Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Did they ever provide for grey or do I have to choose either light or dark?

loudent

Back at release there was some discussion over future plans for grey. just as there are items for certain light side levels or dark side levels there would be items that require levels *under that* (e.g. items that require light 1 or lower AND dark 1 or lower)

As I have a couple of characters that I'm bring through as grey I'm wondering if they ever got on that or am I hampering myself by going grey

Back at release there was some discussion over future plans for grey. just as there are items for certain light side levels or dark side levels there would be items that require levels *under that* (e.g. items that require light 1 or lower AND dark 1 or lower)

As I have a couple of characters that I'm bring through as grey I'm wondering if they ever got on that or am I hampering myself by going grey

If there were any plans for neutral toons, they abandoned them when they cut down the dev team. Lowbie relics require that you pick a side and go with it in order to get greater and greater relics. You won't see neutral relics until 50+, and then you'll get them as drops in HM flashpoints or from spending commendations.

Yeah, my grey Scoundrel was really happy when he finally dinged level 50 and could make use of a shiny relic at last. It's not really a big deal for the leveling process, but you do feel a little left out.

Pretty much this. I refuse to pick one side...as it makes for a boring story. So I end up having to grab PvP relics usually till I find PvE ones.

It doesn't matter what path you choose. If the devs had any ideas about where that system was going I have no idea what they might have been. Just like social points and legacy levels (and the legacy screen) the projects seem all but abandoned.

It doesn't matter what path you choose. If the devs had any ideas about where that system was going I have no idea what they might have been. Just like social points and legacy levels (and the legacy screen) the projects seem all but abandoned.

The Devs have ADD. :p

Yeah, it really doesn't matter. The ONLY thing that you will run into is low level relics and some low level gear that requires an alignment, but you can pull the mods out of those shells and put them in other gear. At max level, alignment means nothing.

Only other thing that matters is you do get an achievement for having full light and dark on different characters, and you get two companion ability unlocks for each one.

You could potentially go and get the MARTIX CUBE it can be assembled for low lvl player and it does not have an Aliment Prerequisite like other relics. Thats all I can think of and that's assuming you have not already done that.

• 2 months later...

I wish they would grant Grey Force Characters more options like their own kind of Force Powers and abilities, artifacts, equipment Etc. that Jolee Bindo may have learned on his own or maybe his his wife Nayama. From his wandering on the Shadowlands. His discovery of an ancient computer guarding a Star Map..." among other things. There is a wealth of a very good story/plot there. Artifacts, equipment (Robes and all), Lore Taken from Jensaarai stories, the Voss Mystics and the Grey Paladins. The planets they lived or stayed on Kashyyyk, the event on the Ukatis system. It would really make a great diversity for the game.

There are many things that could be taken and developed from this link to create another Expansion if you will http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jolee_Bindo

The Grey Side is rather overlooked / neglected and gamers left wanting.

I pray the developers will come up with something wonderful and really exciting for the Grey side players and make SWTOR (extending) game play soar into greater heights in the MOBA gameworld.

Edited by Nagaije

I wish they would grant Grey Force Characters more options like their own kind of Force Powers and abilities, artifacts, equipment Etc. that Jolee Bindo may have learned on his own or maybe his his wife Nayama. From his wandering on the Shadowlands. His discovery of an ancient computer guarding a Star Map..." among other things. There is a wealth of a very good story/plot there. Artifacts, equipment (Robes and all), Lore Taken from Jensaarai stories, the Voss Mystics and the Grey Paladins. The planets they lived or stayed on Kashyyyk, the event on the Ukatis system. It would really make a great diversity for the game.

There are many things that could be taken and developed from this link to create another Expansion if you will http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jolee_Bindo

The Grey Side is rather overlooked / neglected and gamers left wanting.

I pray the developers will come up with something wonderful and really exciting for the Grey side players and make SWTOR (extending) game play soar into greater heights in the MOBA gameworld.

There aren't even light/dark force powers in the game now, so I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

As others have said, a lot of stuff talked about pre-launch and immediately after launch have been scrapped, or at least on permanent hold.

Light/dark has no real matter in game... play however you like.

Only things it limit are some weapons (restriction easily avoided via reputation, CM or crafted shells) and leveling relics (again avoidable - THORN rep vendor have neutral relics level 25, 35, 45).

Only negative result for choosing or not may be companion affection - some credits on gifts - solved.

Edited by morfius

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.