2.4+ DPS Leaderboard

Update on Saturday. No longer accepting any pre-2.6 scoundrel/op, guardian/jugg or gunslinger/sniper parses.

You might want to wipe Hybrid VG/PT (now dead) and stop accepting cheat build Assault Commando/Pyro Merc while you're at it, because there is no fight in current ops that allows for that 2/8/36 build.

Ignoring submissions with Acid blade/Flechette round on a Lethality Op/DF Scoundrel parse would also be a good step.

Edited by DaftVaduhhh

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUMP

Dotsmash spec

Xiev - Hybrid - 11-2-33- TTK 4m 23.853s DPS 3794

Torparse http://www.torparse.com/a/567317/time/1390850315/1390850578/0/Overview

AMR http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/0679491e-546d-4517-aacd-3e471fd7ee3c

I doubt this will cut it but o well

Flythrin - Vigilance - 4-36-6- TTK 4m 32.714s - DPS 3679

TORparse - http://www.torparse.com/a/581510/time/1391734713/1391734986/0/Overview

AMR - http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/29c76eab-5a88-421f-8a4f-6f2b169d7496

You might want to wipe Hybrid VG/PT (now dead) and stop accepting cheat build Assault Commando/Pyro Merc while you're at it, because there is no fight in current ops that allows for that 2/8/36 build.

Ignoring submissions with Acid blade/Flechette round on a Lethality Op/DF Scoundrel parse would also be a good step.

1. Can't 2/8/36 work on Tyrans? hes too busy not hitting hitting you for you to need the 2 pushback-immunity points.

2. The Flechette Round/Acid blade on DF/Lethality is completely viable in ops, so long as you have field respec. And even if its not, its doable on the dummy and as such is counted.

3. Random fact, a VG can go full Assault and open with a +3 Pulse Generator because the buff lasts about 30 seconds - and if you are very quick at the respec you can throw that in. Similar to how a watchman sent can open with overload saber by respeccing to combat, getting 30 centering, respeccing to watchman, going into shi-cho form, hitting zen, activating Overload Saber, and then swapping to Juyo. Yes its overly complicated, but it works.

It would be quite hilarous seeing someone open with that though... Might even get them an extra 30 dps...

Edited by TACeMossie

Your joking right?

This is entirely meant to be rude but I don't understand why I should take this seriously.

1. Its a thread about top DUMMY Parse. In other words, if it can be done on the dummy, then its counted

2. The Flechette Round/Acid blade on DF/Lethality is completely viable in ops, so long as you have field respec. And even if its not, its doable on the dummy and as such is counted.

3. Random fact, a VG can go full Assault and open with a +3 Pulse Generator because the buff lasts about 30 seconds - and if you are very quick at the respec you can throw that in. Similar to how a watchman sent can open with overload saber by respeccing to combat, getting 30 centering, respeccing to watchman, going into shi-cho form, hitting zen, activating Overload Saber, and then swapping to Juyo. Yes its overly complicated, but it works.

It would be quite hilarous seeing someone open with that though... Might even get them an extra 30 dps...

Well funny that you mention that because I was actually toying with the idea of having a massive focus burning spree in shii-cho form before switching to juyo form and carrying on from there.

Something like OS > Cauterize > Merciless > BS > Juyo > watchman rotation.

I haven had a detailed look at it, only just recently toyed with the idea, but the pros are that you get a nice big focus burn at the beginning of your fight, losing out on some damage increase and crit increase percentage points but also delaying your application of overload saber dots which may actually increase the opening burst by a bit of dps. The main issue I have with it, is that changing stances costs you a GCD which may negate all benefits whatsoever, but when I'm bored I will have a play and get back to you :)

1. Can't 2/8/36 work on Tyrans? hes too busy not hitting hitting you for you to need the 2 pushback-immunity points.

Between the smash damage, DoT and possible inferno or thundering blast? Nope, not really.

Personally I find it kinda defeats the point of what most people come here to see, and encourages some new HM/NiM ops players to focus on meager DPS gains through preparatory respecs rather than tactics, transitions and positioning.

I find it very agitating to have a ready check fail because a sentinel is respeccing from Watchman to Combat after gaining centering stacks, as an example.

This is entirely meant to be rude but I don't understand why I should take this seriously.

If you're not going to take anything else out of it, just drop Hybrid VG/PT off the board because the spec no longer functions as a viable DPS choice with Pulse Generator/Prototype Flame Thrower now being linked to HEC & HEGC respectively.

Much for the same reason you're not accepting parses pre-2.6 any longer from the other overhauled spec sheets.

Edited by DaftVaduhhh

If you're going to count the noobsmash spec I say give it its own section. The spec takes absolutely no skill, no planning, no knowledge of it what-so-ever to do ridiculous numbers in. Plus I highly doubt we'll see anyone running it in NiM because of the amount of survivability you sacrifice. It took me 2 parses without looking at any logs to do about 3800 in it, however I refuse to post them on this board because of how lame of a spec it is. If you put it with the rest all we are going to see is it taking over the boards. Edited by TrillOG-

If you're going to count the noobsmash spec I say give it its own section. The spec takes absolutely no skill, no planning, no knowledge of it what-so-ever to do ridiculous numbers in. Plus I highly doubt we'll see anyone running it in NiM because of the amount of survivability you sacrifice. It took me 2 parses without looking at any logs to do about 3800 in it, however I refuse to post them on this board because of how lame of a spec it is. If you put it with the rest all we are going to see is it taking over the boards.

i have no special side on this topic, but i mean, 3900 its just a good spec, its not rollbang that u do 4500 before patch and its hard on raid, you can hybrid pretty much everywhere and do fine... the complexity of the spec dont make a difference, Madness for example is really easy straightforward spec, jsut because you spam force lightning you dont have to be on leaderboards?. The same way hybrid snipers had the leaderboard for themselves, so can hybrid marauders IMO. but i dont care either way :).

If you're going to count the noobsmash spec I say give it its own section. The spec takes absolutely no skill, no planning, no knowledge of it what-so-ever to do ridiculous numbers in. Plus I highly doubt we'll see anyone running it in NiM because of the amount of survivability you sacrifice. It took me 2 parses without looking at any logs to do about 3800 in it, however I refuse to post them on this board because of how lame of a spec it is. If you put it with the rest all we are going to see is it taking over the boards.

You seem very butthurt about the dotsmash spec LOL

i have no special side on this topic, but i mean, 3900 its just a good spec, its not rollbang that u do 4500 before patch and its hard on raid, you can hybrid pretty much everywhere and do fine... the complexity of the spec dont make a difference, Madness for example is really easy straightforward spec, jsut because you spam force lightning you dont have to be on leaderboards?. The same way hybrid snipers had the leaderboard for themselves, so can hybrid marauders IMO. but i dont care either way :).

Yeah I suppose you have a point, and I agree that its a lot easier to replicate dotsmash in a raid over rollbang. So I dunno just my thoughts on the subject.

You seem very butthurt about the dotsmash spec LOL

Not really. Actually not at all. Just think its way too easy to do ridiculous numbers in. If we're going to have to parse in dotsmash to get on the boards then so be it, again, just my thoughts.

Edited by TrillOG-

Not really. Actually not at all. Just think its way too easy to do ridiculous numbers in. If we're going to have to parse in dotsmash to get on the boards then so be it, again, just my thoughts.

My thoughts exactly. The fact that the spec has 0 procs makes it purely a crit based parsing spec compared to Annihilation or Carnage. Personally, Dotsmash is okay to parse in seeing that nice numbers can be pulled, but pulling higher numbers in the other 3 specs is more rewarding in my eyes.

Edited by SnickerJew

Dot smash fails the general criteria for getting its own board because

1) not as unreasonably overpowered as past offenders (rollbang and pre-patched mercs)

2) it's so easy that it's easily replicated in-fight.

All I can see from my perspective is, it's becoming the new gunslinger-esque hybrid spec.

Update on my Marksmanship parse.

Lumine - Sniper - Marksmanship - TTK: 4:38:429 @ 3590.63 DPS

TorParse: http://www.torparse.com/a/581944 (5th Column)

AMR: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/882d7e05-8281-4646-a5ce-b1133f41b1a7

Replaced my Crit Enhancement back with a Power Enhancement but it does show that it is slightly better than having 200 Crit. Overall, a fairly decent parse with 37% Crit. :)

Edited by DieGhostDie

My thoughts exactly. The fact that the spec has 0 procs makes it purely a crit based parsing spec compared to Annihilation or Carnage. Personally, Dotsmash is okay to parse in seeing that nice numbers can be pulled, but pulling higher numbers in the other 3 specs is more rewarding in my eyes.

Both yes and no. It is well known that parsing on the level to get onto the leaderboard is all about those lucky crits (and rng, depending on what class and spec). It's rather refreshing to play a spec that removes the rng aspect that plays such a huge part in annihilation and carnage. I don't know how many parses I have done where lack of (or delayed) execute and/or slaughter led to a ruined parse.

Dotsmash is simply following the rotation and hoping for lucky crits like MM or sniper hybrid. Can't say I am disliking that, although I still prefer carnage as more fun to play overall (dotsmash is still great fun!) and I am inclined to agree that high numbers in carnage, annihiliation, or rage are rated higher than dotsmash.

I am sure the opinions of dotsmash are alike those that arose when sniper hybrid first appeared, but I don't see the need to ignore the spec as long as it exists. It does amazing damage and helps the raid a lot. I am not experiencing a lot of survivability issues either. Played the spec in DF/DP HM, S&V NiM and Hateful Entity. Had no problems so far. I don't expect the spec to surive like sniper hybrid has, though. By binding DS to juyo form it's effectively killed whereas sniper hybrid has no form related to it and BW would have to change the skill tree to fix it. They have shown that they are unwilling to change the skill trees, which is why that hybrid still exists.

Edited by Xenphon

Saph'ryn - Sage - Telekinetics - 3/36/7 - 4'33.664s

Log: http://www.torparse.com/a/580995

AMR: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/8a6765bb-34b0-4cb3-aa22-7ad4ee3adb1b

Was just practicing and didn't use adrenals ....... :(

TTK is actually 4' 33.705s with the new rule (start of combat - death of dummy now in the combat log). Great parse though, guess I've gotta hit the books again =P