What comes next Bioware?

Nemmar

So, we got our new patch oricon, with the new operations. Thats nice and dandy, but what now?

All we know is that theres a SSSP in development. What comes next? Will we get a proper expansion? Another digital expansion? Another small patch? Nothing at all for 6 months? Are you waiting for Blizzcon to announce something? How about telling us when we can expect at least news of what is coming next? I would love to know what i can look forward to, and not everyone actually wants just a new flying mini-game.

Edited by Nemmar

Agree, would be nice to get some glimpse into the near future of the game. Months back we got the 'Summer of SWTOR' post saying what was coming until 2.4. Now 2.4 is here and it would be good to know what's in store for the next few updates, even if at a high level. Maybe even a look ahead as far as the next planned expansion (if that is a practical timeframe to cover).

How about a 'Winter of SWTOR' type update? Pretty please :D

It should be extending Individual Class and Companion stories, and not generic content either. -_-

I don't care if they said they're not going that way. I'm gonna keep nagging and being a pest until they change their minds. That or I get annoyed enough with the generic crap and quit.

I am guessing everyone here just wants some news on the SSSP :)

Honestly, I could care less, one way or the other. I want them to reconsider extending class and companion stories.

I'm here for the adventures and class stories, but I suppose to each their own.

Honestly, I could care less, one way or the other. I want them to reconsider extending class and companion stories.

I'm here for the adventures and class stories, but I suppose to each their own.

I doubt Class stories will be coming anytime soon but the fact remains that SSSP will provide more content and replay value than 5 levels expansion with some class stories. So, i think its pretty obvious which way they will be heading. And since SSSP has already been known to be in the works with lots of data mined out referring to it in 2.3.X and 2.4.X, i am pretty sure it will be coming next. Maybe, after that they might consider class stories for a proper expansion if the game revenue seems stable at that point.

Edited by DKNS

I'm hoping for more PVE content. I'm not really a fan of the space stuff (although, I have a feeling that is what is going to be up next). I would like to find out what is next.:p Edited by Zaella

New class stories and companion content is so not going to happen! They already said they wouldn't be doing any more voice content (can't think of the top of my head which developer blog said that but I am sure someone has the link handy).

I, for one, am looking forward to possibly a whole new planet with more than or equal to what Makeb had to offer which would of course mean a new level cap! I actually loved the story line on Makeb :)

I'd like to see some linked missions with the SSSP. Like two part missions where you fight through a picket of Pub or Imp ships in space, and then fight your way to the hanger of a dreadnought, board it, and then take on a special mission inside of the larger ship. Perhaps take out the captain or admiral, or drop the ship out of hyperspace, or detonate its power core. Something cool. That way the SSSP missions have meat to them instead of just being a side attraction to the game.

New class stories and companion content is so not going to happen! They already said they wouldn't be doing any more voice content (can't think of the top of my head which developer blog said that but I am sure someone has the link handy).

Except the VO actor that did jorgan tweeted his pic from a recording session a couple months back. So at least some companion content is in the pipes. And I'd very much love you to dig up that particular blog cos oricon has some voice content lol.

Except the VO actor that did jorgan tweeted his pic from a recording session a couple months back. So at least some companion content is in the pipes. And I'd very much love you to dig up that particular blog cos oricon has some voice content lol.

Once word replies and sentences do not count lol but nice try. Real voice acting missions like the ones missing from Makeb that were in the rest of the game should clue you into the future. The blog I am talking about came from the FTP announcement, where they said that voice acting was one of the cuts made to move the game into FTP. There were multiple threads about it here on the official forums.

I think 2.5 will probably be a lot of class balance changes, and maybe a NiM of one of the new ops, with the second following shortly after.

As for what's to come after that, if we go back and look at those old leaks, there are a couple possible things that could turn up (Varl, Rakata Prime, one more Flashpoint), although I tend to believe that one or both of those planets were scrapped (I think Varl became Darvannis and or Makeb).

As for the SSSP, it depends on how expansive it is. If it's as big of a project as some of the datamining would lead people to believe (which should always be taken with a grain of salt), then it looks like it will be the next DLC. I can't imagine them giving all that work away for free, they've been working on it since the game launched.

Well, it wasnt the kind of information i wanted, but i guess at least we know something is coming soon TM.

I am more intrigued to know what else aside from this space game is coming, but i guess for now at least theres something to look forward to. My curiosity is still peaked on whatever comes next though.

I'd guess another level cap increase with the release of some new game update in the next year or so.

It seems like they release new tiers of gear faster than players can obtain them. It's crazy to think that the current PvE gear is 20 levels above maximum character level.