The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware please add a guild ship for our guild

CobraGuru

Hi,

I think I won't be the only one that think that something is missing in swtor.

In lots of mmo, guilds have a house, a hall, a place whatever it is called, for their members to be together to have access to all consoles, etc in one place.

I think in swtor it could be a cruiser ship stationned within the imperial fleet.

I would like to have a place like this for all guild members to be able to be together in one place, to have access to banks, to priority terminal, etc.

Please bioware do it for us.

While I'd find a guild ship a fun idea, I wouldn't want it to have all the things you find on the fleet. The fleet would become a ghost town. Things like the GTN, class trainers, proff trainers, PvP terminal, etc, should be in a public zone. Things like a guild bank, training dummies, mailbox, some vendors and perhaps a ship terminal to dock at, would be nice.

But I'd hate to see everyone with a guild holed up on their own guild ship. The Fleet isn't even terribly busy as it is now :p

I agree I was not saying all but like the priority terminal to grab the weekly event - ops

or a priority terminal for wz in order for the pvp team inside the guild to meet and start together from the ship's guild

the best would be able to have room to rest, etc like a real fleet ship ;)

Hey.

I thought I would share my thoughts on this:

I think guild ships would be a fantastic idea like if you were doing guild events you could use the ship to get to planets and such but that is more for the aspect of role-playing.

Another thing that could be added is a section of the guild ship has an area with a row of all the phased classes which is an access point to your own ship, however this means on your ship you have an access point to the guild ship directly from your own ship.

As for having terminals inside the ship to pick up daily quests and such I would be against that it removes the social aspect of the game even more as it is, there isn't even a place where people hang out and duel and just chat and stuff.

In closing theres loads of things that could be done with guild ships good things and possible bad things but If they ever bring in guild ships I'd like to think that it would only good things would come from it.

- Shino

This has been in the rumor mill ever since old SWG players were wondering about housing during pre-launch. I was one of those guys. I agree, this is a great idea. Also agree it shouldn't have some of the things that fleet does.

Things guild ship SHOULD have:

Trainers

Training Dummies

Commons (place to hang out / meet up)

Hanger Bays

Crew Skills Vendor

Mail Box

Guild Bank

Bank

Terminals for picking up/dropping off PVP, Operation, and FP quests

Maybe allow an unlock for a few mil creds to get a Droid vender like on personal ships.

A guild achievement trophy case, or decorations from content completed by guild.

(for example, The Head of an OP boss on a stake) ideas are endless on this one.

This trophy case could also include pvp achievements and would give guilds bragging rights and something to show physically for it other than title/gear.

Lastly, A dueling area.

Things guild ships SHOULD NOT have

FP/OP entrances (though being able to go from guild ship directly to any operation would be awesomely RP)

Skill Trainers

End Game Armor Vendors

GTN (though this could be one of the "unlockables" for an insane amount of credits.)

A droid that talks too much (if you've ever been on the FURY you know what i mean, it won't shut up)

There are more but these are the ones that came to mind in the first few moments of thinking about it.

Just my thoughts and my opinion nothing more, any variation of this and i would be happy so long as guild ship was still in the picture.

Lastly, OFF TOPIC, but can we get someone to turn the cantina area of fleet into a imp v imp or pub v pub arena to give us crafters and those of us waiting on ques something to watch. It could be hilariously entertaining.

This has been in the rumor mill ever since old SWG players were wondering about housing during pre-launch. I was one of those guys. I agree, this is a great idea. Also agree it shouldn't have some of the things that fleet does.

Things guild ship SHOULD have:

Trainers

Training Dummies

Commons (place to hang out / meet up)

Hanger Bays

Crew Skills Vendor

Mail Box

Guild Bank

Bank

Terminals for picking up/dropping off PVP, Operation, and FP quests

Maybe allow an unlock for a few mil creds to get a Droid vender like on personal ships.

A guild achievement trophy case, or decorations from content completed by guild.

(for example, The Head of an OP boss on a stake) ideas are endless on this one.

This trophy case could also include pvp achievements and would give guilds bragging rights and something to show physically for it other than title/gear.

Lastly, A dueling area.

Things guild ships SHOULD NOT have

FP/OP entrances (though being able to go from guild ship directly to any operation would be awesomely RP)

Skill Trainers

End Game Armor Vendors

GTN (though this could be one of the "unlockables" for an insane amount of credits.)

A droid that talks too much (if you've ever been on the FURY you know what i mean, it won't shut up)

There are more but these are the ones that came to mind in the first few moments of thinking about it.

Just my thoughts and my opinion nothing more, any variation of this and i would be happy so long as guild ship was still in the picture.

Lastly, OFF TOPIC, but can we get someone to turn the cantina area of fleet into a imp v imp or pub v pub arena to give us crafters and those of us waiting on ques something to watch. It could be hilariously entertaining.

Oh yeah very good idea to have trophies room or something like that whith the head of ops mob :)

We need everyone to make pressure on Bioware in order to get this feature soon.

We need improvement in game and not only new planet, new missions. We need characters, social life improvement ingame :)

• 2 weeks later...
Besides guild mothership, we should have a legacy mothership for all our alts in the same galaxy. And perhaps, instead of buying, we are required to gather/buy/loot parts to build the mothership. This added another layer of challenges to complete to build the mothership. Those who have played Eve Online will know what I meant by collecting different parts and resources to build a spaceship.

• 4 weeks later...
May I suggest just one feature that would be great to have on a guild fleet ship? Good, then lets be able to sit down and play a game of Pazaac with guild members. Sometimes your simply waiting for members to log on for an ops run and this would be a great way to pass the time.

You all know they are coming? BW/EA will make a killing on the CM with guild ships and they know it. This game is all about the money they can get over subs. As it is they have not added anything new for crafting cause they are greedy.

That's not really how the CM works, more then likely, were they to add guild ships, and include the CM, they'd give Guilds a stock ship, modeled after the interiors of Imp and Pub ships seen in game, then, they'd have CM Cosmetic Alternate skins, for a Czerka ship, a Hutt ship, etc, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

A Guild Ship is a great idea and have had this talk many times with my guild members. The more ideas for it I see the more I would love to see it added to game. Here are a few of my own ideas on it,

1: The Guild leader buys a base model ship via a tab in the guild bank (set price for it), using credits from the guild bank. This would then allow guild members to claim a bound token from the guild bank that allows them to quick travel to guild ship (no cool down please). With the number of planets these ships could be located in orbit above different ones allowing the guild leader to pick what planet they wanted to orbit. (permanent location of ship)

2: When guild members arrive on the ship there is a NPC that gives quest to complete, these quest are open when the guild leader starts a build. A set number of quest must be completed before the build can be finished. Rewards for the quest could be about anything, exp, gear, mats, etc.

3: The builds for the guild leader to pick would be for different trainers and areas on ship that allow for schematics for crafting that are only available via a guild ship, as well as crafting materials for those items. A game room would be a cool addition that allows members to challenge each other or just sit and relax.

4: For each build there would need to be set materials needed. The materials for being able to build would have to be farmed and turned into the NPC as a separate holding, or deducted when turned in so guild members would know what was left to get.

5: Guild events on ship that would allow the guild to all partake, maybe some type of flashpoint or op. Another option is a mass event that allows the guild to host an event that is open to the server for a small preset donation to the guild, (may have to set a limit to the number of people able to join due to server lag). Exp would be given to all that partake as well as rewards. Weekly quest for the event would be nice as well. If a mass event was hosted then the entrance to the guild ship would be located on the planet it is orbiting, Such as a mission terminal that has a list of the guild ships located in orbit.

Leaving other items off the guild ship such as the normal mission terminals, class trainers, FP an Ops entrance, would keep Fleet alive.

Allowing the same items you can have on your personal ship, personal cargo hold, guild bank, GTN, mail box, etc.

Being able to get to the guild ship from your personal ship would be tricky do to people switching guilds, maybe a different terminal that allows you to travel to your guild ship if your guild has one.

There are a lot of other great ideas that I have looked at in forums. They are not my own so I will not relist them.

I feel that a guild ship would help guilds work together, and would also be a good way to break up the daily grind of the game.

While I'd find a guild ship a fun idea, I wouldn't want it to have all the things you find on the fleet. The fleet would become a ghost town. Things like the GTN, class trainers, proff trainers, PvP terminal, etc, should be in a public zone. Things like a guild bank, training dummies, mailbox, some vendors and perhaps a ship terminal to dock at, would be nice.

But I'd hate to see everyone with a guild holed up on their own guild ship. The Fleet isn't even terribly busy as it is now :p

Honestly a GTN Terminal and Class Trainers would not hurt to be on said Guild Ship. Since you can unlock a GTN Terminal for your own ship and purchase Holographic Class Trainers.

As for the Fleet. Im not sure what Server youre on. But on Jedi Covenant Im shocked to see Fleet with anything less then 130 players. Its a lagfest and difficult to go about your business when youre there. I actually go down to the Cartel Hanger to do business because its less laggy down there compared to everywhere else on Fleet.

I seriously doubt Guild Ships would make that much of a large impact on Fleet activity considering that youd still have to go to Fleet for PvP/Ops/FPs, Crafting Trainers, Basic, Classic, Elite and Ultimate Vendors, PvP Vendors and looking for PuGs.

What Guild Ships would do is create a gathering place for Guilds themselves. Establish a secondary location to mingle/place items on the GTN, a lauchpad for Guild Events and for those organized enough to have Guild Meetings. It would lighten the load on Fleet and give Bioware the opportunity to establish new content that would promote and establish Guilds as the Community building hubs that they are.

I would spend so much money for a guild capital ship. Not that I want it to be a direct purchase... but if you could spend a crazy amount of credits I would buy hypercrates and sell them off along with my soul so my guild could buy the biggest and baddest capital ship.

As for the Fleet. Im not sure what Server youre on. But on Jedi Covenant Im shocked to see Fleet with anything less then 130 players. Its a lagfest and difficult to go about your business when youre there. I actually go down to the Cartel Hanger to do business because its less laggy down there compared to everywhere else on Fleet.

We average 172 (I've seen as many as 4 instances) ppl per instance on The Harbinger up on the Fleet.. if your Fleet is dead you should consider changing servers.. a bit pricey per character though. Also a lagfest here, more so than Jedi Covenant as that was my old server, which I left due to Jedi Covenants fluctuating population.