@Bioware: Stop taking your player base for granted.

Hazed

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20131118

Not saying they communicate enough. Enough is never achieved in MMO communications IMO.

Ok, yeah, there's that one. I'm thinking of the ones where we got to ask questions of the developers and then got answers back. Of course, Mr. Hood's one didn't go to well. We asked about SGRA content and people came in and yelled at us for asking about story content... of one of the writers... and then people asked about PvP balance... yeah...

I think Ms. Sky got two blog posts, didn't she?

Ok, yeah, there's that one. I'm thinking of the ones where we got to ask questions of the developers and then got answers back. Of course, Mr. Hood's one didn't go to well. We asked about SGRA content and people came in and yelled at us for asking about story content... of one of the writers... and then people asked about PvP balance... yeah...

I think Ms. Sky got two blog posts, didn't she?

Well, when we got the community Q&A, people got mad that their "totally important question" was not picked (usually because they asked about something totally ridiculous or about something that the Q&A was not meant for, but explain that to them), etc...

Well, when we got the community Q&A, people got mad that their "totally important question" was not picked (usually because they asked about something totally ridiculous or about something that the Q&A was not meant for, but explain that to them), etc...

Oh god I remember the old Q&As, lore questions (which is fair), questions that could be easily googled (not fair), five questions answered (um?) and lots of "We can't talk about this, but soon! Yay!"

We asked for better Q&As and the scrapped Q&As, in favour of... Developer Blogs! And then they scrapped the Q&A sections from those as well. And their pub crawls? How are those useful if there's no information coming out of them? We can't even get cliff notes?

Ah, OP. Still trying to work your magic I see... with the cut and paste a new engine in tow. Yeah, most of us familiar with your work know you changed "cut and paste" to "scrap it." Lol.

So, first and foremost, you don't speak for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not above criticism of the game. And good discussion and valid arguments can be made about things that can be improved, but you don't speak for me. It would have been better to state your case as yours and let the thread begin that way.

Beyond that, I know your history. Yup, I've seen your recriminations and fantastic hyperbole (don't make me bring it up) against BW, so I have to take everything in your OP with a truck of salt. But I will participate with others to see where this goes as it is always interesting.

But before we go down the rabbit hole again, I would like to know what you Redacted and Reserved right off the bat. Come on... let's see it.

Stop giving me free money from Class action suits by doing exactly what your doing here.. I mean its nice to get fat checks in the mail because of your negligence/incompetence, but at one point or another your going to have to change your policies.. because this kind of crap is what has destroyed both investor and consumer confidence in your company.

I find it highly dubious that you've ever gotten any money from BioWare.

I will simply let your boss know how I feel with my wallet from here on out.

Kinda made my decision after playing GSF, but I was still willing to keep paying my sub on the off chance that something good happens around here.

]

You are definitely showing them with your wallet right there!

Edit: fail I misread. >.<

Edited by ninjonxb

I find it highly dubious that you've ever gotten any money from BioWare.

By his own admission, all he did was opt-in on a class action lawsuit. ;)

http://www.classactionrebates.com/settlements/ea-sports/

As is true with all class actions on consumer products for anti-trust claims.. the only people that get wealthy are the lawyers. :p

Edited by Andryah

EA class action suit

can't discuss details but it had to do with Madden

You opted in to a class action lawsuit that will amount to pennies. It doesn't even have anything to do with this game or the company in charge of development (bioware).

Your hyperbole is epic.

(I'm pretty sure this guy fooled us. No way this is real.)

Edited by Arkerus

I mean, my god, I tweeted Alexander Freed this afternoon about SCORPIO and got a full set of, like, five tweets back from him about her design. If I'd asked Mr. Musco for that I never would have heard a word. Ever. At all. Forever.

So you're telling me the guy who created a character knows more about her than a guy who doesn't actually work on the game, just talks to the devs and players and relays stuff between them?

Shocking.

Companion 101's were boring metagaming crap anyway, I'd rather learn about the companion in-game, thanks.

Communication could be better sure but it's a lot better right now than it was at this time a year ago, or even like 7 months ago.

Edited by Stncold

I can think of one MMO where a sudden engine change occurred. Everquest implemented a brand new engine with its SoL expansion, nearly 3 years after launch.

correct

also Age of Conan

http://www.ageofconan.com/news/dreamworld_engine_upgrade

and of course Final Fantasy 14

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/02/final-fantasy-14-yoshidas-crazy-mmo-reboot/

revamps can happen, the question is will they happen to this game

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

Age of Conan

In that case it hurt more than it helped, and the old engine wasn't that great to begin with.

Good ol Funcom and their silliness, that new engine came out and my FPS dropped by an average of like 10-15 that day for good.

Edited by Stncold

correct

als,o Age of Conan

http://www.ageofconan.com/news/dreamworld_engine_upgrade

and of course Final Fantasy 14

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/02/final-fantasy-14-yoshidas-crazy-mmo-reboot/

revamps can happen, the question is will they happen to this game

Those are upgrades to the existing engine. That's not a complete rewrite. That's completely different than what the armchair warriors in the forums are asking for.

Anyone asking for a new engine is simply being obtuse.

You opted in to a class action lawsuit that will amount to pennies. It doesn't even have anything to do with this game or the company in charge of development (bioware).

Your hyperbole is epic.

(I'm pretty sure this guy fooled us. No way this is real.)

FYI the suit is over and payments have been made and I can assure you it was more than pennies.

FYI the suit is over and payments have been made and I can assure you it was more than pennies.

btw if anyone around here was a part of that class and did not receive their check -you most likely discarded it as it the size of a postcard and could easily be dismissed or lost in local junk mail.

Rather then play hide the peanut......

Case Name: Pecover v. Electronic Arts, Case No. 08-cv-02820 CW.

Case Summary: The Plaintiffs sued the Electronic Arts for violating Federal and state law, most notably antitrust laws, by signing exclusive licensing deals with the NFL, NFLPA, AFL, NCCA, and ESPN and thus creating a monopoly over branded football video games and allowing them to charge higher prices than if there was competition.

We feel sorry for EA on this one. Congress enacted the antitrust laws to stop the railway barons, and utility companies from exploiting consumers with monopolies over things necessary for daily life. We don’t think Madden ’07 and other football simulations fits squarely in that category. We do however think of this as karmic retribution on EA for ruining SimCity and Command & Conquer, and their sucktastic DRM

Class Eligibility: The settlement covers copies of Electronic Arts (EA) Madden NFL, NCCAA Football, or Arena Football for Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2 (PS2), Playstation 3 (PS3), Gamecube, PC, or Wii bought new in the United States between January 1, 2005 and June 21, 2012.

Estimated Amount:

$20.37 per game on Microsoft Xbox, Sony Playstation 2, PC, or Nintendo Gamecube (Sixth Generation Purchasers) up to a maximum of $162.96 (8 games).

$5.85 per game on Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony Playstation 3, PC, or Nintendo Wii (Seventh Generation Purchasers) up to a maximum of $46.80 (8 games).

Note that if the claim pool of $27 million is exhausted, then the value of payments will be reduced pro-rata.

Source: http://www.classactionrebates.com/settlements/ea-sports/

The lawyers.... which are what class action suits are REALLY driven by and about: $9 Million :)

Sorry to be a buzzkill. :p

Edited by Andryah

Rather then play hide the peanut......

Source: http://www.classactionrebates.com/settlements/ea-sports/

The lawyers.... which are what class action suits are REALLY driven by and about: $9 Million :)

Sorry to be a buzzkill. :p

Well I received quite a bit more than is quoted there.. maybe a bunch of people never filed the appropriate forms?

either way I will post a scan of the check as proof that the amount your talking about is completely off the mark

They gave me closer to $200.00

and yeah I consider that a fat check because well $200.00 buys a lot

Well I received quite a bit more than is quoted there.. maybe a bunch of people never filed the appropriate forms?

either way I will post a scan of the check as proof that the amount your talking about is completely off the mark

yep, it buys you....not even half of an XBOX One/PS4.

yep, it buys you....not even half of an XBOX One/PS4.

definitely pays for a year of sub time to SWToR

at least 3 next gen titles if I cared for next gen consoles

it buys me 3 120gig SSD's on sale

it buys a decent graphics card

could get 10 2 for $20's at applesbees

or 20 $10 meals at TGI fridays

can fill my gas tank almost 4 times

Pays one month electric bill

it also gets ~200 Magic the gathering online tickets

200 99cent burgers

Can buy ~ oz of medical maryj

40 foot long subs

it buys a disney princess castle (after coupon)

it buys 10 New Blu Ray movies

it buys 40 old blue ray movies

can get almost 5 shares of twitter

you can get 200 $1.00 bills to throw at people (if your into that stuff)

you can get a full size matress for 200

you can also get 200+ drinks from a vending machine

200 bucks can get you ~ 3 large textbooks

or it can also get you 20 regular books

200 bucks feeds a kid for 10 months: http://www.feedthechildren.org/site/PageServer?pagename=dotorg_homepage

Because you claimed every game regardless of whether you had it or not. Now who is scamming who?

Careful with that money, it might go to your head. Fat checks...lol.

And they keep coming huh?

Well this thread has pretty much run its course.

Edited by Arkerus

Because you claimed every game regardless of whether you had it or not. Now who is scamming who?

Careful with that money, it might go to your head. Fat checks...lol.

And they keep coming huh?

Well this thread has pretty much run its course.

Yeah EA is about to pay off my mortgage.. I am happy taking my profits off the table just in time for the holidays and $23 bucks a share is a great price to unload a toxic stock.

btw To any EA execs reading this.. the problem you have is that your lackeys are way to ignorant to be doing the job they are doing. I would have continued to invest in your company and buy your products if it wasn't for the sheer number of morons you have employed over the last 5 years.

I will happily buy your shares again when they hit $11.00, if and only "if" you come clean on your balance sheet and show everyone how much money FIFA makes for you..