Why Only 2 xp weekend on us holliday's

sepulhead

Why should we celebrate for the us? it is just a country like any other counry in the world?

It's already been mentioned by others that it's a U.S. game/company - they're bound to do certain promotions on U.S. holidays. A large amount of the player base is there too. As someone from Britain I don't see what the problem is. If they were British they might add a promotion on the 5th of November. We still get the promotion, but it's not geared around the specific celebrations of our own countries. Big deal.

Thanksgiving is only celebrated in US and Canada

Wrong. Thanksgiving is also celebrated in Germany and other countries in Europe.. In german it is called "Erntedankfest". It only happens to fall on a different date, but the reason for celebration is the same.

Even Halloween is imported to Europe more and more and noone is remembering the ancient druidic celebration on which the gross pumpkin celebration originates.

Wrong. Thanksgiving is also celebrated in Germany and other countries in Europe.. In german it is called "Erntedankfest". It only happens to fall on a different date, but the reason for celebration is the same.

Being german myself I am highly surprised to find out that people here celebrate pilgram fathers sponging off the natives, when it would probably have been in their best interest to scalp them instead. Thanksgiving may have originated from religions fanatics (or the natives) who may have had a vague idea of a harvest festival similar to german erntedankfest, but today's incarnation of thanksgiving has almost nothing in common with it anymore.

Ironically, canadian thanksgiving is quite similar to german 'thanksgiving', so maybe that's what you are confusing here.

The Company is Canadian however, it's like saying Nintendo has European studios so it's a European game.

If you want to go that route, Bioware is owned by EA, which is in California.

Would you consider Donkey Kong Country to be a Japanese (nintendo) game or a British (rare) game?

Lol! This thread has been humrous... aside from the WWII reference.

But just to clarify, is the complaint that there aren't more double xp weekends or that they fall on the wrong holidays? The later doesn't matter because double XP still occurs.

Since we're talking about each others cultural history and holidays, isn't there a holiday you Germans celebrate about the feast you had with the Jews back in the 30's and 40's?

I'm pretty sure that comment is pretty close to being unacceptable. A German corrects standard Septic ignorance of the world outside North America and gets flamed for it. Apologise you *****. You are ignorant and arrogant.

Listen you ingrates. This is 'Murica. Our holidays are celebrated 'ROUND THE WORLD! If BW decides to give double xp on Independence Day, it's going to be on July 4th, because THAT'S THE DAY WHEN THE WORLD WAS MADE INDEPENDENT!

But seriously, where's my double XP during Hanu-Rama-Kwanz-mas?