Commando Changes Brainstorming

EricMusco

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm loving my commando atm; I just love out-healing ops, sorcs, and etc.

Tbh, the commando class only needs a few minor improvements since they're at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to healing, but if you know what you're doing, the class isn't all that bad.

Make sure to master or at least get familiarized with the class before you start ************ in this thread. Don't blame the class if you suck as a player.

I'm loving my commando atm; I just love out-healing ops, sorcs, and etc.

Tbh, the commando class only needs a few minor improvements since they're at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to healing, but if you know what you're doing, the class isn't all that bad.

Make sure to master or at least get familiarized with the class before you start ************ in this thread. Don't blame the class if you suck as a player.

record it and post it :p

I don't know what are you guys smoking but i don't know if any of you checked the leader boards? ONLY ONE Commando is top 200 and pretty much at the bottom of it. Last time I checked this game it offered PVP for everyone and obviously it seems only OP class are allowed to be competitive in RWZ I really don't know what needs to be done to Commando (since I don't play one) but it would be nice to see them just as competitive as any other classes and properly balanced in PVP like any other classes I m sick and tired of seeing smash monkey being OP why not make Commando and Mercs just as OP if not more OP for once? I have been playing this since release and Commando and Mercs have always been out of reach compare to other classes in term of survivability and overall effectiveness in PVP.

I don't know what are you guys smoking but i don't know if any of you checked the leader boards? ONLY ONE Commando is top 200 and pretty much at the bottom of it. Last time I checked this game it offered PVP for everyone and obviously it seems only OP class are allowed to be competitive in RWZ I really don't know what needs to be done to Commando (since I don't play one) but it would be nice to see them just as competitive as any other classes and properly balanced in PVP like any other classes I m sick and tired of seeing smash monkey being OP why not make Commando and Mercs just as OP if not more OP for once? I have been playing this since release and Commando and Mercs have always been out of reach compare to other classes in term of survivability and overall effectiveness in PVP.

At the start of the game commandos were the op class.

Have the PVP class balance people managed to explain why Cryo (A longer CD single target stun) has a 10m range while Flash Grenade (an AoE, LONGER stun) is still 30m? Is it because they still haven't found the professionalism to stop playing favorites?

Here's my changes:

1) MAKE FULL AUTO UNINTERRUPTIBLE WHEN CoF procs. We are the ONLY channel class that doesn't get an uninterruptable channel at this point.

2) Make HtL give resistance to interrupt AND stuns.

3) Make FA give back 8 energy (or 4, or something) on a CoF crit hit.

4) GIve me back my damn SS knockback.

5) Make Advance Medical Probe instant

But just making HtL provide interrupt resistance would be plenty.

Edited by SafeJungleFever

Duran'del here:

I have an idea that would definitely balance out TP's 2 person limit and ammo cost:

-When a trauma probe activates, it gives a stack of Reactive Armor, which increases armor by 5% per stack and heals for 5% of their health when it expires. Stacks up to 4 times.

/sigh

Duran'del here:

I have an idea that would definitely balance out TP's 2 person limit and ammo cost:

-When a trauma probe activates, it gives a stack of Reactive Armor, which increases armor by 5% per stack and heals for 5% of their health when it expires. Stacks up to 4 times.

This may be the most OP thing I've ever seen on this thread, abd there have been some pretty ridiculous ones

I rarely post on forums, but if there is a chance that my voice will be hear for the commando class then I guess its worth a shot.

I feel as though commandos are fine healing in PvE, but they seem to be lacking something in PvP. I don't know how it can be improved, but a big issue seems to be mobility while maintaining healing power such as a Scoundrel.

Edited by bleedblak

Make all the heals 30-40% stronger. We lack any healing over time then give us something to shine with a nasty burstheal.

Making commando heals 30-40% stronger is too much. Commandos do have some healing over time, but it isn't effective when having to move around constantly(like PvP). Commandos tend to be the first to go because many know that once they use their 2 min CD's, they cannot survive another focused attack.

Moving around will obviously allow commandos to avoid more damage, but the loss in heals is too great. Scoundrels and Operatives are able to maintain much of their healing power while moving around. You could say the trade-off is that commandos wear heavy armor, but the armor isn't enough to justify the lack of healing power during movement.

Finally, commandos have very strong single heals, but they are not strong enough to compare to Scoundrels and Sages. Scoundrels and Sages seem to be able to have similar strength in single target heals while having much more superior AoE heals.

-Maybe Kolto Bomb can be a bit stronger and continue to apply through the duration as long as it explodes on a friendly target rather than forcing someone to be standing in the area to gain its benefits.

-Maybe Bacta infusion can be on a shorter CD?

-Maybe a certain proc mechanic will make Advanced Medical Probe instant?

-Or maybe single target heals could be a bit stronger

Making commando heals 30-40% stronger is too much. Commandos do have some healing over time, but it isn't effective when having to move around constantly(like PvP). Commandos tend to be the first to go because many know that once they use their 2 min CD's, they cannot survive another focused attack.

Moving around will obviously allow commandos to avoid more damage, but the loss in heals is too great. Scoundrels and Operatives are able to maintain much of their healing power while moving around. You could say the trade-off is that commandos wear heavy armor, but the armor isn't enough to justify the lack of healing power during movement.

Finally, commandos have very strong single heals, but they are not strong enough to compare to Scoundrels and Sages. Scoundrels and Sages seem to be able to have similar strength in single target heals while having much more superior AoE heals.

-Maybe Kolto Bomb can be a bit stronger and continue to apply through the duration as long as it explodes on a friendly target rather than forcing someone to be standing in the area to gain its benefits.

Could also do something innovative with Trauma Probe. Reactive healing is an interesting idea that is unique to the commando/merc Advanced Classes. Could also have it apply to multiple targets (although this could cause major threat problems in PvE without some sort of adjustment).

Well spoken. This made my response look bad :mad::D

Could also do something innovative with Trauma Probe. Reactive healing is an interesting idea that is unique to the commando/merc Advanced Classes. Could also have it apply to multiple targets (although this could cause major threat problems in PvE without some sort of adjustment).

This seems it could be a good idea. Maybe the procs from Trauma Probe could do something for the Commando. Allowing Trauma Probe to be on multiple targets seems great, but I feel it would just be about how early you can get them on as prep. Doing so reactively will leave the Commando ammo starved to do much more. And I completely agree with preserving the Commando's unique reactive healing style.

Now what I'm about to say may be too powerful, but hopefully there is a way to make it viable.

-Allow Hammer Shot's heal to bounce around from ally to ally up to, let's say 4 targets?

-If this is too powerful, a certain proc or using a certain ability(like Super-Charged Cells) could allow for Hammer Shot's healing to hit multiple targets.

This way a Commando will be able to do some decent AoE healing while moving around and being somewhat reactive as well. The problem I see with this is determining how far it will bounce and what to do if there is more than one Commando. 5 Commandos firing a bouncing Hammer Shot heal seems too powerful.. Maybe the target affected by the Hammer Shot heal cannot have another one on themselves for 1-2 seconds?

Edited by bleedblak