Commando Changes Brainstorming

EricMusco

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like most of the changes are nerfs, so they can keep that crap. Hope they eventually get around to eliminating the RNG in Gunnery though.

For most classes, sure. Looking over the sage changes is incredibly frustrating, though. They're getting a bunch of changes designed to address problems which are exactly the same ones we have.

I'll venture this much: if the patch ships with nothing coming our way, I'm done. My patience has its limits.

For most classes, sure. Looking over the sage changes is incredibly frustrating, though. They're getting a bunch of changes designed to address problems which are exactly the same ones we have.

I'll venture this much: if the patch ships with nothing coming our way, I'm done. My patience has its limits.

Yeah this is the most annoying part of all. All the changes we need are already in the game. So it's not like they have to come up with entirely new ideas. How hard it is to make Cell Charger work as Cell Generator does for Vanguards?

It would probably take 10 seconds to do it? Or making Curtain of Fire function as Zen Strike does for Guardians? Build stacks and finish the cooldown on Full Auto after reaching a certain number? Or how goddamn hard it is even to add a numerical display for ammo when mercenaries have had that feature for well over two years?

I'm not going to complain about damage because Assault's damage can exceed 4000 but is this Bioware's way of saying: "**** Gunnery!" ?

I'd be surprised if there's more coming for us (in 2.7). The funny thing is I was just having this conversation about leaving the game, and then they nerf Scoundrel healers (and Smashers). It's almost like they're listening, but they only have one guy working on changes...oh yeah, that's right...

Edited by SpaniardInfinity

Sorry for Merc teminology.

I hope they change the Barrage proc away from RNG to a stacking buff that is completely predictable from Tracer Missile. Like every 2 Tracer's proc Barrage.

It seems they have been changing some classes to this idea, so why not Arsenal Mercs/ Gunnery Commandos.

Why not level the entire playing field, instead of only a few specs?

Wanna fix commando? Make all of their damage abilities instant...hell make all of their abilities instant. Problem fixed. The ammo system will still be the regulator of damage and healing output.

This is probably too much. But, I think that tracer missile, unload and power shot should have interrupt protection (forgive my merc acronyms). My idea about cast is simple. In PvE enemies that cast abilities to interrupt (e.g. mass affliction), if they are not interrupted the damage they deal is massive. Is that true for commando? No. The class will still be immobile due to casting requirement, and the casting can still be interrupted by knock back and CCs, but at least we continue to perform under pressure.