Get rid of Cyborgs!

Telos

there is no reason to have a Cyborg race. none. all current cyborg characters should be reverted to regular human, and the cybernetics should be available to all races at character creation.

Bite your lip! That's the only race I play! To counter your logic, there is absolutely no reason to take them out.

there is no reason to have a Cyborg race. none. all current cyborg characters should be reverted to regular human, and the cybernetics should be available to all races at character creation.

I agree on this one, and there been a few suggestions about since early days- the cyborg "species" is just.. well nothing, give all species cybernetics as it should be in the Star Wars Mythos.

Edited by eclipce

Excuse me? That is the race of my Merc. Who are you to tell me their is no reason to have them. Oh and care to elaborate on why they need to be removed? If not then I highly suggest you take this and shove it where the sun don't shine ;)

I also think Cyborg should NOT be a race. They are just living creatures with technology implants. My dog is a Cyborg.

So if I'm a Chiss and lose an eye and get an implant aren't I now a Cyborg?

The Cyborg stuff should be a cosmetic option available to every race either at creation or through the CM and definitely NOT their own species/race.

I also don't think Miralukan should not be a race as any Force-sensitive could also carve out their eyes and where a mask. This should also be a cosmetic option. I can let the Miralukans slide but they Cyborgs have to go.

Edited by PetFish

Though I do agree it makes NO SENSE at all what the OP suggests, when it comes to getting rid of the Cyborg race, it's true that the implementation behind the race itself was just silly.

There are PLENTY of moments in the game where you see other races, from Chiss to Twi'lek, using Cyborg implants.

I also don't think Miralukan should not be a race as any Force-sensitive could also carve out their eyes and where a mask. This should also be a cosmetic option.

Sorry, but the Miraluka have been part of Star Wars since August 2, 1994 and have been named as such on September 1, 1994. (Tales of the Jedi: The Freedon Nadd Uprising 1 and 2 respectively).

You can't just barge in here after 9 years and claim you finally have seen them for the frauds that they are. Branding them as sick humans who removed their own eyes with spoons just to wear a mask as a fashion statement.

They are a near-human sentient race and should be treated as such.

Edited by Little_Judas
Forgot a capital letter.

I know what you mean, and allowing the cyborg parts to be applied to all the races seems to be the best idea, Bao'Dur anyone.

I totally agree. It doesn't make any sense to have humans with cybernetic implants be a separate species. What should be done (or what should've been done) is have cybernetic implants as a customization option for all/most/some of the races. However, should they implement such a change in the future, it needs to be when they're adding another race to the game.

I agree 100%. Cyborgs are not born, so why the hell are they restricted to human????? Anyone can be augmented with cybernetics, making them cyborg. Hell, Malak was a cyborg, General Grievous was cyborg, take away this ridicules restriction.

This is obviously a thread created just because the OP doesn't like a particular race.

No one is forcing you to play it, so don't there is no reason to take them out.

disagree with ye on this one, tho I don't know the intentions of the OP but the it does not change the fact that BioWare messes up Cyborgs as a "species".. well humans with some tech parts on their faces only.. stuff like this is quite high on "paper cut" lists.

Sorry, but the Miraluka have been part of Star Wars since August 2, 1994 and have been named as such on September 1, 1994. (Tales of the Jedi: The Freedon Nadd Uprising 1 and 2 respectively).

You can't just barge in here after 9 years and claim you finally have seen them for the frauds that they are. Branding them as sick humans who removed their own eyes with spoons just to wear a mask as a fashion statement.

They are a near-human sentient race and should be treated as such.

Maybe they used sporks?

To the OP, I'm in agreement that cyborgs aren't technically a race. However, if they made this change, (somewhat doubt they would, unless way down the road.) they should give a free race-change to current cyborg characters so that we can make them any race we like and then add the implants back in.

Edited by GatorAndy

Bunch of racists in this thread. They don't know what it's like to cruise around the galaxy as a cyborg, being treated as a second class citizen. Sometimes, my eye scanner just automatically activates, I have no control over it sometimes. Then people get all wierded out, start calling the police, then i have to kill them all. It's just so embarrassing.

It's tough being a cyborg in today's galaxy. But there's no other race I'd rather be. Some say that I'm just a human, but I'm here to tell you, I'M MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN, and if you don't agree with that, well then my cybernetically enhanced eyebrows and cheek wire implants will show the error of your ways.

Technically, none of the "races" in the game are races, they're species.

Technically, devs have stated they are "species" and that they want them to be called "species".

(It was back during a live stream before launch).

Back on the subject, Cyborg isn't a specie. The difference between a Human and a Cyborg isn't much different than the difference between a blond-haired and a red-haired.

In addition, I don't see any plausible reason why the customisation couldn't be adapted to other species... maybe aside Pureblood Siths who the to have these weird things growing on eyebrows and chin, where implans are used to be. Just do some exclusions on eye implants for Miralukas, and ear emplants for Twi'leks (females do not have human-like ears) and that should be fine.

Edited by Altheran

You all have it wrong! a Cyborg isn't a human with a few bits of tech installed, a Cyborg is a machine made to look like a human.

Think Terminator. There's absolutely no way you would call that human, even dogs go nuts when one is around.

Edited by Glowrod

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.