Slingers/Snipers

OpeningToEndgame

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play a ss and one combo I use is knock back w/ root instant charged burst (I forget the name but it explodes on damage + 15% from eng tree). root breaks in 2 sec so no root break from charged burst then aimed ahot so the genade and the aime shot hit at the sam time than trick shot speed shot tc speed shot tc closer more than 3 sec but u r pretty much dead if u get hit by that combo and I forgot throw in lucky shot and illegal mods and there u go no cheets just heal to full while u are snared

I reported someone for suspected exploiting, but not knowing the class. I thought I would ask here. How can a Slinger kill me in 3.82 seconds flat? Yes, I timed him. I got hit for 7997, 2384, 2678 in a second. Sniped in place. And he repeated that and killed me. Virtually no cooldown it seemed. He was also not taking any damage past 90%. I couldn't touch him. I tried full PvE gear. I tried my full PvP gear. Nothing. I even switched specs twice.

3.82 seconds? wow that's a pretty exact time. But here is a video of me killing a tank in ~2 seconds. I know it's cheap but if the devs are fine with it so am I.

I hope you never get caugh in a freighter bombing combo. If dying in 3-4 seconds is cheating to you...

Wait till you die in 2 seconds.

Edit: And unlike poster above, you don't need wallbang to do that.

Explosive probe, freighter fly-by, aimed shot and quickdraw will do the trick.

I hope you never get caugh in a freighter bombing combo. If dying in 3-4 seconds is cheating to you...

Wait till you die in 2 seconds.

Edit: And unlike poster above, you don't need wallbang to do that.

Explosive probe, freighter fly-by, aimed shot and quickdraw will do the trick.

How are you going to get anyone to stand in the flyby?

Flashbang + dirty kick.

Pretty easy to do.

Youll get one tick of damage from Flash Bang.

Using Dirty Kick should give the full Resolve, at which case most players will use CC break for the 10+ seconds of CC immunity and move out of the huge AOE reticule...

The only time you can hit people with multiple ticks is when enemies are clumped trying to take an objective, or when youre facing muppets.

Youll get one tick of damage from Flash Bang.

Using Dirty Kick should give the full Resolve, at which case most players will use CC break for the 10+ seconds of CC immunity and move out of the huge AOE reticule...

The only time you can hit people with multiple ticks is when enemies are clumped trying to take an objective, or when youre facing muppets.

Because CC breaker got 45 seconds CD like flashbang and dirty kick...

It's pretty easy to find someone without CC breaker in stun wars.

I reported someone for suspected exploiting, but not knowing the class. I thought I would ask here. How can a Slinger kill me in 3.82 seconds flat? Yes, I timed him. I got hit for 7997, 2384, 2678 in a second. Sniped in place. And he repeated that and killed me. Virtually no cooldown it seemed. He was also not taking any damage past 90%. I couldn't touch him. I tried full PvE gear. I tried my full PvP gear. Nothing. I even switched specs twice.

Stopped reading at 3.82s, because there is no combination of sniper attacks that will deal 31k before the end of the third global.

I am a Sorc. I tried a hybrid 0/30/16 spec which I usually run and then I went Lightning. Force Lightning was all absorbed, Affliction ticking doing no damage. Shock procced twice and did 1500 each time. Then he went back to 100% health. Death Field I -think-did 2900. Mind you I was in full PvE gear and fully min maxed conq.

Hybrid sorcs will not beat a sniper and you are a fool for trying that lol, when it comes to fighting snipers as a lightning sorc make sure you get overload off before they can entrench and use polaraty to afflict, thunder blast etc and make sure you stay close enough to electrocute them if they stun break the overload overwise just get close enough to use your bubble stun against them. save your sonic barrier for the split second before aimed shot. Ive dropped many a sniper/slinger with my sorc just dont give them a chance to entrench in front of you and if they do, you just LOS and wait or walk away. happy with that? :cool:

Spec madness, find a pillar, DoT sniper, /laugh ---> heal to full, repeat process until he's dead.

If its arena, same thing, no reason why a sorc would ever stand and just eat a full MM rotation unless he's being stunned in pace without Force barrier available.

Snipers are an truly OP class agianst people who try to kill em in a pure dps race....

Good sorcs dont need babysitting, bad sorcs are useless in every kind of way. personally I have no problem with having sorcs in my solo que team, unless he's a healer and other team has an OP, at which point we are already behind.

The best opener for MM snipers is:

SS, LS, Ambush, Explosive Probe, FT, SoS, Takedown.

No one can survive this rotation.

Ambush = 8k Damage

Explosive Probe= 6k Damage

FT= 4k Damage

SoS= 9k Damage

Takedown= 6k

Ambush = 8k Damage

FT= 4k Damage

SoS= 9k Damage

Takedown= 6k

Why would you use TD after SoS? You should do SoS >Followthrough > TD > FT

Using TD immediately after SoS or Ambush is a waste of a FT

Also anything that sits there and eats all that and doesn't Los or pop a DcD will die. If it has a brain it will live

This thread made me lol, then I realized players like the OP will be on my team in solo arena q...

LOL I just solo qued a match and the whole team ran in random directions.... I tried together... stick together... 2 gether... I have candy follow me..

Nothing worked

Is this the new "In Thing" for bad players? To complain about exploits and report people every time they get smoked? Seems like every other WZ I hear someone whining about exploits or hacking. Did you bother to notice the tank with his protection on the guy you were attacking... or the fact that you were taunted? Or the fact that he had a healer nearby so he never dipped below 90%?

Yeah snipers and gunslingers really can kill that fast. They are a pure dps class, so they specialize in high burst damage. I can usually melt anyone's hp really fast (unless it's a tank or an op healer). That's why in warzones like AH you healers should focus on healing your gunslingers or snipers, because they can get kills quick as long as they stay up.

Ambush = 8k Damage

FT= 4k Damage

SoS= 9k Damage

Takedown= 6k

my jugg loves facing snipers like this. Seems snipers get set in their rotation, and i can pick and choose which skill i'm going to let them kill themselves in. though if i'm not paying attention to the sniper, they are deadly.

I eat snipers for lunch on my madness sorc. It seems i'm in the minority here, but i do quite well on my madness sorc, and i actually go after marauders and snipers...

Why would you use TD after SoS? You should do SoS >Followthrough > TD > FT

Using TD immediately after SoS or Ambush is a waste of a FT

Also anything that sits there and eats all that and doesn't Los or pop a DcD will die. If it has a brain it will live

U are right, i forgot FT after SoS because normally the target will already be dead after that opener. But if the target was a skilled player, your opener is the best to gets the job done, for sure :)

You admit to not knowing the class, yet your first reaction is to report someone? It didn't cross your mind to check here first, watch a stream / YouTube video, go to the class forums, or :eek: roll one yourself? Thanks for teh lulz.