Operative DPS Brainstorming

EricMusco

I personnaly don't care about cover-only abilities : concealment ops are melee toons, even more than assassins, who have very powerfull 10 meters-range attacks.

And at melee range, concealment ops just can't use their healing abilities, so these can't compensate lack of survivability. It is as simple as that.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....just more complaining before you actually even know what the buffs are....seems logical

Of course I was referring to what eric wrote in his post.... Do you actually believe that they have more buffs planned for the operative? If so and you can quote me on this: he would have said it in the mentioned post

Of course I was referring to what eric wrote in his post.... Do you actually believe that they have more buffs planned for the operative? If so and you can quote me on this: he would have said it in the mentioned post

What on earth are you talking about? He said there would be a significant boost to operative/scoundrel dps. Of course he's not going to say which abilities are receiving which buffs yet - that's for the patch notes.

The reason I put TA generation on Snipe was to give us a way to generate TA from range. Keep Cull and Weakening Blast at 10-meter range, but give us a way to generate TA without having to get into melee range. It makes no sense that we have to go from 30 meters (Grenade/Dart) to 4 meters (Shiv) to 10 meters (Cull/Weakening Blast). It's the byproduct of a massive skill tree overhaul (poorly done one at that).

Having snipe generate TA would dramatically change the way that the operative rotation would work, which would be undesirable as people dislike it when a classes playstyle is dramatically. I would like to see Fatality be changed so instead of regranting TA when Cull is used, it instead removes the TA requirement for the next cull. This would lead onto the next change, where weakening blast will now have a 100% chance to grant fatality. In PvP this would allow full to be used at a medium distance on a medium cooldown, and in PvE it would remove the large dryspells of price that can sometimes occur, not making the class so more damage overall, but making it more reliable in general.

Having snipe generate TA would dramatically change the way that the operative rotation would work, which would be undesirable as people dislike it when a classes playstyle is dramatically. I would like to see Fatality be changed so instead of regranting TA when Cull is used, it instead removes the TA requirement for the next cull. This would lead onto the next change, where weakening blast will now have a 100% chance to grant fatality. In PvP this would allow full to be used at a medium distance on a medium cooldown, and in PvE it would remove the large dryspells of price that can sometimes occur, not making the class so more damage overall, but making it more reliable in general.

That's a large PvE nerf, unless you let Fat. proc through shiv as well or reduce the CD on Weakening to 10sec, and still allow it to be free.

Something like:

Shiv has a 20/40/60% chance and Weakening Blast a 33/66/100% chance to grant fatality, making the next Cull free, and does not consume or require Tactical Advantage. Cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds

Or

Weakening Blast has a 50/100% chance to grant fatality, making the next Cull free, and does not consume or require Tactical Advantage.

New Talent: Reduces the CD on Weakening Blast by 5 seconds, and increases the damage of Cull and Shiv by 15%. Additionally, Shiv grants Hunting Pursuer, which increases the range of weakening blast and cull by 20 meters. Cannot occur more than once every 18 seconds.

Lethality = Name of Spec is actually how it plays. It's deadly.

Edited by Luckeyduckey

Shiv has a 20/40/60% chance and Weakening Blast a 33/66/100% chance to grant fatality, making the next Cull free, and does not consume or require Tactical Advantage. Cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds

That is what i meant to say i just phrased it badly :D

Having my DOTS get a chance to grant TA would be nice as Lethality

That just wrecks the entire core of Lethality...

We don't need more ways to get TA. The way it works now is really smooth and fun. What we NEED in Lethality is less of a Shiv lottery for Fatality Procs.

from 2.5 i shelfed my scouperatives and lvlt a madness sorc. Uncleansable>cover nerf

while i really enjoy refreshing my dots once i see a scouperative glowing green, i dont enjoy being grouped with them.

atm my sorcytoon is valor rank 75 and i only lvld in pvp.

all my matches (570 wins/12,9k kills):

-i havn't won a single arena when a dps-operative was in my grp.

-i have not seen an dps-oparative braking 40k dmg a round.

i know i could do more, keeping them alive (friendly pull, bubble, kb) but it happens quite frequently that they get blown, while i pull or try to peel for them by kb, root and ww.

seriously someting needs to happen soon.

from 2.5 i shelfed my scouperatives and lvlt a madness sorc. Uncleansable>cover nerf

while i really enjoy refreshing my dots once i see a scouperative glowing green, i dont enjoy being grouped with them.

atm my sorcytoon is valor rank 75 and i only lvld in pvp.

all my matches (570 wins/12,9k kills):

-i havn't won a single arena when a dps-operative was in my grp.

-i have not seen an dps-oparative braking 40k dmg a round.

i know i could do more, keeping them alive (friendly pull, bubble, kb) but it happens quite frequently that they get blown, while i pull or try to peel for them by kb, root and ww.

seriously someting needs to happen soon.

40k damage? I can kill someone from 100 - 0 in 10 seconds or so, and have done so with taking a hit (Was hard...) You're playing with bads.

40k damage? I can kill someone from 100 - 0 in 10 seconds or so, and have done so with taking a hit (Was hard...) You're playing with bads.

see, im not even exaggerating (and who am i to judge over my pug-mates). there was this one match, where a lethoperative in opposit team did 180k but we beat them over 3 rounds.

there is another thing that bothers me: while it takes 45k to 65k dmg to kill me. i got 31,5k live in warzone (inst heal, bubble, medikit, parasitism, a lucky heal). it takes 35-40k to get an dps-operative down.

i will sc the damage taken by dps operative in future support this.

and i guess 70% of matches played with/vs scouperative, he/she gets revealed by stealth scan, ae before even has a chance to engage.

Edited by player-klaus

imho dps-scouperative need:

-cover-nerf reverted

-shield-probe need to absorb far more than a medium amount of damage

-strong selfheal (7-9kish crit) on a minute or 45secs cd and definely not rng-dependent

-immunity to ae-dmg when blackout is up (if not, then take dmg but dont break stealth)

-hs/fr autokrit

-hs/fr passive (i know, some would argue this would dump scouperatives down but regarding the energy problems in pvp, i think this is legit)

-some kind of hold the line to at least have a chance to escape focus-fire.

As I said before, there will be no survivability buffs for 2.6, but what gave me a little bit of hope was they FINALLY acknowledged the issue. It took them a while and I don't buy the excuse for not doing it in 2.6. They could´ve just put the talents high in the trees.