Digital UPGRADE Pack - VIP Room?

Smithyo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, yes, you have to have entered the retail cdkey
Wait, what? Who already has a retail CD-key when the game is not launched yet?

Has Origin.com allready started sending out the retail keys for digital orders?

In any case, this is great news. Just yesterday I was wondering if I dared try and change my order with Origin, from Standard to DeLuxe but decided against it.

A Digital DeLuxe Upgrade option is just what I was hoping for! :)

Edited by OkuKeelus

It does. As noted here, you can also pay a credit cost (currently 1M) for entry into the room.

The Digital Upgrade (or the purchased wristband) does not, however, give you access to the Collector's Edition vendor/store, which is exclusive to those owning a CE.

Does purchasing the Security Key access grant access to the same in game store as collectors edition store?

Does purchasing the Security Key access grant access to the same in game store as collectors edition store?
No only the CE grants access to the CE store. It is a CE exclusive. It might grant access to the VIP room, but there's a special Security Key vendor standing around with all the other ones, once you leave your starter planet.

No only the CE grants access to the CE store. It is a CE exclusive. It might grant access to the VIP room, but there's a special Security Key vendor standing around with all the other ones, once you leave your starter planet.

It may be a different vendor but I might not talking about the digital upgrade version. I am talking about the

http://www.swtor.com/info/security-key

In-game Security Key Vendor

Only available to players who have purchased or downloaded a security key and linked it to their Star Wars: The Old Republic account, this unique vendor sells exclusive gear and items

The CE edition comes with a security Key. I am assuming this possibly is the same vendor the CE edition gets access too. I would apreciate an answer from a developer / mod to answer this question

It may be a different vendor but I might not talking about the digital upgrade version. I am talking about the

http://www.swtor.com/info/security-key

In-game Security Key Vendor

Only available to players who have purchased or downloaded a security key and linked it to their Star Wars: The Old Republic account, this unique vendor sells exclusive gear and items

The CE edition comes with a security Key. I am assuming this possibly is the same vendor the CE edition gets access too. I would apreciate an answer from a developer / mod to answer this question

People who buy the CE and activate the security key that comes with it get access to the same Security Key Vendor that people who just buy the security key get access to.

The CE vendor in the VIP Lounge is NOT the same vendor as the Security Key Vendor, & is exclusive to CE owners.

Wrong.

That's an older video of the CE vendor. There is no other vendor up there except for a bartender who sells the same things as the bartenders downstairs.

About the security vendor, there is one outside of Kaas City on Dromund Kaas so it's not tied to the VIP lounge at all.

Edited by Grimmas

It does. As noted here, you can also pay a credit cost (currently 1M) for entry into the room.

The Digital Upgrade (or the purchased wristband) does not, however, give you access to the Collector's Edition vendor/store, which is exclusive to those owning a CE.

For buying the Deluxe or paying the 1M credits you get access to the VIP room and that's all?

Or are there more vendors there, beside the CE only vendor or all vendors up there are CE only, period? If there are other vendors, available to everyone (1M cred or DDE) what do they sell for example?

Let's make this clear please, because I'm toying with the thought of buying a DDE upgrade, but wouldn't like to buy it blindly (especially, when according to you 1 € = 1$ :p).

Thanks.

Like I said, there's a bartender up there right now who sells the same stuff as the bartenders downstairs in the common area. Then there's the exclusive CE vendor who sells a speeder and companion skins. That's it. Bioware could add more stuff there later but for now that seems like a low priority for them.

For the digital upgrade, all you'd be getting is the right to take the elevator and walk around that room (otherwise you have to pay 1 million credits for this right), plus the in-game items like flare gun and holodancer, that's basically it. Oh, you'd also have a good feeling that you supported EA by lining their pockets.

Edited by Grimmas

Like I said, there's a bartender up there right now who sells the same stuff as the bartenders downstairs in the common area. Then there's the exclusive CE vendor who sells a speeder and companion skins. That's it. Bioware could add more stuff there later but for now that seems like a low priority for them.

For the digital upgrade, all you'd be getting is the right to take the elevator and walk around that room (otherwise you have to pay 1 million credits for this right), plus the in-game items like flare gun and holodancer, that's basically it. Oh, you'd also have a good feeling that you supported EA by lining their pockets.

Thank you for your answer. I guess I remain richer by 20€ then. :)

Edited by MarcLeGrand

I'm just wondering... what could POSSIBLY be in the store that's worth +$70 over the DDE? I mean that's 90% of the reason people buy it right? At least that's why most of the people in my guild bought the CE. >.<

Everyone I know with a Digital Deluxe just wanted the mount for free so they have a little more credits to burn on professions and gear.

If you bought the Standard Edition you have the option to UPGRADE to the 'Digital Upgrade'. This option was only brought in today for $19.99.

I am trying to upgrade mine but it keeps saying I need to redeem a product code for my original purchase; but that has been done already and shows in my redemption code history...

Any way around this bug?

I'm just wondering... what could POSSIBLY be in the store that's worth +$70 over the DDE? I mean that's 90% of the reason people buy it right? At least that's why most of the people in my guild bought the CE. >.<

The Gentle Giant Malgus statue is worth anywhere from $60-150.

I need help,I keep getting this error although I redeemed a key for my pack..

You must redeem a Product Registration Code for The Old Republic Standard Edition (Digital or Physical) before you can purchase of the Digital Upgrade Pack.

it even states it right under it I am ready to go..but wont let me get it -_-

I am trying to upgrade mine but it keeps saying I need to redeem a product code for my original purchase; but that has been done already and shows in my redemption code history...

Any way around this bug?

You're not the only one! :s

Wrong, again.

You actually made me run up there (AGAIN) to check, and its a VIP vendor, sitting right there.

The CE vendor is in a different area. Just like the security vendor.

Please stop spreading misinformation if you dont know what your talking about, thank you!

Wrong, again.

You actually made me run up there (AGAIN) to check, and its a VIP vendor, sitting right there.

The CE vendor is in a different area. Just like the security vendor.

Please stop spreading misinformation if you dont know what your talking about, thank you!

Sorry your wrong check youtube you will see a walkthrough of the lounge the CE vendor is also up there on the opposite across the walkway.