% more juice it would drop the GPU usage to 20-35%

First, your GPU "power" measurement isn't a very good metric to use. It's not well defined. Let's assume it is GPU clock cycle utilization. So, you sped up the GPU by 20% and saw a 20% drop in utilization. The explanation is quite simple, actually: Your GPU wasn't the bottleneck.

You --like so many other gamers-- have been taught that gaming performance is measured by a single number: GPU clock speed. That's incorrect. Beyond the fact that things like memory bandwidth, memory clocks, and the number of shaders have as much impact on GPU performance as raw clockspeed. However, the CPU, cache, memory and memory manager also have strong impacts on performance, and you're ignoring all of those.

Your first lesson: MMO's use far more CPU than FPS games. If you OCed your GPU and saw no FPS improvement, it should have immediately told you that your CPU/Memory was the thing that was holding you back.

Again, this reinforces what I said above. The reasons that laptops have thermal issues with MMOs (more than other games) is because few laptops are designed to handle the thermal output of both a loaded GPU and a loaded CPU. The unique feature of the Fleet is the number of players within render range, and for each of those people, the CPU has to load textures, calculate animations, do range/collision checks, and keep updating statistics. Raids of 16 people still involve a lot of CPU work (more than standard quests) because of the amount of action occurring.

You still haven't listed the specs for your laptop (that I've seen). I suspect you have a CPU that is a few generations old. Note that a Core 2 running at 2.8GHz is not even close to the performance of an Ivy Bridge CPU running at 3.0GHz. Also, note that mobile CPUs underperform their desktop equivalents.

A long time ago Bioware added some optimization to get fewer updates from players not in combat, but Fleet still has a ton of CPU work to do. They also changed animations to load "lower resolution" versions for distant objects. Textures for distant models or even for facets that are not "pointed" at the camera often load lower quality versions. That means less loading work, which translates into lower CPU usage, and lower heat production.

So.. You're saying that when there were no calculations to run, your GPU would be fully utilized... and when there were game calculations to run, your GPU was under-utilized. Again, this should have immediately signaled to you that your issue is your CPU. (Memory is also possible, but far less common).

TL;DR: Your understanding of game resource analysis is wrong/outdated. You only seem to look at GPU. That's insufficient. Check your CPU.

Edited by Malastare

I'd like to say a few words after coming back after 1+ year.

Why did we leave in the first place?

Beta/Early Access player here.

I started with 2 friends. One could never install the game. Got errors saying his computer was compatible. Couldn't even install it. His computer was better than mine. I was on a 5 year old laptop and it ran really well. So, down 1 friend. The other was in a... well, i'd say hardcore WoW raiding guild, but.... ok, so he'd raid like 20 hours a week and they never made progress. That's not casual, but not getting anywhere it's hardcore either. Well, we had fun. After beta and early access with the same toon (IP-O) I got a little tired of it (upper 30s) and switched to SIS, loved it. Loved Ashara. Love Xalek.... but he was bugged. Damn it. We hit top level, started to do those hard dailies, was a nice combo. Started leveling a Merc, LOVED IT. After a few months, stuff was going on with work, travel etc so i had to scoot out for a couple months. I came back to a merger... my server (Juugo) merged into something else. I lost all but one of my names. That... killed it. Completely halted my desire to play. It was both the merger and the loss of names. It's like, the community was gone. My account identity was gone.

I came back again for F2P and it was crap, 2 friends (the original with the inability to install) and another, i came back for them and did some F2P, but the limitations (and only unlocking one of my transferred toons) really caused me to not really get into it. They didn't stick around long, and so I wasn't overly concerned and left again.

Signed back up (cuz I really did love this game) with the "holiday" and did a real sub (2 months) and WOW. Loving it. Same as it ever was, my Sorc still owns warzones, Xalek seems to be stronger (not bugged anymore? ), a lot more options. I had a ton of credits, so no need for cartel credits, I unlocked all races for my legacy for 300K, all items you can get there are on the GTN, so that is great. Dyes? Space battle PVP? A ton more "orange" gear? Pets? Mounts?? I love it. I missed my ***** of a Sorcerer. My "Omar Little" Merc clone is junk now, cuz what's the point of a light side Bounty Hunter, if not for the RP and that was ruined with the name change. Otherwise... glad to be back.

Let me guess, don't like it dont play it?

And i'm not paying for it, my parents are, i cant afford it when i'm sitting in my basement with no job eating pizza 24/7.

Anyway, whether i like the game or not i can still voice my opinion about it, you're not going to scare me off tbh. Don't like my opinion? Don't read it.

Well, in my vocabulary there still is a wide difference between not liking an aspect of a game and calling the entire game "garbage".

I do play games, that I dislike aspects of (like SWTOR), but I wouldn't play a game which I do consider to be total garbage (like WoW).

And of course you may voice your opinion... but calling a game "garbage" is not constructive and will lead nowhere constructive. In order for things to improve, doomsaying is no way.

Beta/Early Access player here.

I started with 2 friends. One could never install the game. Got errors saying his computer was compatible. Couldn't even install it. His computer was better than mine. I was on a 5 year old laptop and it ran really well. So, down 1 friend. The other was in a... well, i'd say hardcore WoW raiding guild, but.... ok, so he'd raid like 20 hours a week and they never made progress. That's not casual, but not getting anywhere it's hardcore either. Well, we had fun. After beta and early access with the same toon (IP-O) I got a little tired of it (upper 30s) and switched to SIS, loved it. Loved Ashara. Love Xalek.... but he was bugged. Damn it. We hit top level, started to do those hard dailies, was a nice combo. Started leveling a Merc, LOVED IT. After a few months, stuff was going on with work, travel etc so i had to scoot out for a couple months. I came back to a merger... my server (Juugo) merged into something else. I lost all but one of my names. That... killed it. Completely halted my desire to play. It was both the merger and the loss of names. It's like, the community was gone. My account identity was gone.

I came back again for F2P and it was crap, 2 friends (the original with the inability to install) and another, i came back for them and did some F2P, but the limitations (and only unlocking one of my transferred toons) really caused me to not really get into it. They didn't stick around long, and so I wasn't overly concerned and left again.

Signed back up (cuz I really did love this game) with the "holiday" and did a real sub (2 months) and WOW. Loving it. Same as it ever was, my Sorc still owns warzones, Xalek seems to be stronger (not bugged anymore? ), a lot more options. I had a ton of credits, so no need for cartel credits, I unlocked all races for my legacy for 300K, all items you can get there are on the GTN, so that is great. Dyes? Space battle PVP? A ton more "orange" gear? Pets? Mounts?? I love it. I missed my ***** of a Sorcerer. My "Omar Little" Merc clone is junk now, cuz what's the point of a light side Bounty Hunter, if not for the RP and that was ruined with the name change. Otherwise... glad to be back.

Welcome back, glad you like the game.

To answer the thread title I think most of us left for different reasons.

Me personally it was due to my RL friend and the people we played wow with sorta being jerks. He and I rolled on a server and told the folks we played with in wow the server name. They were frikkin babies and cried the queue time was too long (the longest I'd had at launch on Drooga's was like 25 minutes).

So they rolled on another server to "get a feel for the game and would move when the lines got shorter". Needless to say my RL friend rolled a toon on that server to help them learn the ropes, they had more time to play than I did and naturally they levelled quickly so didn't want to move but wanted me to start over (I had hit ~39 at that point) and since I levelled slow I was not about to start over when we'd made it clear the server to roll on in the first place.

So they wouldn't switch, my RL friend tried to split his time between grouping with me and them and playing WoW with them (None of them ever cancelled their wow accounts). So a lot of the time I was playing solo. I had joined a guild but a lot of those folks left after one month or two, so when my 6 month sub was up I cancelled.

Did I enjoy the game? Yes Would I have stayed if I'd managed to find an active guild I enjoyed being in? Yes

So that was my issue, needing an active guild that could handle a casual player.

all I have to say is "quality" must be a subjective thing.

because citing guild wars 2 as an example?

heh. I mean, i know some people love it. but it runs far FAR worse than TOR on my computer, and while it is pretty, the grind is so beyond boring for me and speaking of cash grabs, don't even get me started on boxes and keys and gems etc. yeah yeah, you don't need it, except unless they fixed something since I played last - getting enough money through in game means only to afford even training is like pulling teeth.

so. meh.

SWTOR has it issues. and many of them. but contrary to popular opinions, its not so glaringly terribly worse than other offerings on a market. and give bioware credit when its due, they may be working on improvements slower then you'd like, but they ARE working on improvements. steadily.

honestly? I think its "grass is greener" issue as well as hyped up expectations that were inevitably far more then the game could realistically accomplish issue (hell, I'll freely blame many of my issues with GW2 on that, the game just didn't live up to the hype, not even remotely)

and no I don't keep playing out of patience or something and its not worthy of admiration or whatever. its a video game, its a piece of entertainment - its not a job, or family or responsibility. I play for as long as I'm having fun. nothing is keeping me here beyond that.

Edited by Jeweledleah

I left because I had a death in my family that affected my personal life and needed time to heal. I love this game and I Am very happy to be back minus the fact that my guild is being held by someone who refuses to give it back. A guild name that I have had since 2003... Edited by Lateris