Vengence Jugg!!! The king of solo que!

danielswann

3 reasons....

1. can out dps any tank.

2. can go full tank or full dps with the push of a button (can't be interrupted)

3. wz score of 500k dps, 200k prot, 250k heals... all day.....

I won 13 outta 15 matches today in solo que.....

Thanks to yummy and his stream for being op as ****, opening my eyes to a new style of pvp.!!

Edited by danielswann

Ya I've been having fun playing Vengeance in Arenas. We do have good damage, mobility, and control. Plus 4v4 really plays to this classes strengths since it is far less susceptible to being opened up on from stealth through the talent for Enraged Defense.

I agree that Vig/Veng has a home on arena teams. It seems to be our niche in the pvp world for now. However, we still do lag behind the other tank/dps specs considerably in a lot of areas. Rest assured that someone will find a counter to Vig/Veng in arenas before too long. Right now everyone is going pure spec. The second teams start making shutdown/utility spec players we are doomed. Edited by JefferyClark

I don't know about that. You can't respec while qued anymore and there aren't a lot of vengeance juggs running so who's going to craft a utility spec for the hopes thye catch a ven jugg on the other team. Not that likely. Our best defense is our anonymity and the fact that we have a high skill cap but we don't make people go insane with rage over our strength. and if it comes down to 1v1 we've got a fighters chance against anybody. Edited by GregAlia

3 reasons....

1. can out dps any tank.

2. can go full tank or full dps with the push of a button (can't be interrupted)

3. wz score of 500k dps, 200k prot, 250k heals... all day.....

I won 13 outta 15 matches today in solo que.....

Thanks to yummy and his stream for being op as ****, opening my eyes to a new style of pvp.!!

best class in game aye

I agree that Vig/Veng has a home on arena teams. It seems to be our niche in the pvp world for now. However, we still do lag behind the other tank/dps specs considerably in a lot of areas. Rest assured that someone will find a counter to Vig/Veng in arenas before too long. Right now everyone is going pure spec. The second teams start making shutdown/utility spec players we are doomed.

Can you guys care to explain? Vig/Veng has a home on arena teams? I don't understand. I feel like being one of the most useless and most underpowered team member when playing in arena against a bunch of smash monkeys, snipers and stealthers. I could do well in regular warzones ya. In arena, however, i die way too quickly and have difficulty putting out similar damage to other classes unless the fight drags on. Are you guys hybrid? Or do you know any secret survival strategies?

Can you guys care to explain? Vig/Veng has a home on arena teams? I don't understand. I feel like being one of the most useless and most underpowered team member when playing in arena against a bunch of smash monkeys, snipers and stealthers. I could do well in regular warzones ya. In arena, however, i die way too quickly and have difficulty putting out similar damage to other classes unless the fight drags on. Are you guys hybrid? Or do you know any secret survival strategies?

you suck because you have a brain tumor

j/k j/k

you need to think outside the box.... what makes jugg's the best solo que champ atm is that they can be full dps (able to solo any healer) or can go full tank (able to mitigate dmg from other team). Also unlike ****** sin tanks and ****** pt tanks I can do all of this by pushing a button which sets me apart from all classes. So since you sound like you are retarted to start let me explain why this is good.....

You get into an arena with 4 dps what do you do??? as a jugg you switch stances and go full tank mode mitgating dmg from other team and you win.......

you get 3 dps and a healer...... what do you do??!? you go tank stance and mitigate dmg until one on the other team falls over then you hit a button and go full dps...

you get a balanced team vrs a balanced team what do you do?!?!? you judge the situation on weither you can wreck face or need to mitgate and use your brain to make a good decision.... none the less the other team will have to deal with you throwing guards and your dmg mitigation or your force push, burst......

Now do you see?? without being able to change your talents in que anymore makes this style of play super op...

Edited by danielswann

you suck because you have a brain tumor

j/k j/k

you need to think outside the box.... what makes jugg's the best solo que champ atm is that they can be full dps (able to solo any healer) or can go full tank (able to mitigate dmg from other team). Also unlike ****** sin tanks and ****** pt tanks I can do all of this by pushing a button which sets me apart from all classes. So since you sound like you are retarted to start let me explain why this is good.....

You get into an arena with 4 dps what do you do??? as a jugg you switch stances and go full tank mode mitgating dmg from other team and you win.......

you get 3 dps and a healer...... what do you do??!? you go tank stance and mitigate dmg until one on the other team falls over then you hit a button and go full dps...

you get a balanced team vrs a balanced team what do you do?!?!? you judge the situation on weither you can wreck face or need to mitgate and use your brain to make a good decision.... none the less the other team will have to deal with you throwing guards and your dmg mitigation or your force push, burst......

Now do you see?? without being able to change your talents in que anymore makes this style of play super op...

So you are saying the ability to instantly switch between soresu and shien form is overpowered huh? Maybe. But if you are fighting against a fully balanced team composed of of a marauder, sniper, an operative healer and a guardian tank., I doubt that you can put out any respectable dps compared to the other two dps specs. Our job is to dps and the Vig/Veng spec isn't really great at that in arena matches. We weren't meant to switch between soresu and shien play like a freaking off tank hybrid. Tanking is for tanks and dpsing is for dps. And Bioware must address this issue sooner or later.

They really just need to tie more of the middle tree abilities to the stances, or put the stances themselves up high in the talent trees for BOTH juggernaut and powertech. The whole ''run tank stance while dps talented'' is really cheese.

Nerf healing would help too.

After playing all classes to 55 besides a sniper I can say that vengence jugg is the only true Off-tank. I ran about 10 wz's/arena's this morning on my pt and 10-15 last night on my sin. The numbers at the end of matches were very one sided towards the veng jugg. On average i was pulling 400k dps, 70k prot, 50k healing on my tactics vanguard with decent team fight effectiveness (switching stances every now and then when needed). On the madness sin i was pulling 500k, 40k prot, 50k healing (unable to switch stances mid fight) with poor team fight effectiveness other than occupying healers/peeling for my healer. On my VENG JUGG on the other hand i was pulling 500k dps, 250k prot, and 180k healing (switching stances multiple times to help balance outnumbered fights/protect healers ect..) and totally swaying fights by using my brain to decide when i should go full tank or full dps.

The reason why I say this is a SOLO QUE king is because of the un predictability of the team comp you will be facing/playing with and the ability for this spec to play 2 roles at the same time effectively.

I watched yummy's stream who has been playing a hybrid of my spec for a while now and is by far the best pvp tank jugg in game. When i played wow i played a pally a ton and would switch stances to use the templates full potential. After watching yummy play like this, switching stances and roles, I decided to give it a shot and have seen a huge improvement in my ability as a jugg to do more than smash...

I realize that veng juggs are probally not the best pick-up over a marauder in grouped 4v4 arena's in the current meta, but i think as the game evolves and different comps are being tried out the ability to turn a team fight with 2 guards instead of 1 will make this spec one of the top tier shortly.

An example comp---- vengence jugg, pt tank, ops heals, ranged dps...... The idea is that if they spread dps to more than 1 target i.e. aoe comps/ double smash/ burst comps, that want to focus the healer (guarded) and a dps (unguarded) so the healer has to choose between healing himself or healing the dps. If you can throw a guard on the dps that is not guarded and make them choose to either focus you a tank or your actual tank, because they are unable in a million years to kill your guarded target, gives your ranged dps the freedom to blow up whomever and your healer the freedom to heal as he pleases. This is called defining the meta....... so pull your heads out your butts and think instead of complaining about class unbalances....

While i love vengence/vigilance, it is not the king of off-tanking. Tactics Vanguard is far and above the king for that. Especially because the High-Energy-Cell stance is arguably useless to begin with (when comparing the stances themselves).

imo any full dps spec running tank stance + guard is not a tank but rather a dps on a suicide mission

imo any full dps spec running tank stance + guard is not a tank but rather a dps on a suicide mission

Hahah but when combined with the most overpowered healing class in the game, it becomes a tank that finishes arenas with 2nd place overall damage and top protection with ease.