Able to loot things you cant use is stupid fix it now

dkangl

I play with friends or guildmates, I'm not having these issues.

It's an MMO, people ninja all the time. As long as servers remain closed, aka. no cross-server LFD tools, the community can handle the problem. Cross-server LFD are a breeding ground for ninjas due to the lack of social control.

Edited by Dekadez

Totle says it all tired of people rolling on gear they CANT use because they are not paying attention or dont care. I have lost 3 chest pieces to classes that cant use them because of this. Please fix asap.

Obviously this is your first MMO game. Why in the world would they want to change this? You know how much money I make by looting Blue/Green/Orange gear for other classes then selling them on the Auction House? A lot. It encourages you to socialize with other players.

other mmos have fixed this

roll need, it is bound to you, no selling or sending to alts

if your class can't use the item, you cannot roll need

ie... bounty hunter rolling need on light saber etc..

why didn't BW in the 5 years or this figure this out, other have.....

Fix what? Thats not a bug, thats just MMO's. They probably dont even know they cant use it and rolled on it for their companion. Welcome to online games bro.

Not all MMO's operate that way. The OP may be from a game like City of Heroes where the drops you earn go right into your characters inventory. They have no issues with players clicking "need" for things they can't use.

Obviously this is your first MMO game. Why in the world would they want to change this? You know how much money I make by looting Blue/Green/Orange gear for other classes then selling them on the Auction House? A lot. It encourages you to socialize with other players.

He means in a party, people shouldn't be awarded loot that isn't for their class. Perhaps he's suggesting it shouldn't show up for them, and only be viewable to those that would actually use it.

If you're soloing, you should be able to get anything. But people find it annoying when a class gets gear that isn't for them.

Not all MMO's operate that way.

Yes but in CoH there was never any rolling for items either. It just goes into your inventory as you said. In this game they used the need/greed method with people being able to roll on stuff.

I should of perhaps said in none of the Need/Greed systems have fixed this.

Binding an item to you won't stop it either, people could still click need. Plus then you have things like a Jedi Guardian being able to roll need on all armor, heavy, med, light because they can wear any of it.

other mmos have fixed this

roll need, it is bound to you, no selling or sending to alts

if your class can't use the item, you cannot roll need

ie... bounty hunter rolling need on light saber etc..

why didn't BW in the 5 years or this figure this out, other have.....

Because of companions. Just because the Bounty Hunter can't use that lightsaber one of his companions might be able to. (I don't actually know if Bounty hunters get a sith/jedi companion, but yeah.) And honestly, complaining about "But thats just a stupid NPC, players should have priority!" yes that's true, but at the same time, that companion might be extremely vital for a player. For example, as a Healing spec Sorcerer I rely heavily on Khem to tank for me, so I need decent armor for him. If I find something that is a very significant upgrade, I'll roll for it.

A simple solution to THIS problem however, would be to add another button besides "need/greed/disassemble" called "Companion" which allows you to roll for something in an effort to give it to your companion. It would have lower priority than Need and higher priority than greed/disassemble. Problem solved. You can then use the WoW loot system that prevents players from rolling need on armor types outside their "highest" armor grade. (Like Heavy for Juggernaughts, Light for Sorcerers, etc) but if they need it for their companion, they can roll "companion" which binds the item to them (to prevent ninjaing to auction/trade to players/etc)

Fix what? Thats not a bug, thats just MMO's. They probably dont even know they cant use it and rolled on it for their companion. Welcome to online games bro.

Rift doesn't allow players to roll need on items they can't use. Ie: Mages can only roll need on cloth. Everything else you can roll greed on.

Are not most Bind on Equip? So.... people can use on their other toons, or even their companions?

FWIW - I always role greed unless I can use it on my current toon, but since I realize everyone else is not me I'm fine with them not always thinking like me. As others say, I would suggest to put them on ignore and not group with them anymore.

Edited by Pinguaq

Perhaps he's suggesting it shouldn't show up for them, and only be viewable to those that would actually use it.

But how do you decide what gear is for what class? Does heavy armor with +aim +end only show up for Troopers, and +str +end for Jedi Guardians?

I mean in theory you could do it, but it would also require that every bit of gear is flagged for X class.

Then there's the issue of companions. I personally would never roll need for a companion item, but my Smuggler can actually make use of heavy armor by giving it to Bowdaar or Akaavi Spaar.

Yeah some people roll Need on gear for their alts or to sell, which I think is kind of lame. If I'm in a party and something drops that someone in the party can use for their main, I usually Pass or roll Greed. Rolling need on gear drops you obviously cannot use is a good way to get a bad reputation in MMOs.

Where are all the people who insist that having no LFD tool fixes this behavior?

The only way to fix it is to eliminate loot drops or the need/greed rolling system. I think the argument against LFD is that it makes it easier to be a ninja because you're not even grouped with players from your server.

Edited by MorgonKara

The only way to fix it is to eliminate loot drops or the need/greed rolling system. I think the argument against LFD is that it makes it easier to be a ninja because you're not even grouped with players from your server.

And isn't what's happening proving that it happens anyway?

Yes but in CoH there was never any rolling for items either. It just goes into your inventory as you said. In this game they used the need/greed method with people being able to roll on stuff.

I should of perhaps said in none of the Need/Greed systems have fixed this.

Binding an item to you won''t stop it either, people could still click need. Plus then you have things like a Jedi Guardian being able to roll need on all armor, heavy, med, light because they can wear any of it.

Personally I don''t understand why some MMO''s choose the need/greed method. It just seems to generate animosity between players because there will always be people trying to grab everything for themselves.

The loot issue doesn''t bother me too much in the games that use the Need/Greed, but that''s probably because I tend to solo in those games.

Personally I don''t understand why some MMO''s choose the need/greed method. It just seems to generate animosity between players because there will always be people trying to grab everything for themselves.

The loot issue doesn''t bother me too much in the games that use the Need/Greed, but that''s probably because I tend to solo in those games.

I believe the idea is to limit the number of BoEs floating around, or something. If one BoE drops for a group of 4, instead of everyone getting a copy (making 4 copies of the item) just 1 person gets it, thus only 1 copy for 4 people, or something.

Honestly I prefer the "something random for everyone" idea myself, but only for bosses.