"Join the Battle" trailer

RixoFutu

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Force-pushing a Buick in the tunnel really ruins the Star Wars feel to it. It was so-so. A crowd of people with lightsabers is cool, but they were all the same color and the crowd was too dense; I know it was to parody the cinematic from launch but I wasn't feelin' it.

There are some good fan shorts that do better IMO

is every one of these crapy live action trailers made by the same people and same director?

every single one is the same thing, people running around on the streets, glimpses of weapons and powers then ends with big mass of people and has nothing to do with the game lol

Edited by Vis-Tecum

I don't think so. Link?

I think it's at least a year old. I believe this was first shown at some Euro convention, first half of 2012. I think it was a game developers convention. Someone from BW or EA was there.I remember people online commenting that it was very similar to a LOTR game trailer.

Edited by Unchosen

is every one of these crapy live action trailers made by the same people and same director?

every single one is the same thing, people running around on the streets, glimpses of weapons and powers then ends with big mass of people and has nothing to do with the game lol

Are you talking about FF14 & GW2 commercials? Or other products like the "Can you hear me now?" cell phones?

Wizard 101 and WoW had low-key, low-pop commercials with 1 or groups of people, which was more relatable I think.

Nothing to do with the game?

It's a buch of different people of all ages pretending to be Jedi, Sith, Smugglers, Troopers etc.

I think it has everything to do with the game.

Fantastic vid...I have not seen it before, so it's new for me even if it's been out a while.

My only critique is the music at the end...cheesy with the final Voice announcement. Should have been more epic. Other than that it's awesome I think.

Did anyone else note this from the page?

Current Players: To qualify for the Current Player in-game item rewards, the JA-3 Subversive Battle Droid Mini-Pet and the JA-3 Subversive Speeder, your account must be in an active subscription status on October 20, 2013 at 11:00PM PDT / October 21, 2013 at 6:00AM GMT. The JA-3 Subversive Battle Droid Mini-Pet and the JA-3 Subversive Speeder will be delivered via in-game mail within ten business days following the close of the promotion. Additionally, as part of the ongoing Subscriber Rewards Program, Subscribers receive the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel free of charge* beginning September 12, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT or within two hours of becoming a Subscriber. Players who have already purchased Rise of the Hutt Cartel and are an active Subscriber on September 12, 2013 at 4:00AM PDT / 11:00AM GMT will receive a new title, “The Risen,” via in-game mail on or before September 25, 2013 as our appreciation for the purchase. Subscribers who purchased the Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel between August 11, 2013 and September 12, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT will be granted 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins in appreciation for their purchase of Rise of the Hutt Cartel in the last 30 days. The 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins will be granted by September 13, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT.

Looks like if you have an active sub at that time you will get the pet and the speeder. Good choice for the speeder IMO....looks cool in red.

If I'm not reading that wrong, that sounds good.

Join the battle page on SWTOR

I get the feeling that they are trying to hard to get people to join. Or it could just be the constant failures and /facepalm moments that we've suffered from the past couple months alone weighing in. :rolleyes:

Either way, doing my part in making sure no one I know falls for this.

You think it has nothing to do with the game? LOL at you then, sir. It's extremely obvious.

I get the feeling that they are trying to hard to get people to join. Or it could just be the constant failures and /facepalm moments that we've suffered from the past couple months alone weighing in. :rolleyes:

Either way, doing my part in making sure no one I know falls for this.

Heavy advertising on MMO Champion's borders is recent.

Well, shouldn't they always be?

This one seems desperate though. It screams "Please, we need subs !"

And hell if you want to go the "normal" advertising route, I have not seen a single mention / advert anywhere of TOR other than the the first few months prior to launch and maybe a month after that.

But to answer the OP on opinion: -5/10 . "Live action" tends to be stupid, silly, and cheesy..which is what this was. Couldn't take it seriously at all.

Edited by Eillack

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.