Scoundrel/operatives changes ftw

Aussie_ay

Crouch should be left as is. At least sorcs/mercs have a knockback whereas scoundrels do not. it's gonna be so much fun being immediately lept to and eating 3 smashes while being rooted from a vengence ravage.

I think it's time to gear my jugg & assassin. :rolleyes:

Edited by MsMalice

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if shoot first was at least in line with the damage maul can do...Not only does maul crit harder but it can be used out of stealth and its going to get a damage increase in 2.5....*sigh*

Raansu, you seem like a nice person, but the comments from you and the person to whom you are responding are disconcerting. What class/specification proves difficult enough that you want a 10k critical?

Raansu, you seem like a nice person, but the comments from you and the person to whom you are responding are disconcerting. What class/specification proves difficult enough that you want a 10k critical?

10k mauls only happen on undergeared players.

Also, this is a fact that assassins have much more burst than scoundrels. Not only do they have guaranteed crits on discharge, they have a back attack that consistently crits harder than shoot first, which requires stealth to even use while maul does not. Assassins also have considerably much better DCD's than a scoundrel. If a scoundrel doesn't get a good burst on their opener they are more or less dead. They are literally a glass cannon without the cannon on their opener.

No one wants scoundrels to be one shotting people, but we sure as hell want our burst to not only be consistent, but be in line with the other stealth class. Hell, if anything scrapper burst should be better than assassins since they have better survivability than scrappers do.

You act like this change is the end of the world. Just pillar-hump like every other 'world-class' Scoundrel/Operative does.

You forgot DD Sages/Sorcerors as well.

You don't play much u55 matches, do you ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

You forgot DD Sages/Sorcerors as well.

You don't play much u55 matches, do you ?

u55? As in lowbies? LOL! Who the hell cares about lowbies? No one takes lowbies seriously, and trying to balance anything in lowbies would be idiotic considering there is a over 20 level gap between both brackets.

Also, this is a fact that assassins have much more burst than scoundrels. Not only do they have guaranteed crits on discharge, they have a back attack that consistently crits harder than shoot first, which requires stealth to even use while maul does not. Assassins also have considerably much better DCD's than a scoundrel. If a scoundrel doesn't get a good burst on their opener they are more or less dead. They are literally a glass cannon without the cannon on their opener.

No one wants scoundrels to be one shotting people, but we sure as hell want our burst to not only be consistent, but be in line with the other stealth class. Hell, if anything scrapper burst should be better than assassins since they have better survivability than scrappers do.

Sins don't get guaranteed Discharge crits. They have heightened crit chance from Recklessness. Sins don't get "consistent" Maul crits. Back Blast/Shoot First has a higher crit chance with talents. Last time I checked, ExProbe=>Backstab=>Lacerate spam was more reliable damage than Maul, mainly because you need it to, first, proc, and, second, crit.

I play a Darkmaul (switching to Infil/Balance hybrid from time to time) Shadow and a Concealment Operative. Sins don't get "much better" DCDs. Resilience is pretty much Dodge for yellow attacks, they have the same vanish power. Yeah, Sins get deflection, but Smugglers get better CC. Grass is always greener.

Edited by Helig

You hereby proved ALL of my prejudices I have against PvP players.

Cry more. Lowbie pvp is something that cannot be balanced. There is a massive level gap in both of the brackets. Bolster or not there will always be an ability and talent tree disparity. Good players will always do well, but you can just give up on ever expecting it to be balanced. Taking lowbies seriously is just sad.

Sins don't get guaranteed Discharge crits. They have heightened crit chance from Recklessness. Sins don't get "consistent" Maul crits. Back Blast/Shoot First has a higher crit chance with talents. Last time I checked, ExProbe=>Backstab=>Lacerate spam was more reliable damage than Maul, mainly because you need it to, first, proc, and, second, crit.

I play a Darkmaul (switching to Infil/Balance hybrid from time to time) Shadow and a Concealment Operative. Sins don't get "much better" DCDs. Resilience is pretty much Dodge for yellow attacks, they have the same vanish power. Yeah, Sins get deflection, but Smugglers get better CC. Grass is always greener.

Most of the best of the best scrappers are now playing jedi shadows. Deflection and resilience are way more powerful than dodge.

Most of the best of the best scrappers are now playing jedi shadows. Deflection and resilience are way more powerful than dodge.

Oh I agree that Sin DPS are better adapted for Arena environment. But scrappers aren't utterly inferior in almost every single way.

No, they aren't.

Practice more.

You clearly do not have a scrapper if you truly think they are even remotely on par with assassins. The ONLY thing they have better is an aoe mez and a shorter CD on a stun (scamper is near useless in arenas.)

Assassins have better burst, better DCD's, a knockback and taunts. As far as stealth classes go, scrappers are inferior in every way. To say otherwise is pure ignorance.

You clearly do not have a scrapper if you truly think they are even remotely on par with assassins. The ONLY thing they have better is an aoe mez and a shorter CD on a stun (scamper is near useless in arenas.)

Assassins have better burst, better DCD's, a knockback and taunts. As far as stealth classes go, scrappers are inferior in every way. To say otherwise is pure ignorance.

No, I don't have a Scrapper.

I have a Concealment Operative. My Scoundrel is Sawbones. I did say that Sins are better adapted for Arena environment, but I believe you're grossly overstating the magnitude of the issue. Scamper is not useless. It triggers Evasion (full purge) and it's great for LoSing/countering LoS, provided you can aim it well. Good for chaining with actual Evasion, giving you essentially Undying Rage's duration against white damage. Good for dodging Smash as well (granted, doesn't always work if you're charge-rooted). Root on Sever Tendon is far from useless. I also believe that you're understating the value of a hard stun on 30 seconds for hard switch burn phases. AoE mez is AoE mez.

Yes, Concealment/Scrapper could use some help in the Arena department. Yes, it needs better out-of-stealth burst. Yes, it needs more survivability. But creating what essentially amounts to a threat narrative isn't ignorant - it's misleading and it creates grounds for vocal, entitled players who aren't necessarily good, to rally.

My standing advice to players who create such threat narratives is - play the class that you consider OP yourself. Not in lowbies - balance there is awful anyway - but at 55. Grass is always, always greener. I have 55s of all AC types. All have at least semi-optimized baseline PvP gear.

1. spec to dirty fighting
  2. ?????
  3. Profit

Oh please. Lethality is the spec that getting shafted hardest by this cover nerf. Ever notice that lethality op ganking someone in melee? yah me neither. We open from range and burst targets of opportunity but we never stay in melee. Cover was our way of denying warriors their leap and made us effective against them. A decent smasher only need to hit you about 5 times to kill you as a lethality op, you need to keep him bleeding for at least 20s before you can cull burst him to death. This is what cover was for. You make them come to you and deny them the benefit of a leap.

This cover nerf isn't going to do anything to healers, its going to hurt concealment and kill lethality. A lethality op in melee range is a dead lethality op. We set up at 30m, burst from 10m, and only go into melee range to get our procs (which should be made obtainable from 10m at least!).

This cover nerf isn't going to do anything to healers, its going to hurt concealment and kill lethality. A lethality op in melee range is a dead lethality op. We set up at 30m, burst from 10m, and only go into melee range to get our procs (which should be made obtainable from 10m at least!).

It will. No more comfy sitting in the backline for me without fear of getting yanked over or charged on my Scoundrel. Gonna have to move like on Commando and Sage. As far as movement is concerned, sometimes you just see a pull coming and can't do anything about it. If you're a Sage, at least. Mando has HTL, Scoundrel, till 2.5, has crouch. Will be harder after that, definitely.

As far as Lethality foes, all of your DoTs are instants, and you can play peek-a-boo with Warriors. Granted, not quite as lucrative as just crouching, but nothing that Madness Sorcs don't do on a regular basis when they fend off Warriors and Knights.

And that is something people need to understand too...

Scoundrel got 2 resources. Energy and upper hand.

A scoundrel can run out of energy. Saying otherwise is silly.

On top of it, we have to manage our upper hands. And no we don't have unlimited upper hands.

Not sure if serious.

Edited by Laforet

As far as Lethality foes, all of your DoTs are instants, and you can play peek-a-boo with Warriors. Granted, not quite as lucrative as just crouching, but nothing that Madness Sorcs don't do on a regular basis when they fend off Warriors and Knights.

That would be a valid tactic if we had the rest of the madness sorcs toolkit. They can do their rotation fully from range, have a knockback, an OS bubble (though I guess our vanish is comparable in most ways), but more importantly they have superior off healing, better instants and no need for tangling in melee. Lethality is going to be the gimpier version of the madness sorc with this nerf, we won't be able to hold ground any better than they will but we also won't be able to kite like they can and will still need to duck into melee. Basically what i'm saying is that dps ops were weak to start with and now they are getting weaker by losing a useful tool. Not sure why that was needed (or why we can't get perks in the dps trees to negate this)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.