the SUPER but still fairly secret space project! Where's the buzz?!

CTFoxhound

I understand some people's desire for free space combat, but this is an MMORPG. There are other games that are designed around free space combat and they will always remain a better choice than playing SWTOR for the free space combat. In this game, space combat is a mini-game, it's not the game itself and as every mini-game in a large RPG, it shouldn't take up as much of the Devs time as a new Operation, new story content, new PVP maps, new planets and quests do.

But if they could make it a bigger part of the game, why not? There could be more story content involved with it than we think. There's only so many pvp maps and pve encounters you can do before things start getting repetitive, adding a completely new way of playing can keep it fresh.

If it was not successful, it will not be good for the game or the company. However, if the content just sucks and nobody wants to do it, then yes, it was a waste of time.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, I role-play a space pirate smuggler that doesn't really get to do much in space. I'd like more rpg elements that involve space, in my space going role play game. That's all I'm looking for.

Can you RP in a Warzone?

Or a Flashpoint?

Because that's what it's probably going to be like - just in space. There might space combat FPs and PVP maps, or just PVP maps but if you expect being able to take your ship to space and exploring the galaxy, I think you're expecting too much.

But if they could make it a bigger part of the game, why not? There could be more story content involved with it than we think. There's only so many pvp maps and pve encounters you can do before things start getting repetitive, adding a completely new way of playing can keep it fresh.

I repeat that this is just my opinion, but that's exactly what I wouldn't like. Making it a bigger part of the game. Space simulators are intricate games and if they just scratch the surface with the SSSP, the content will (obviously) not be good enough to compete with Eve or any other space sim for that matter. In essence, I don't think it will help the game as much as people who love space sims think it will.

I don't really see how it could do much for the story. Space combat games are not really bursting with story content. And with every new thing they add the story elements just get less and less (just look at the story content in the events - how much story was there in the Rakghoul event and how much story and dialogues are there in the Bounty Hunter Week). There will obviously be some backstory but it won't be "class story" quality and I truly believe it won't even be Makeb quality.

As for keeping it fresh, I don't know. Maybe. It's just that they are trying to keep it fresh by taking it to a completely different direction, shifting their focus from planets and story content to a glorified mini-game that's kinda hard to make it good enough for people to actually care to try and pay for in a game that needs so much stuff in its existing content.

Edited by TheNahash

Can you RP in a Warzone?

Or a Flashpoint?

Because that's what it's probably going to be like - just in space. There might space combat FPs and PVP maps, or just PVP maps but if you expect being able to take your ship to space and exploring the galaxy, I think you're expecting too much.

As a matter of fact I do role play FPs and such. It is story content.

So... a mini EvE?

That does sound a bit much for the SWTOR engine.

You could look at it that way. It went the opposite way for Eve, used to be you'd make your face on character creation, but the whole game took place on the ships and you never had any "human' time on stations other than menus

They will release PR events and advertising/hype on the project when they are ready to do. But, when they do, prepare to be blown away ;)

I'd rather prepare to not be blown away to avoid inevitable disappointment from setting high expectations, but do as you wish! ;)

Alright. When it comes out and you are blown away because it's better than JTL. Just saying...I've been telling you for the longest time. But hey! How did the Hutt Cartel NOT coming in the game workout ;)

And when your optimism comes crashing down around you, I'll offer some tea and we can talk about all those dreams we had, once upon a time.

It's probably going to be Warzones, but in Space. With pre-fab ships because that's easier to balance.

And when your optimism comes crashing down around you, I'll offer some tea and we can talk about all those dreams we had, once upon a time.

It's probably going to be Warzones, but in Space. With pre-fab ships because that's easier to balance.

God I hope Basreia is correct...

God I fear you're correct...

Alright. When it comes out and you are blown away because it's better than JTL. Just saying...I've been telling you for the longest time. But hey! How did the Hutt Cartel NOT coming in the game workout ;)

RotCH was fine, nothing earthshaking. It was what I expected, which wasn't anything amazing.

Tell me why we should believe you that it's going to be so awesome and better than JTL?

God I hope Basreia is correct...

God I fear you're correct...

Have expectation so low you'll never be disappointed.

Still be disappointed when your expectations are met because they're so low.

Secretly wish for magical, wonderful things. Be internally crushed by the reality.

That's how I roll :cool:

*cries*

Secretly wish for magical, wonderful things. Be internally crushed by the reality.

*cries*

I just load up Simcity and everything looks better.

*cries*

lol, that was cute! Sadly, it's EXACTLY how I feel...:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.