Expertise as 50's in warzones

Seirnflow

Level 50s have more skill points, and more abilities but the most over-powered thing about being level 50 is that they have access to expertise gear which increases almost every aspect of PvP (PvP damage, damage mitigation, and PvP healing). There is no counter-measure from the bolster system and players level 1-49 are at a severe disadvantage.

This is the main reason why level 50's (at least) need to be bracketed seperately.

Or they should just turn off expertise effects for us for the moment. This is a 'first week' problem, so you could just live with it a while until most everyone is level 50 in the next couple of weeks.

Though I will point out the queues try and match 50's against 50's. For a while our server only had 4 level 50 imps, and if two of us queued separately we'd always end up on different teams, which would in an ideal world be self balancing. Though I don't care enough to grind warzone commendations the way the other 3 do.

Even then, the warzone system rewards the wrong things, which encourages people grinding for gear to do things which help their personal score but do nothing to further the victory of the warzone (and they're generally worse off if a warzone is won quickly). So they have some work to do there.

Or they should just turn off expertise effects for us for the moment. This is a 'first week' problem, so you could just live with it a while until most everyone is level 50 in the next couple of weeks.

Though I will point out the queues try and match 50's against 50's. For a while our server only had 4 level 50 imps, and if two of us queued separately we'd always end up on different teams, which would in an ideal world be self balancing. Though I don't care enough to grind warzone commendations the way the other 3 do.

Even then, the warzone system rewards the wrong things, which encourages people grinding for gear to do things which help their personal score but do nothing to further the victory of the warzone (and they're generally worse off if a warzone is won quickly). So they have some work to do there.

This isn't just a first week problem. Unless the 50's become bracketed as anyone who wants to try PVP leveling on a new character will be essentially useless versus level 50's with full expertise gear. I agree the bolster mechanic should disable the expertise for now at least.

***? 4 Level 50? Yesterday I was up against 5 50's in ONE match, with the highest on my team being a 43.

Imp's on my server have atleast 20 50's.

Level 50s have more skill points, and more abilities but the most over-powered thing about being level 50 is that they have access to expertise gear which increases almost every aspect of PvP (PvP damage, damage mitigation, and PvP healing). There is no counter-measure from the bolster system and players level 1-49 are at a severe disadvantage.

This is the main reason why level 50's (at least) need to be bracketed seperately.

I say... take your licks, level up, and earn it. Brackets are bad. BTW level 47 atm.

I'm level 50 and I am tired of having level 12 morons on my team who live by these rules:

1) Always take the ball in huttball even though I get instantly destroyed and give the ball to the other team.

2) Never pass the ball in huttball unless it's to an enemy who is standing off by himself.

3) Stand near a door in Voidstar and pretend I am defending it. When the enemy team plants a bomb on it say "What? He was stealthed!"

4) Always try to initiate fights 1v5 on Alderaan. Never wait for your team to regroup before assaulting a point. If your team is grouping up to assault a point, make sure you go somewhere else and then fight on a road at least 1 mile from the objective.

There are more, but I think you get the point.

edit: Almost forgot about "Kill the level 50!!!111!!" syndrome people have. People see a level 50 and they all gang up on them ignoring everything else. I literally had 6 people chasing me around the huttball map from end to end while my team capped THREE times. I'm an assassin tank so it wasn't so hard to run around and grab the healing pick ups and kite them around. It was great.

Edited by Hypernetic

Why should I be punished for working hard to get to 50 and having decent PvP gear. It sounds to me like you need to work harder and leveling your toon before entering too many WZ's.

Why should I be punished because you rush to LvL 50 and get an advantage of having more abilities and Expertise gear?

IMO make 50 bracket. It is their own fault for rushing it. Why should the few decide how the many should feel?

But anyway. We all know that BioWare and EA suck balls when it comes to community response and community interaction etc so this will never happen anyway how many of us who whines and QQ about it. It will never happen. Ever. They made the buff to balance this (yeh, right, up my behind).

Edited by Mamono

Expertise hardly does anything at the moment. I have about 2.8% damage and healing increase as well as damage reduction with roughly 130 Expertise. (don't know actual numbers as I'm not playing right now but I do know that my percentage isn't beyond 3).

That small increase isn't much of a boost on its own.

The system does try to put high level players with and against other high level players. The reason it doesn't always do that is because there aren't any left to match them with/against.

On Legions of Lettow as a level 50, queueing with guildmates take longer now than it did a couple of days ago.. Where it was almost instant.

I'm level 50 and I am tired of having level 12 morons on my team who live by these rules:

1) Always take the ball in huttball even though I get instantly destroyed and give the ball to the other team.

We get those players as well. I kindly tell them to uninstall. They're just ruining it for players that do try to play. Hell. I've even seen 30+ do this.

2) Never pass the ball in huttball unless it's to an enemy who is standing off by himself.

Hardly see that happen. We usually explain what to do before the game starts and hope they understand what they're supposed to do.

3) Stand near a door in Voidstar and pretend I am defending it. When the enemy team plants a bomb on it say "What? He was stealthed!"

I've actually encountered quite a few idiots that thought they were supposed to chase 1 random dude away from that door. Even had a bunch of them completely ignoring the guy arming a couple of times eventhough they were about 10 meters away.

Edited by Ricje

Should've leveled faster.

Terrible ideas. Brakets are bad. I like warzones, and want to keep doing them pre-50.

Right, but having 50's with anyone sub 50 is a big problem.

The easiest way to solve it would be having 2 brackets, 1-49 and 50's in their own area. Sure the people at 49 will still have an advantage via talents and abilities, but they won't have such a huge advantage (be it now or eventually) due to having a cranked up pvp stat that boosts everything they need to do better in pvp, especially against people without it.

If they do add brackets for 50 only it won't be for at least half a year. Last thing they wanna do is slaughter the queue times for us.

oh yea, I don't expect anything regarding pvp in this game to happen quickly, it's an afterthought and nothing more.