You should all be thankful for Sir Copperfield.

Sir-Coffee

Don't crush my dreams like that :(

I apologize, however once competitive PvP is gone in this game(Should be 2-4 weeks after Arena launches), you'll either be able to find all of the other competitive PvPers on Wildstar or FF14(Even though there is no PvP atm, they immensely enjoy the PvE).

I figure why not try it out if I decide to sell my account.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize, however once competitive PvP is gone in this game(Should be 2-4 weeks after Arena launches), you'll either be able to find all of the other competitive PvPers on Wildstar or FF14(Even though there is no PvP atm, they immensely enjoy the PvE).

I figure why not try it out if I decide to sell my account.

WIldstar isn't gonna be out for another 6-8 months whereas FFXIV is just in it's honeymoon stage. The game sucks bad once you open your eyes. So much griefing and such a toxic community don't help it either. I can list out some of the problems which turned me off.

No PvP for now

PvE -

1) Zerging Faiths gives you more exp and gold than Dungeons meaning DPSers are left waiting 1-2 hours in Dungeon finder. This is also amplified by the fact that Gil earning at end-game is very limited except crafting and that will saturate in some time as well as everyone will be forced to do it. 2-3 deaths in a dungeon will leave you with losing money in a run rather that earning some.

2) No group kicker means people afk at will in dungeons especially healers and tanks because they can find groups easily.

3) Server side response with 0.3 sec refresh intervals means even if you move 0.3-0.5 sec before the enemy completes his spell, you still get hit by the spells. This is a pain in hard mode as well as in general since every enemy uses mostly AoE attacks and is downright frustrating.

4) Quest givers don't even utter a single word. They are completely muted, only subtitles are there. Even some of the story quests are muted. Add to that the fact that the environment is ridiculously quiet as well and there is not even a damned single feeling of immersion.

5) Attacks besides having a 2.5sec GCD and being ridiculously limited don't carry any immersion at all, especially the melee ones because the way the system works, if you are doing a multi-swing attack (e.g. multiple blade swings or punches) the damage taken by the enemy ticks off after you have completed all the swings. This looks ridiculously bad for archers, warriors, monks, etc. I have no idea why they had to implement such a stupid system.

I can go on and on but at one point it will just sound like a rant.

Edited by DKNS

4) Quest givers don't even utter a single word. They are completely muted, only subtitles are there. Even some of the story quests are muted. Add to that the fact that the environment is ridiculously quiet as well and there is not even a damned single feeling of immersion.

You do know quite a lot of us don't care about that right?

I prefer my MMO's to be mute.

I prefer my Final Fantasy games to be mute too.

Takes me back to Final Fantasy of old.

As for the PvP here ..... people take it seriously? That's so cute.

I still play FF7, but yeah, this doesn't bother me.

As for the PvP in FF14, I'll check to see how it looks when it releases but the competitive PvPers are loving PvE in that game.

The mute quests are only one of the many problems i listed. But whatever, if you like playing in a seemingly dead world, then so be it.

About the PvP, lots of people including me play it for fun. I don't recall their being a law that PvP should only be taken "seriously", that statement reeks of an elitist attitude. Then actually you would love FFXIV since my experience there seems to conclude that it currently has the highest number of elitist jerks i have come across in the MMOs i have played so far (WoW included).

• 4 months later...

For a moment there.. I thought SithEBM had resubbed. :p

Nope.. just the usual Sunday forum necro antics. :)

The mods should make us all turn in our shovels on Friday afternoons as a gesture of respect for the weekends. :p

Edited by Andryah

For a moment there.. I thought SithEBM had resubbed. :p

Nope.. just the usual Sunday forum necro antics. :)

The mods should make us all turn in our shovels on Friday afternoons as a gesture of respect for the weekends. :p

He was banned.

Don't act like you don't remember :rolleyes:

He left his wife and daughter to play swtor and support BioWare in their quest for greatness. Sir Copperfield even allows his niece to watch him play and learn from his example.

yeah, leave your real life for a game, abandon the few people who were willing to put up with you, and play video games all day instead of getting a real job, yeah that is *totally* the example his niece should follow :rolleyes:

Copperfield lives? Then why hasn't he graced us on the forums with more of his magical adventures?

The last time I saw him he was leading Pubs to glory over imp rats in the event caves. I should have recorded it and sold it to an epic movie script writer.

Whatever he's doing, it's undoubtedly role model behavior we can all learn from.

Edited by Joesixxpack

The last time I saw him he was leading Pubs to glory over imp rats in the event caves. I should have recorded it and sold it to an epic movie script writer.

Whatever he's doing, it's undoubtedly role model behavior we can all learn from.

Amen Joe! That's where I last saw him as well.

I was afraid to begin the cave quests as there were at least 100 Imps camped out below our ledge...suddenly, a bright light appeared behind me, I turned around to see Sir Copperfield, surrounded in a white glow, almost a halo - he looked like an angel (of death perhaps?) as he rode his mount past me - and before I could warn him, he plunged straight off the ledge...needless to say I feared the worst...

For a few minutes following his drop, my game stuttered and lagged, bright lights flashed below me, and suddenly...there he was...using the grappling hook to return to the base as gracefully as he had entered. I dared to peer over the edge to see the corpses of the Imps who were foolish enough to not run, littering the ground.

Amazing sight to behold...I will dedicate my next months sub to honor Sir Copperfield.