Scheduled Maintenance: September 17th, 2013 [Patch Notes]

AmberGreen

I know this has been said over and over again, but these times are really *the worst* times for servers to be down for APAC players. My guild in particular has a TFB HM progress run planned for tonight which we were hoping to sneak in before weekly reset.

3am PDT = 8pm Sydney time, prime time for gaming in Australia / Asia region. If you simply shifted the maintenance to 6am PDT (11pm Sydney time) APAC players would love you a little bit more and we'd actually be able to get some stuff done on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Not sure what time this is in Europe, but surely server updates could be staggered to suit timezones for simple maintenance patches??

What you folks keep failing to realize, is the ACTUAL PEOPLE taking down the servers, and loading the patches don't work or live on APAC or Euro time. All the servers are in some magical hub in Redwood CA, which is on Pacific Time, and I assume the workers are local folks. Or magical forest elves, ever been there?

I repeat, the people doing maintenance / updates don't live their lives or work in your time zone, nor should they be required to.

You're expecting a multi million dollar company to schedule their employees around the least amount of active players, according to their data, this is the lowest total population, and best times for bringing the servers down, but you still expect them to try and cater to you guys, which means juggling their personal lives and work shifts, and daily schedules. Every single patch and update someone pisses and moans about this.

This is simply asinine.

Continuous complaining about "scheduled raid times" and all that, how bout the poor slogs who have to wake up at 2am, hit the shower, down enough coffee so they don't hit an owl (<--pretty common in that city) on their way to work. Well your "scheduled raid time" is interfering with their "scheduled work time." When you're an adult, doing adult things, you choose work over play.

How would you feel if your boss called you in 5 hours early/later because a handful of people, you will never meet, half a world away, complain they don't like the time picked for you to do your job.

I know this has been said over and over again, but these times are really *the worst* times for servers to be down for APAC players. My guild in particular has a TFB HM progress run planned for tonight which we were hoping to sneak in before weekly reset.

3am PDT = 8pm Sydney time, prime time for gaming in Australia / Asia region. If you simply shifted the maintenance to 6am PDT (11pm Sydney time) APAC players would love you a little bit more and we'd actually be able to get some stuff done on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Not sure what time this is in Europe, but surely server updates could be staggered to suit timezones for simple maintenance patches??

You had some possibility of a point here when you had your own localized servers. You don't anymore. So.. you really have no valid point since you are small fraction of the total playerbase and unfortunately you therefore represent the least impact across the world.

I know it sucks.. but blame it on your time zone and the general inability of your region to throw enough business to an MMO company (any MMO company) to give you actual local servers.

Adjust and adapt IMO. I spent years in industry adjusting my time of work day to match the work schedule of fellow employees in Europe and Asia... BECAUSE I was the minority population in a cross globe activity with others. I did not expect all of them to adjust their work days for little ole me.

Edited by Andryah

How would you feel if your boss called you in 5 hours early/later because a handful of people, you will never meet, half a world away, complain they don't like the time picked for you to do your job.

You can not suggest that someone who has in job description a service to clients in different time zones and who is paid to be available to provide the service to these people can complain when he or she is asked to do their damn job!

ludicrousness at its best.

You can not suggest that someone who has in job description a service to clients in different time zones and who is paid to be available to provide the service to these people can complain when he or she is asked to do their damn job!

ludicrousness at its best.

Do the folks who do the maintenance actually have it in their job description? Probably not. It's clear you have no concept of the magical corporate world. Different team members, shift rotations, corporate downsizing probably have given this team a skeleton crew to work with. These folks are probably standard issue low pay office schlubs who are 9-5'ers, they come in to do a job, collect their checks, and go on with their life.

People still complain about this? Man get over it already. I've been playing FF14, and guess when they do maintenance? During JST...which means servers are down at 5pm in the US east coast. You know what I do? I go do something else. It's not the end of the world.

People still complain about this? Man get over it already. I've been playing FF14, and guess when they do maintenance? During JST...which means servers are down at 5pm in the US east coast. You know what I do? I go do something else. It's not the end of the world.

QFT

/5char

There we go, too.

• HK Quest reset in 2 different characters, with lots of hours sent to the void, plus big creds AND subbed time (aka REAL MONEY) wasted? Check.
  • Unable to group with people searching HK parts? Check.
  • MASSIVE fps drop in CZ-198, and only there, with the outrageous low fps making the game unplayable? Check
  • Prior bugs -- very obvious ones -- reported in tickets and ignored? YOU BET.

Notes:

• Even with graphics settings on Very Low, with the minimum screen resolution (way below my native one), the FPS WILL drop as soon as I load CZ-198, with that big and ugly black screen + toolbars + chat log.
  • No FPS drop in other places, except the Fleet when there are LOTS of players in there too. A change on instance always solve the fps drop in the fleet, that isn't that big to cause trouble, but switching instances on CZ-198 does nothing to solve the issue.
  • FPS drop on CZ-198 only happens in CZ-198 itself, not on the 2 Czerka FP's.
  • With FPS under 10 -- averaging 5 (yes, FIVE!!!) -- it is absolutely impossible to do anything in CZ-198, except getting outta there ASAP.

Real nice QA job.

Time to check if I'll keep my sub.

Edited by Cacaum
spelling

T]

Notes:

• Even with graphics settings on Very Low, with the minimum screen resolution (way below my native one), the FPS WILL drop as soon as I load CZ-198, with that big and ugly black screen + toolbars + chat log.
  • No FPS drop in other places, except the Fleet when there are LOTS of players in there too. A change on instance always solve the fps drop in the fleet, that isn't that big to cause trouble, but switching instances on CZ-198 does nothing to solve the issue.
  • FPS drop on CZ-198 only happens in CZ-198 itself, not on the 2 Czerka FP's.
  • With FPS under 10 -- averaging 5 (yes, FIVE!!!) -- it is absolutely impossible to do anything in CZ-198, except getting outta there ASAP.

Real nice QA job.

Time to check if I'll keep my sub.

I've got the same fps issue