Unintended Patch Download

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How in the hell do you manage to ACCIDENTALLY release a PATCH? AND HOW DO YOU FIX IT? BY MAKING US WAIT A DAY? THERE WAS ZERO IN GAME WARNING NOT TO INSTALL THAT AND THEN PVP DOESNT WORK. ZERO WARNING TELLING US TO NOT CLOSE THE CLIENT AGAIN. HERE I AM TRYING TO FIX PVP AND BY THE TIME I FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU DID ITS TOO LATE? I'm pretty much done with this game unless you give free cartel coins or extra days on my sub. The entire point of today was to stack pvp comms and I also had a guild raid I committed to. Now you completely ruined all the stuff I had to finish up before 2.4. Way to go, and your "solution" licks balls. Who hired you incompetent fools? Oh right EA. Guess I shouldn't be outraged.

I want to be compensated for yet another blunder by bioware. This is the THIRD TIME downloading your client this month. First time was to come back and check the game out, the next time was when the last patch with the streaming client forced me to redownload the entire game, and now this time you incompetent programmers somehow released the patch a day early? And that mistake for some reason forces me to download the patch AGAIN?! *********** UNACCEPTABLE. Make this right you you lose more money when my sub ends.

I'm a little confused.. I launched the game and was given a small patch... 300mb or so.. I click play and am currently in game... If I log out now and don't touch it 'til tomorrow I am safe from reinstalling the entire thing? Or am I screwed cause after the small patch I clicked play?

I'm a little confused.. I launched the game and was given a small patch... 300mb or so.. I click play and am currently in game... If I log out now and don't touch it 'til tomorrow I am safe from reinstalling the entire thing? Or am I screwed cause after the small patch I clicked play?

You're screwed (like the rest of us) because you clicked play :(

How in the hell do you manage to ACCIDENTALLY release a PATCH? AND HOW DO YOU FIX IT? BY MAKING US WAIT A DAY? THERE WAS ZERO IN GAME WARNING NOT TO INSTALL THAT AND THEN PVP DOESNT WORK. ZERO WARNING TELLING US TO NOT CLOSE THE CLIENT AGAIN. HERE I AM TRYING TO FIX PVP AND BY THE TIME I FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU DID ITS TOO LATE? I'm pretty much done with this game unless you give free cartel coins or extra days on my sub. The entire point of today was to stack pvp comms and I also had a guild raid I committed to. Now you completely ruined all the stuff I had to finish up before 2.4. Way to go, and your "solution" licks balls. Who hired you incompetent fools? Oh right EA. Guess I shouldn't be outraged.

You mad bro? Calm down before you blow an O ring. I'm frustrated too, but insulting the people working on things isn't the way.

Let's be fair, it's pretty hard to defend this.

I mean, even human error isn't that much of an excuse because there are safeguards and fall backs and re-checking, right?

Well, I half-expected a post about how 'patch snafus were part of a complicated game like this' and 'we should all take the time generously given to us by BW away from the game to read a book, write a poem, or meditate on how marvellous the devs are are,':D

Tbh seeing the original post from A has cheered me up no end.

I think because you downloaded it you have to reinstall the game tomorrow? That's what I gathered from the official post. (So stupid...)

If you do (or already have) run the Launcher again prior to tomorrow morning’s update, you will need to re-download the entire game client.

Well, for those of us who ended up back in game before you decided to blame us for it, why should we have to download the entire game again, why can't you fix the damn thing with an amended patch? This is your fault, not ours.

So let me get this right, you want us to uninstall the game and reinstall it fully? Are you mad?

What kind of bullsh*t is this???????

Download the whole game again? Last time it took 2 days to do that? And NO IT IS NOT MY INTERNET CONNECTION! Who is going to give me those 2 days subscription? Again all the loyal players who spend time playing and paying monthly fee are being cr*pped on. I can tell you this: If tomorrow I am not able to download the game fast and enjoy the first day of the new content I am out of here for good.

RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE and more RAGE :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm going to assume several people have already asked/will make threads about refunds and what not, with no idea how the tech side of an mmo works.

I was going to say no intelligence, but no idea seemed more friendly!

It appears you have Jawa's running around your tech stuff, Bioware. I hear wearing a robe and having a hood up, while flailing your arms around and screeching sends those Jawa's running :rak_03: