Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

CourtneyWoods

how long have you used the content from your RoTHC pre-order or whatever you did (i preordered it)

now think of how many hours of enjoyment it has caused

is it really for crying over 1050 CC when its only 5.99 and well-- you got what you paid for...

The august 2013 - september 2013 thing actually makes sense. you had months, close to a year to play the new content and such. these guys got it a month ago and now its going free... they deserve the coins, they havent played the expansion for months on end like those who bought it at the release date kids :eek:

but then who cares right all you guys want is free stuff right???

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to think EA and BW have a bet going on about which bit of news regarding this game can get the most Rage Quits. They seem to enjoy releasing news that ticks off a lot a people. That being said, first page of this thread pretty sums up my feelings.

Tell me, do you go and demand your money back when a movie you saw in theaters comes out on Netflix 6 months later?

Completely different situations, a movie is not an expansion to a game that people were forced to pay for if they wanted any of the added content.

And to add to that, what of those who don't use Netflix?

Edited by Eillack

Completely different situations, a movie is not an expansion to a game that people were forced to pay for if they wanted any of the added content.

And to add to that, what of those who don't use Netflix?

If you aren't paying for netflix then you're f2p and don't get the movie.

[Citation Needed]

We've discussed this, your hypothetical situations and conjecture don't mean anything. Do you think you're the only person that thought of this, like everyone at EA and Bioware didn't think out possible scenarios like this? People will buy the expansion, but they wouldn't buy it if they didn't have RotHC.

Let me get this straight, you're illiterate? Where did I say I was f2p? This isn't my first MMO and definitely not my first EA MMO. I'm not going to bother reading the rest of that or responding, whats the point of responding to someone that can't comprehend?

Explanation of the coins since you're a little slow on reading you're probably only on page 4 of this thread: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_adjustment_(retail)

Good deal. Id rather not have you troll everything I say anyhow just because you feel like defending EA's virginity so im glad we got that settled..

Put things in perspective. I'm forced to pay if I want to see the movie in theaters. And, often, that price is higher than what you and I paid for ROTHC. And the time we get to enjoy it is shorter. You paid ten dollars for something that gave you more content, over a longer time, than a movie. And that ten dollars was less than you pay for the full experience of a movie.

Good deal. Id rather not have you troll everything I say anyhow just because you feel like defending EA's virginity so im glad we got that settled..

I never said I won't continue to respond to you, that comprehension is a real game killer though, huh? Why do you think everyone that disagrees with you works for EA/Bioware? You were asked this about 20 pages ago.

so refunding a VERY VERY VERY small number of people their purchase is a worse financial option then refunding THOUSANDS of people who've had the game, enjoyed the game for several months and also letting them keep all the stuff they've accumulated in those several months? :rolleyes:

see post #247.

See, if it was a true refund, I would agree. But Cartel Coins don't cost Bioware any money to give out. There's a good chance that anyone that was going to buy more Cartel Coins will still buy them, and anyone that wasn't going to still won't. Sure, some people that were going to might have only needed a few, and some people that weren't going to might buy more now that they enjoyed what they got, but you seem to be mixing up the differences between real and digital currency.

Cartel Coins =/= Real Money. If they did, you could sell the Cartel Coins you get for being a subscriber (legally) for real money profit. Thus, giving away digital currency that is only used for digital goods doesn't actually negatively impact them, especially when it is essentially for extra bonus pixels, and when it is an arguably small amount of it to each person. 1050 Cartel Coins is not enough to substantially offset the non-sub penalties, and it isn't enough to break their economy. Thus, "refunding" all exp pack buyers the fair amount would be nearly cost free, and it would improve their PR with all of their subbers, who at this point feel a little bit cheated.

Yes, several months of early access is grand, but as a subscriber that pre ordered RotHC, I can confidently say that I very well might have waited several months to get it for free instead. Or, at least, I would have been previously informed and would know that buying it early would cost me, and that I wouldn't get my money back, but I would get early access.

I guess it just kinda feels like we were tricked. If they didn't make it free, we wouldn't care. If they would have told us from the get go that it was eventually going to be free, we wouldn't care. If they weren't refunding anyone that bought it, we wouldn't care (though people that bought it recently would). But since people that jumped aboard recently are being "rewarded" by getting a "refund" of their cost for the costless in game currency listed above, while people that have been on board from the get go aren't given anything special except for "early access" (which is great, but it seems inconsequential now) seems lame. Like, I don't even mind if we get something that ISN'T Cartel Coins, or even if we get a lesser amount of them. Hell, I'll take a stupid little mini pet or something. Maybe a tiny hutt or something. But I just don't see why we are effectively being "punished" for supporting them and giving them our money early.

I use all of these words for lack of better terms. I understand that it isn't really punishment, but I won't say it doesn't hurt a little bit to see people that haven't supported the game as readily as I have getting a gold star and a pat on the head, while I just get a pat on the head.

Sooooo what about us those who bought the expansion, what do we get? and btw i Preordered it ....

you got to play it for the last half a year and you got preorder goodies? I'd support you getting your money back. fair is fair. and btw fair would include them rolling back your account for 6months.

I never said I won't continue to respond to you, that comprehension is a real game killer though, huh? Why do you think everyone that disagrees with you works for EA/Bioware? You were asked this about 20 pages ago.

And I gave a answer to this like 15 pages ago. Nobody bothered to read it though, so thats not my problem. And the reason I think your a Bioware employee is 1 of 2 reasons, let me elaborate..

1) Your way to happy with everything that EA/Bioware does, meaning either your so new you don't have a reason to hate or your getting paid to troll anyone with a negative opinion on EA/Bioware's handeling of issues, trying to make them look good and the customer to look like some self entitled ******.

2) Ive made several insults towards you personally to see your reaction, but you have remained coolheaded and calm, speaking to me like your behind a desk somewhere and trying to keep this all looking professional. Guess there is a line they won't let you guys cross huh?

And I gave a answer to this like 15 pages ago. Nobody bothered to read it though, so thats not my problem. And the reason I think your a Bioware employee is 1 of 2 reasons, let me elaborate..

1) Your way to happy with everything that EA/Bioware does, meaning either your so new you don't have a reason to hate or your getting paid to troll anyone with a negative opinion on EA/Bioware's handeling of issues, trying to make them look good and the customer to look like some self entitled ******.

2) Ive made several insults towards you personally to see your reaction, but you have remained coolheaded and calm, speaking to me like your behind a desk somewhere and trying to keep this all looking professional. Guess there is a line they won't let you guys cross huh?

I actually insulted that other person for calling me a moocher and I've told you that you're illiterate and can't comprehend critical thinking. I didn't think you actually believed I was an employee though, take off the tinfoil hat, man. Just because I don't get emotional about a game doesn't mean I'm an employee of the company, it just means I'm not 14.

Like really? Is $10 a lot for someone for 6 months of gameplay? You had 6 months of entertainment, for a measly $10. Why is this even something to complain about?

I actually insulted that other person for calling me a moocher and I've told you that you're illiterate and can't comprehend critical thinking. I didn't think you actually believed I was an employee though, take off the tinfoil hat, man. Just because I don't get emotional about a game doesn't mean I'm an employee of the company, it just means I'm not 14.

Like really? Is $10 a lot for someone for 6 months of gameplay? You had 6 months of entertainment, for a measly $10. Why is this even something to complain about?

Hey, have you gotten your check from BW yet? I haven't. ;):D Seriously, I didn't realize that not getting angry about this means I work for Bioware. Why would I get angry about a game?

This is *********** bull ****. There is no way in hell that I will EVER purchase another expansion knowing that if I wait 6 months, I can just get it for free.

I want my pre-order money back, regardless of the extra play time I've had.