Why people focus Sorc/Sage, Op/Scoundrel? 2 reasons.

NogueiraA

1 - Because you have NO form.

2 - Big hits.

When I target a Commando/Merc I look at his cylinder to see if he is a healer or dps.

You can't know if the sage or scoundrel is a healer or dps, plus light armor = big numbers, this is why people always focus sorcs/sage first.

If these classes had a form to dps/heals people would "forget" about you if you're a dps and focus the healer.

Also, make people pay to try to atack you, h2f :cool:

In wow healers became the tanks as they were first and main target so they need lots of endurance, heal themselves plus they have to ask for another to heal them through the stuns at the start..........lifes simple really when you look at it.

2 - Big hits.

When I target a Commando/Merc I look at his cylinder to see if he is a healer or dps.

You can't know if the sage or scoundrel is a healer or dps, plus light armor = big numbers, this is why people always focus sorcs/sage first.

If these classes had a form to dps/heals people would "forget" about you if you're a dps and focus the healer.

Sorcs have 10 sec GODMODE force barrier with h2f during it.

Operatives have vanish with h2f.

Mercs healers dont have any kind of escape, so they must be downed first :o

2 - Big hits.

Are you aware that you actually can actually see players roles in right top corner during arenas, rite?

Are you aware that you actually can actually see players roles in right top corner during arenas, rite?

I think he's talking regs, where you can't see ****.

But his premise is wrong. We attack healers because it's stupid to sit there and do the same 7-10K damage to the same tank or DPS over and over again only to have it healed. To conquer an objective, you need to actually kill people, not let them sit all day in the ridiculous overpowered kolto orgy bath.

The healers have to go, or you lose. 99% of operatives heal because their DPS trees suck, and many sorcs are hybrids that can still toss heals in.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

did they change something with this? Last i checked, i couldnt move/cast while bubbled, and the dps pounding on me would just wait til it ends and kill me anyway. It actually gives the attackers time to heal, heh.

I'd much preferred the teleport the sins got for the sorc, even if it just teleported to a random location. would have fit the class alot better and been more useful getting out from focus fire..

Being doing Arena's on my Concealment OP. I can't tell you how great it feels not to be the primary focus target. Now I get to actually DPS and peel DPS off my healer. Not having a Melee assist train evaporating me as a Sorc. Edited by Odyseus

The thing I find with sorc healers is that their big heals come out so slowly. I can wait till the last second to interrupt the cast. At that point there either dead, in there immunity bubble or so far behind that they can't keep up. However I have faced a few good sorc/sage teams who play to the sorc's strengths. I also see a lot of those teams play with snipers just for the extra knock back + their DPS when aloud to free cast is insane. People forget that the whole time they are kiting within the snipers range that guy/gal is going to WORK on the other team.

By the time the other teams switched onto the Sniper he still has all defensives, Sorc's now free to Whirlwind > Stun a healer and win the game. Even in wow their are classes that get focused all the time, its something you get used to, I think for people considering benching their sorc/sage is a big mistake.

But his premise is wrong. We attack healers because it's stupid to sit there and do the same 7-10K damage to the same tank or DPS over and over again only to have it healed.

From a psychological point of view,. this makes sense. Very reasonable.

People kill the weakest ones FIRST, because they want to have a sense of accomplishment ...

Which means that most healer classes are considered nothing but cannon-fodder ...

Even in wow their are classes that get focused all the time, its something you get used to, I think for people considering benching their sorc/sage is a big mistake.

I don't. I don't want to play The Eternal Victim so that OTHERS can have a feeling of an accomplishment.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

From a psychological point of view,. this makes sense. Very reasonable.

People kill the weakest ones FIRST, because they want to have a sense of accomplishment ...

It's not psychology. People try to kill the healer first because it's very hard to kill ANYONE when a healer is freecasting.

There is a way to know if each one is healer or dps.

Merc/Commando: Form

Op/scoundrel: Kolto Probes swirling around everyone

Sorc/Sage: Everyone has shiny bubbles

This would mean people have to start think and have a awareness of their opponents how rude of you to say they should actully look at their opponents buff bar or at the players themself instead of just the health bar!.

Operatives have vanish with h2f.

Mercs healers dont have any kind of escape, so they must be downed first :o

I'd take any kind of % based damage reduction over 10 seconds of standing around and doing nothing. You are still turning the warzone into a 3v4 and chances are unless someone is there to wipe your *** for you, you are just delaying the inevitable.