Purchase Cartel Coins In-Game – Now Live!

CourtneyWoods

Just bought the 5500; worked just fine. As far as the CC goes, you can use a bank debit card. Anyone who has a checking account should have one of those. If not, you need a better bank :o

Clarification: the newer bank cards work fine with the in-game purchase. Ones older than 2 years don't.* Make sure your debit/interaq card has "Visa "Mastercard" on it.

*And if your bank charges you for getting a new bank card then you need a new bank.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure

Aye, he does mention error 9, but the transaction with error 9 appears to have been refunded. I wanted to double-check if he got the same error for the other 2 transactions.

Error 9 is being worked on, but I want to make doubly sure that any other CC purchase issues are also caught, if this is a separate one.

This is crap. I don't buy cartel coins because I am a subscriber and get enough each month to buy the few petty things I want. But I am not going to make 2 purchase just to get 50% off the second one. Super lame Bioware, I will not be giving you any more money other than my sub. :mad:

What a diss of subscribers!

Tell me Bioware , how far and how long you want your subscribers actually still alienate ?

You do not believe seriously that you get my credit card information !

Whats wrong with you ?

I have already several times , to ensure as many others here also purchased Cartel Coins via Paypal and suddenly I shall give you my credit card details to buy in-game ?

And the height of impudence is then also that the 50 % savings for subscribers only valid for in-game purchase , for which those who have not been purchased through credit card, but must first of all have additionally spend money on website to look at all of the to get 50 % savings.

Honestly, since you surely not very close !

I'm one of those who already did a CC purchase using the credi card, but still can't enable the in game cc purchase without doing another purchase...

For the sake of debug, I just noticed this: I did my last purchase using credit card in march 2013, then unsubbed for the summar vaction (and deleted my credit card from the account) and then readded it when I resubbed in september. Could the problem be that when you delete and then re-add the same credit card the system "forgets" about your previous purchase?

:rak_02:

I'm one of those who already did a CC purchase using the credi card, but still can't enable the in game cc purchase without doing another purchase...

For the sake of debug, I just noticed this: I did my last purchase using credit card in march 2013, then unsubbed for the summar vaction (and deleted my credit card from the account) and then readded it when I resubbed in september. Could the problem be that when you delete and then re-add the same credit card the system "forgets" about your previous purchase?

:rak_02:

In a word, yes. When you delete an entry (and they have unique identifying numbers, and unique data that is generated - and not based on your input) from a database, it is gone forever. Even if you make a new entry with the same information as before, it is still a new entry. I assume that the reason for the purchase on the website is to "validate" the card's information, and that it works for that particular type of transaction (an OTP rather than a Sub). So, when that is done, it sets a flag in that entry (or query table) that says it's "valid." So then, when you "activate" the in-game feature, it checks for the "valid" flag, and sets another allowing the game to essentially use copies of previous transaction details (esp. the transaction description -- the words you see on your statement), but with varying amounts reflecting your purchases.

I imagine that the in-game purchase feature is very limited as to what it can actually do. So, that is why there are so many people experiencing difficulties with this. Truthfully, I'm a bit hesitant to try this thing out until these bugs are worked out. But, for all I know, I could be one of the lucky ones that this will work without a problem.

----

Good thing we have until the end of the month to avail ourselves to this 50% offer, and to allow Bioware to address any issues that people are experiencing. But, I think it's important to point out that it is an offer, with stipulations attached that is up to the buyer to accept -- mostly as a loyalty incentive. So you/I/we don't have to accept the offer. It's not going to hurt the overall gaming experience, right?. Also, it's not exactly a like-for-like BOGO1/2off deal either: you could just buy the $4.99 cartel coins thing and then buy the $39.99 one in-game for 1/2 off. ~ $25.00 later with 5950 CCs added to your wallet, and you're done. Sounds like a good deal to me if you are one to buy CCs.

Edited by PifferPuff

So this method is directed at the big Cartel Coin spenders only? I was thinking of making one purchase to take advantage of the deal, but there is no way that I'm spending additional money on the website beforehand just so I can use this feature. :(

Agreed. Was thinking exactly the same.

So, decided I wanted to take advantage of the in game purchase with the 50% of your first in game cartel coin purchase. Went to go do it in game, and told me I had to enable it on the website... ok, fine.

Went to the site, clicked on the enable button and it popped up that I had to purchase coins first on the site before I could enable it. First off, why?! I've purchased plenty in the past and now I'm being forced to make another purchase? So, I did so... figured I was going to spend the cash anyway, right?

Anyway, after I purchased the coins, I went to click the enable button and guess what? Just popped up that I needed to make a purchase still! Tried logging out, logging back in and same thing. Went in game and all it did was pop up the website to "enable", where it still says I have to make a purchase. :confused:

So I added $20 worth of cartel coins today, totally missing the news and now I missed out on the 50% off? That's just great.

Only got 2400 coins, looking at the $20 options in game and they're showing 5,500 coins for $20,

The 50% off is a one-time transaction and that's if you have previously made a credit card purchase through their website. It's not a general sale on all purchases.

Yes, I know that... but it only applies if you purchase it through ingame and I have that option. But I didn't see the news of that till after I purchased it through the website... leaving myself shafted out of the promotion as I don't have another $20 to put down. Edited by Liquid_Zero

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I've made a total of 3 purchases since this whole thing started and when I hit enable, it wants me to buy more from the website. I was under the impression that if you haven't made a purchase before, that you need to make one to enable the in-game deal.

Exact same thing happened to me last night. I even put in a ticket regarding that issue, and I'm still not getting anywhere.