Unintended Patch Download

CourtneyWoods

So I stop patching yesterday and retry today after the maintenance and yeah still have 10 gb if not more to go .. we'll find out after that 10 gb is done. :mad:

From now on please try to suck less Bioware, thanks.

same, stopped the download yesterday and waited until today, now it's patching Main Assets 1

guess it'll be patching all day, woo

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to other posters have the 10gb you have to download all the past updates so it's really a 20gb download. One poster mentioned that even after downloading the game again, it worked fine but when he tried to log back in he or she was asked to download all 20gb again.

You will not have to download the entire game. You can either have a larger patch today and play tonight or wait until tomorrow for a more normal size patch. Hope that helps!

Not true I cut off the 11.61 GB patch and logged back on today after maintenance was completed...still have to download the 11.61 GB patch. Not gonna end my life over losing some game time on SWTOR (more than most because the internet speed in Afghanistan where I'm stationed isn't that great) it is a little bit frustrating though that this happened in the first place and that the answers you get after the fact are not true. BW FTW!!!

What about that assets_swtor_main_0to136 directory (in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic) which one of the patches seem to have created?

Does the game need this directory with approx. 6,3 GB of (unpatched?) data?

EDIT: Patching went through already. I can also play the game.

You will not have to download the entire game. You can either have a larger patch today and play tonight or wait until tomorrow for a more normal size patch. Hope that helps!

Not in the slightest.

If what i'm downloading now is the "normal" sized patch then I would hate to see what the larger one was.

Not her fault, I'm positive she told the truth as she knew it at the time. That said it would have been nice if started the download yesterday afternoon rather than after the maintenance but despite what I've said I decided I'm going to stick it out. I really want to play all the storylines and in four months this incident is the first of its kind. Still though I am very angry at their on the phone customer service and them not communicating and ignoring us but NONE of that is Ms. Wood's fault.

Not her fault, I'm positive she told the truth as she knew it at the time. That said it would have been nice if started the download yesterday afternoon rather than after the maintenance but despite what I've said I decided I'm going to stick it out. I really want to play all the storylines and in four months this incident is the first of its kind. Still though I am very angry at their on the phone customer service and them not communicating and ignoring us but NONE of that is Ms. Wood's fault.

Not blaming her in the slightest.

She's part of the community team and not part of development and nothing at all to do with the patches.

Just hoping she gets a slight nudge to go clip the ears of the fools that are responsible.

Just start patching and I've got 300 MB on "Main Assets 138". Does that mean I'm reinstalling the whole game? if so, I may be doing this for the next week or two. :rolleyes:

280 MB remaining in the Main Assets alone... and if you have a slow internet connection, this takes a looong time.

hmmm...

spent all day yesterday having to download the whole game again 20gb throttled at speeds between 400-700k.

At least i only have to download the new patch now ... at speeds of 100k.... dial up speeds.. wow... amazing.. but still its only a 400mb patch or so....

lets hope i dont have to redownload the whole thing again when i log in as some people have said they had to download the whole game twice... it would be a real shame .. i really really hope that doesnt happen because i will sadly and regrettably leave the game and unsub. fingers crossed.

does anyone know the full size of patch 2.4 ?

the assets 138 download was like 400mb or so and now asset 141 is coming to another 600mb or so...

so about 1 gig in total so far.. is asset 141 the last one or are there any more?

it would have been nice to know the size so i can at least guess at how long it will take...

btw my 141 asset download speed is 150k-250k.....

update: hahaha... after basically almost 2 days of constant downloading the 20 gigs as well as the bandwidth from using my computer for work. i wonder if my isp is pissed off with me because asset 141 is now downloading at 25k... 25k!!! by my calculations.. that means i will ... be a retired pensioner with 5 grandchildren by the time this has finished:P....

does anyone know the full size of patch 2.4 ?

the assets 138 download was like 400mb or so and now asset 141 is coming to another 600mb or so...

so about 1 bib in total so far.. is asset 141 the last one or are there any more?

it would have been nice to know the size so i can at least guess at how long it will take...

btw my 141 asset download speed is 150k-250k.....

Would like to know this too.

So i'm a bit confused....

They said we won' t have to re-download the entire game, but right now it says it's downloading "Main Assets 1" and the progress bar below has hardly moved forward, and it's been around 3 hours now :confused:

We are getting no communication. It's now a lot more serious as someone said all of our files were deleted and my fear is that all of my content and characters I've built up will be gone.

We are getting no communication. It's now a lot more serious as someone said all of our files were deleted and my fear is that all of my content and characters I've built up will be gone.

that information is stored on the servers, the worst that likely happened to you is your settings, preferences, and UI adjustments were reset to default.

Your character information (i.e. level, class, customization, etc.) is all on their server, and it's all backed up in case the SERVER has a problem.

u wont lose any of your characters or anything like that because thats all stored at their end... dont worry they will still be there.. its just that they will be gathering dust because you cant actually play them...

It doesnt matter OP, sub cancelled. The game is a mmo clone with fatal technical issues. The IP is the only thing keeping it afloat at this point. My limited time is simply to valuable to waste on updating and reorganizing every week.

Flame on homosapiens.

Would like to add that this is not happening... Whoever told you this yesterday clearly had no idea and just wanted at least some people to go away. Every time I tried to log in asked to download main assets 1 again. Luckily because of your constant **** ups in the launcher I have a working backup of SWTOR from back in April when your patches again broke things (main assets freeze) and I had to transfer a copy of my install to my girlfriends laptop so she could play without downloading everything all over again.

Looks like I have saved myself some download time with replacing my current file with this as started downloading at main assets 111. However your above quote is not fact and since I have seen many other posts addressing the issue again another complete fail. I understand you may be just passing on what you are told but bad information is still bad.

Be in game in a few hours if I'm lucky to see what else you have broke.